• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

letting notifications stagnate has become something of a game for me

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • letting notifications stagnate has become something of a game for me

letting notifications stagnate has become something of a game for me

anyone else do this? i'd like some reassurance that i'm not the only one that just doesn't bother clicking on these to remove them, or doesn't mind having the numbers on my navbar.

also are you a procrastinator irl because i feel like this translates something to my life that i don't want to admit rofl

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • yeah one time i had nots racked up to 200+ and i was like "okay i can't keep looking at this" and finally went through and deleted them. and i was like "oh i'm never letting this happen again!!" and yet here i am, raking in the nots again ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sirfetch’d

I cleared out 190 of them yesterday. Usually if I get a like or something I don't bother going back and checking it or even clearing the notification 8( I just really got sick of looking at that huge number so I went through and closed each one 8D

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • Sometimes I like to let them pile up, but for the most part, I almost always tend to clear 'em out maybe a day or two afterwards. They always make me feel strangely flattered, though, haha.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    jesus, and do you guys have to debate whether or not to answer your own door when someone knocks because I feel like that is something you people would do

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I love having notifications, I check them instantly

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • jesus, and do you guys have to debate whether or not to answer your own door when someone knocks because I feel like that is something you people would do

look

i'm simply conforming to the social standard that is how the treehouse's leaves sway. if we want to talk about notifications or the average diameter of puddles of water after a storm is our business my friend

actually the latter is a solid idea for a thread, thanks

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Oh my god, I can't leave a notification standing. It like...NEEDS ME NOW!

Seriously Idt I've ever had more that 15 at one sitting unless I didn't log in for a long time. I love PC too much. :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I love having notifications, I check them instantly
    This. I don't understand you people who let them pile up haha, whenever I have a notification I go "wohoo!" and click it.

Yes, I am also the kind of person who would totally eat one marshmallow immediately rather than wait patiently for a few minutes to get two marshmallows.

Lucid

I don't need an icon to remind me no one on here talks to me ok

Sirfetch’d

This. I don't understand you people who let them pile up haha, whenever I have a notification I go "wohoo!" and click it.

For me it's just pure laziness of not wanting to go back to a thread just to view the post that someone liked 8( I am now trying to break that habit though because it takes wayyyy too long to clear all of those notifs haha.

Years
  • I can't let them stagnate, myself. I have to have my bar absolutely empty or else I'll feel weird lol
    Call it needing to be organized ;u;

Back