• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please help me with my Team!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Hi, im trying to build a good team for my competative battling and really need some help! So i need you poke experts to rate my team and give me feed back! I only have 4 pokemon in my team at the minute and neeed some help! thank you :)

LV50
    Lucario
    Phsychic,Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse
    ATK.130
    DEF.81
    SP.ATK.137
    SP.def.90
    Speed.108

LV73
    Dragonite
    Aqua tail,flamethrower,thunderbolt,Draco meteor.
    ATK.225
    DEF.173
    SP.ATK.177
    SP.def.191
    Speed. 135

LV91
    Flygon
    Hyper Beam,Fissure,Feint,Earthpower
    ATK.204
    DEF.176
    SP.ATK.171
    SP.def.167
    Speed. 208

LV50
    Blissy
    Calm mind,Thunderbolt,Softboiled,Double edge.
    ATK.22
    DEF.19
    SP.ATK.87
    SP.def.129
    Speed. 75

LV100
    Absol
    Physco cut,Night slash, Swords Dance, Suckerpunch.
    ATK.394
    DEF.156
    SP.ATK.167
    SP.def.157
    Speed.249
    Item,Razor claw

I need your help to recommned a 6th pokemon and if i should change any of the original ones (like flygon-his stats are pretty bad for a level 91.) What Evs i should train up to maxamise there potential and any moves i should change and what items to give them.

Thanks for Helping :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Hi there, InspectorH. Instead of rebuilding your team for you, I'm going to give some pointers and tips that I think might help out. (also I'm assuming this is fourth or fifth gen Pokemon - if it's like GBA stuff you probably shouldn't listen to this advice since a lot of mechanics changed from third to fourth gen). edit: owait you have draco meteor and feint nvm this is gen 4+ for sure

First of all, when you're building the sets of your Pokemon, you'll want to take into account their strengths. I mean, taking a look at Dragonite's stats, I think you'd agree with me that his normal Attack stat is better than his Special Attack stat, isn't it? Why are you using all of those specially-based moves if it's working off of his lesser attack stat? Dragonite could run a mixed set (meaning, both physically- and specially-based attacks), sure, but then it should be more physically-inclined because that's its better stat. By using the best stats it has, you start to maximize a Pokemon's potential and make them a lot more useful.

Flygon's got a lot of issues. Firstly, yeah, his stats are definitely lower than they should be. This could be because of poor IVs or just some unlucky EV training or something. Next, the same rules apply as to what I said about Dragonite - maximize its potential by using its strongest stats! Earth Power and Hyper Beam are both Special moves, meaning they work off of his SpA (Special Attack abbreviation). You should try to use Physical attacks to use its better attacking stat. Now, on the note of Hyper Beam, it's a move you want to avoid using. Sure, it looks super powerful, but it's really not as good as you think, because once you use it, the opponent has a free turn to do whatever they want. There's no attack powerful enough to make up for giving the opponent free turns.

Next on Flygon's issue list is Fissure. In general, OHKO moves are banned from competitive play in almost all circumstances. No one likes to be coasting to a win to all of a sudden be OHKOd because someone randomly had an OHKO move. It's considered a cheap move in general and no one wants to be on the receiving end, so it's mutually agreed upon that no one uses OHKO moves. (Plus 30 accuracy sucks ;;). Lastly, Feint is a really bad move. Why? It requires the opponent to use Protect/Detect so that it can hit, and it only has 50 base power even when it does work. There are a lot of much much much better moves to use there instead of Feint.

Blissey's best job is to be a Special wall - to suck up any specially-based attacks with her huge bulk. She's not something that wants to set up with Calm Mind because she's a team supporter first and foremost. There are all kinds of moves you can run on Blissey, and Softboiled (or Wish + Protect) is the only necessary one I think. You can run Toxic, Stealth Rock, Flamethrower (to hit things like Scizor on the switch in), Seismic Toss (to deal reliable damage since Blissey's attacking stats aren't too hot), etc. Also, speaking of attacking stats, have you seen Blissey's Attack? It's got a 22 Attack stat. The -last- thing it should be doing is using Double-Edge.

Absol looks like it has a fair set, actually.

When you do post your team to be rated, it'd be great if you can post your Natures, EVs (if you can), and the items that they have too. I can't recommend any of those things since a) I'm lazy and b) I don't really want to build your team for you but if you come up with your own I'll do my best to rate it and help you make it better. Good luck with your team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Thanks loads for the Advice Vrai it will really help alot :) I know that dragonites SP.A is lower but i couldnt think of any strong elemental type moves that were physical :/ and seeing as ice is his main weakness i thought flame thrower would be a good shout to counter that. I have just transfered my team on to White and think i will change Draco meteor for Outrage now that its a physical move. ( i got dragonite in hoenn and outrage used to be a special move i belive?) I think il remove flygon from my team now that im on white and as you have pointed out he has A LOT of problems. And thanks for the advice on blissy i just really had calm mind to help with thunderbolt, but seismic toss is a good call il definatly use that :) and proberbly steath rock as well and change Double edge *cringe* for toxic.
    Absol is my beast and helps me out in tight spots, With the ability of Super luck and 2 increase critical hits move plus razor claw he can usally be relied on to do some damage with a 25% chance of getting critical :)
    What about lucario? he is pretty solid but im not sure about dark pulse :/
    As for items
    Wise glasses for lucario
    Luck punch for chansey
    Persim berry for dragonite
    Razor claw for absol

Thanks loads for you help :)

Back