• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What if...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
  • I would be thinking "where's the new Pokémon when you have a brand new region?" And even if there were no new region... I would be curious to find out about the storyline and what happens in the story.

But really? If there were no new Pokémon, it surely would have an impact on me thinking about getting the game, it would've discouraged me from getting the game. :x

But I guess I could think that the legendaries in the game would be just the ones you found in previous games and perhaps some totally different story that involves something similar to Pokémon Colosseum.

Nonetheless, the games do indeed have new Pokémon in them and I'm really happy and excited about it. ^^

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • Its 6th gen a new regn, so there would be new pokemon, about 80 pkmns would be nyc just like in 2nd, 3rd n 4th gen...!! And in additn to dat, 100 pkmns frm other gens....

And if there were no new pkmn other than those 5 pkmns, then still i will be interesting, atleast we would see new graphics in 3d..

But i dun think so dat no new pkmn would be introduced... There would be some, atleast 50..

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • If GameFreak did that, then they certainly would earn themselves the crown for being the biggest trolls. Haha.

Even with just the five new Pokémon, a new region, and being on the 3DS, it would hardly be considered a "new generation" in my book. Part of the fun in the announcement of a new generation in Pokémon is discovering all of the many new Pokémon that inhabit the new region. Without that, it's just another Pokémon game updated in 3D graphics like some have already said.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I'd have no reason to go on Serebii everyday and see if they've revealed new Pokemon like I did back in 2006 and 2010.

OFF TOPIC: I need to update my favorite Pokemon section since it's been Kojondo since 2010.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'd be ok with no new pokémon IF, and only IF, they rebalance the older pokémon so they aren't outclassed by newer pokémon. Also, I would expect a completely revamped battle system, that includes completely overhauling the IV, EV and Nature systems.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I've love it!

We're getting way to many Pokemon in a short time, these games need to not increase the amount too vastly like BW did.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • This Is why I though RSE would be the First 3DS game. It would allow Game Freak to experiment with new technology without having to design a new place or a new batch of monsters. They could have used the old material to make the first game, making the Real Gen6 launch that much better for having waited.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Eh.

If there were no new pokemon, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't bother buying the games. I'd be curious to see what the old pokemon looked like with the new graphics, but there would undoubtedly be plenty of opportunity to see that online, and once I saw a bit of it, that'd be enough.

By a considerable margin, my favorite part of new pokemon games is new pokemon. That's what interests me the most - finding, catching and training the new ones and seeing what they are and what they can do and what they evolve into. If it was nothing but the same old ones that have already been in past games, I might as well just keep playing those past games, since I already own them.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    To me, new games without new Pokémon would just feel like 3rd versions to me. I'd be excited to see the region changes, and new Gym Leaders, but having new Pokémon just adds a whole level of excitement--it's a completely new game, complete with a whole new set of Pokémon. If there are no new Pokémon, it isn't completely new, and I wouldn't be as excited about something that isn't completely new.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't rush out to get it on the first day. Though I might still get it after seeing the features and if it would be something I'd be interested in playing. But the fun of the new main Pokemon games is exploring a fresh region and seeing new Pokemon pop up, catching them, and then seeing how they work in battle. Plus, new Pokemon make the region more interesting, as their stories about the legendaries are revealed, and it makes the region much more richer in history.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think this is something that will have to happen eventually. People complain about the designs' (lack of) originality now - can you imagine how bad it'd be if we kept going until we had like 2000 Pokemon? Or 10000?

Besides, there's so much they can do without introducing new Pokemon. You can come up with new regional dexes, making Pokemon that've never been available together, well, available together. Then, they can always add new features, new items, new regions, new moves...

Think of the way ROM hacks work - very few of them introduce new Pokemon (a lot of those that do tend to get flak for it), but you get a new region, a new story, and a new combination of Pokemon. In other words, a new experience.

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I would still be excited due to the many new features we've seen and still haven't seen. This game would still rock without new pokemon.

Back