• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding a second kind of shiny Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Okay, so I was wondering if anyone knows where, exactly, all of the shiny scripts are located. I found the stuff in the basic attribute accessors, the shiny flag and whatnot, but I can't find the stuff that actually looks for the right sprite to call.

What changes are you making, might you ask? Well, and feel free to rip off this idea if you like, I'm creating an area where all the Pokemon have a different coloration completely unique to that area, sort of another shiny flag that gives them a third coloration total. No longer will 17% of them be green in color. Due to how it's encountered, it's called Nightmare or DarkWorld coloration, but not all of it is going to be dark.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    I need to describe it almost exactly like shiny.
    Forms WOULD make sense, but I don't think that's the answer here. If it was one Pokemon, that would be okay, but it's ALL of them. It behaves almost as if shiny were area-specific, if you think about it.

If there's something I'm missing, or I'm not understanding correctly, feel free to elaborate.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Search by "tshiny" and "Graphics/Battlers" at PokemonUtilities script.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Okay thanks. I actually found PokemonUtilities and some of the scripts, but I think that should get the rest of them. I'd bookmarked it to do "When I got done with everything else". XD

Back