• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokémon Cobalt Version: The Dark Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
  • Waaaa.....!! Very Nice...
    Put more D/P/P Pokemons in...oH! I forgot to put this:

Nice Trainer Sprite
    I won't put MORE, I will put ALL. :P
    Thanks. :)

OH nice hack. This deserves showcase status. Anyway are you going to only add a few or edit out pokemon?
    Thanks. I think I will move it soon... :D
    Oh and... every D/P/P Pokémon will be available in this hack.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
    Years
  • Nice looking hack. Hey, how did you put Darkrai in the title screen? I was thinking about doing the same in my hack with another Pokemon but I don't know how.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Nice looking hack. Hey, how did you put Darkrai in the title screen? I was thinking about doing the same in my hack with another Pokemon but I don't know how.
    I do not think I can really explain it to you... try to find a tutorial or something. :/

Well I updated my thread just to make it look nicer. Also now it is moved to Progressing Hacks so it should get a little more publicity. :P Currently I am planning out the maps and designing them.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • OHi also noticed your name is similar to blaizchu's hack. Oh well! Anyway i really do seem to like it and lol the names are hashes of sinnoh names. Good job!

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Ow it doesn't really matter if the name of it is similar...

But it is good you noticed that the names of Sinto are taken from the same ideas of Sinnoh. Like Soleleaf Town is one leaf instead of two. :P Or Gallant Lake and Verity Lake are both virtues... I want to make it a bit related to D/P.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    this is truly amazing! :)
    I like the Sinnoh POKéMON inserted in a Gold version hack project.

it is really nice. :)
    wish you luck on this project~

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    I love your title screen :P . I want to play this now! :( Hope it comes out real soon.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • This hack looks very impressiv and I'm glad that some people are hacking the older generations and not forgetting about it.

I love some of the graphics you've included in this hack and I hope you continue to have fun making it =D.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • this is truly amazing! :)
    I like the Sinnoh POKéMON inserted in a Gold version hack project.

it is really nice. :)
    wish you luck on this project~
    Thanks a lot! :) I know that new Pokémon in an older looking hack would look cool. :D

I love your title screen :P . I want to play this now! :( Hope it comes out real soon.
    Thank you. I don't think it will come out for a while because I am not so good at GB/C hacking (hex and stuff) to make a complete game. But I will try to learn and hopefully someday make a release.. :)

This hack looks very impressiv and I'm glad that some people are hacking the older generations and not forgetting about it.

I love some of the graphics you've included in this hack and I hope you continue to have fun making it =D.
    Thank you! I wish that there were more older generation hacks though.

Here is a little update... not much at all really but finally I have an image of night. :P
    I also included the changed text of Soleleaf Town. :D

cobalt08jc9.png
    cobalt09ys6.png

Also... I retook all of the screenshots and made them into animations.
    I finally completed Route 201 so there are a few screenshots in there. :)

TitleScreen.png
    WildDarkrai.gif
    SoleafPlayerHouse.gif

SoleleafExit.gif
    Route201Lakefront.gif
    Route201Ledges.gif

Route201BerryTree.gif

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Nice, those screenshots look nice. Although, I think you should change the graphics a little. Not the Pokemon, but the tiles. Anyway, good luck! Can't wait for the beta!

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Nice, those screenshots look nice. Although, I think you should change the graphics a little. Not the Pokemon, but the tiles. Anyway, good luck! Can't wait for the beta!
    Thanks for the comment. :) I am not so sure if I want to change the tiles at all because I like how they look. Also I'm not very good at actually changing the graphics. I can make them but I can't insert them well.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Thanks for the comment. :) I am not so sure if I want to change the tiles at all because I like how they look. Also I'm not very good at actually changing the graphics. I can make them but I can't insert them well.
    Well, if you need help inserting them, I could definately do that for you. Just PM me the tilesets, and I'll send you back a patch with the graphics inserted.

Years
  • 한국인이 신가요 ?.
    하하하... 아니면 어쩔 수 없구요...
    혹시 닉네임이 '바이러스' 인 분 아시나요?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    jo hyunhee said:
    한국인이 신가요 ?.
    하하하... 아니면 어쩔 수 없구요...
    혹시 닉네임이 '바이러스' 인 분 아시나요?

You're going to need to translate that to english as this is an english speaking forum only.

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    You're going to need to translate that to english as this is an english speaking forum only.

He said:

Do Koreans.
    Ha, ha, ha ... Or do not have a choice ...
    If you have a nickname 'virus' in minutes, you know?​

Anyway. nice hack! love it. Ill be looking at this thread for updates now. And i love how the pokemon look. Old style :D good luck!​

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back