• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Favorite and Least Favorite Genre(s) of Music?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
  • I'm quite sure it has been asked several times before, but it's a broad yet simple question.

What's your favorite and least favorite genre(s) of music? Why?

Personally, my favorite is classic rock because I grew up in a classic rock atmosphere. ;)
    I'd have to say my least favorite is modern pop music these days. I dunno, IMO it just doesn't seem real to me :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't think I have a favorite per se, but I mostly enjoy metal, indie, pop, progressive rock, modern jazz, and drum and bass. I'll listen to anything for the most part, except country. I can't stand it. The only country I like is The Band Perry...that's about it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • My most favorite is probably pop punk. Things like All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, We are the in crowd... Why? Because I feel deep connection to all of this stuff. It's helped me get through a lot of shit in my life. All Time Low has made a HUGE impact on me. Other genres I like some are country, rock, alternative rock, oldies and pop. I'm actually extremely picky about the stuff I listen to. :P

My least favorite is rap/hip-hop. It doesn't appeal to me, and I can't get into it no matter how hard I try.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hmm, favourite genre.. probably progressive rock and post-rock. I also really like electronic downtempo, house and ambient electro.

Least favourite music is probably rap. I like hip hop if it's lyricless. I also don't typically like pop music like T-Swift or Justin Bieber, etc. And, all the music that you typically relate to Spanish culture, I can't stand.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I don't have a favourite genre but I do prefer more edm/popish songs to heavy metal screamers. I absolutely despite heavy metal screamers with the passion of a thousand suns multipled by 10 to the power of 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • can't pick a favorite genre; I've found shit I like in plenty, but if I had to choose the ones that I've really dug into, it'd be, like..... emo, mostly. but that's not at all the only thing I listen to. it's probably a product of my adolescence. as far as a least favorite, bro-country is awful.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I tend to lean towards alternative, rock, and synthpop. I usually like very chill sounding music as well.

I don't like Country, but Hunter Hayes is an exception.

Years
  • I like at least one artist in every genre I'd say, my favourite genres are usually rock and metal and their various sub-genres though. My least favourite is definitely techno.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I try to stay as open as possible when it comes to music, though I guess I lean towards indie and hip hop more than any other genres

Years
  • Ah, Music. One of my many passions. I'm going to have to say that Funk, Ska, 80's-90's Hip-Hop and R&B, Bebop, Swing, Latin Jazz are my top genres. I just adore Jazz and Ethnic music. Videogame music, Rock, Pop, Electronic and Metal are pretty good as well. Anything with a good bassline or drums is good in my book. As for least favorite genres, I don't care much for Country. It's just watered-down Rock in my opinion.

Sir Codin

Favorite? METAL. Don't like it? Sorry, you failed the test. Don't talk to me.

Other genres I dig: Classical, classic/hard/progressive rock, old-school punk/hardcore, downtempo, industrial, chill, drum & bass, alternative/underground hip-hop, bossa nova, some dubstep (not much though), occasional jazz, world music (mostly Middle Eastern folk and Celtic), and lots of video game soundtracks.

As for genres I don't like, my mother singing country and pop music my whole life essentially guaranteed that I would never like them.....lack of talent and interesting licks notwithstanding. Most reggae also bores me to tears.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm really open when it comes to music so I'll listen to mostly anything, but my favorite genres are Rap, Hip Hop, and R&B. I don't really care too much for country music, despite being from the deep south. The stuff just doesn't sound good at all.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • My favorite genres tend to come from the 60s and 70s. Especially soft rock, soul/R&B, progressive rock/psychedelic rock, and brass rock. I also love British Folk/Folk Rock. Classically I really like music from the eras of Baroque, Impressionist, Early Music (Medieval and Renaissance), and um...Classical (you know, Mozart, Haydn, early Beethoven).

A lot of my reasons for liking them comes down to instrumentation. I like a wide variety of instruments, especially woodwinds and brass. I like the hammond organ of the 60s, and the harpsichord. Now, that's not my only reason for liking them. I could go different directions with why I like Folk, progressive/psychedelic rock. Although Folk also sometimes includes fun early music instruments, like crumhorns!

My least favorite genres... Well, according to one coworker, I "don't like anything". You be the judge. =P

I really dislike Country. It's always either one of two things: Irritating as heck, or depressing. I listen to a lot of depressing music, but depressing Country zaps all of the enthusiasm out of me.

Metal, too. I can not stand anything with screaming, that automatically ruins the music for me. Yes, even Folk Metal. I've always found it to be incredibly cheesy. I don't know how, but they manage to suck everything out of Folk Metal that makes Folk so amazing.

80s Pop/Rock is also very low on my list. It's the decade when they really started going overboard with electronic components, IMO. And boy did the 80s go overboard. Even when the songs are less electronic, I usually don't like them. They just have a completely different feel than the two decades before.

Modern pop suffers from some of the same reasons as the 80s. Except unlike the 80s, modern pop isn't typically what I'd call cheesy, it's become so electronic that it's flat out hollow. It's very dry, devoid of anything likable.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I tend to listen to metal, rock, soundtrack, punk rock, and stuff like that. I just like the way it sounds, and the lyrics aren't complete garbage most of the time.

My least favorite would definitely be rap/hip hop. My oldest brother listens to it, and I seriously don't get how people like it. Old school rap I can kind of get, but the stuff of today is so fake and auto-tuned, I can't stand it. I often get a headache if I listen to it for too long.

Years
  • I tend to listen to metal, rock, soundtrack, punk rock, and stuff like that. I just like the way it sounds, and the lyrics aren't complete garbage most of the time.

My least favorite would definitely be rap/hip hop. My oldest brother listens to it, and I seriously don't get how people like it. Old school rap I can kind of get, but the stuff of today is so fake and auto-tuned, I can't stand it. I often get a headache if I listen to it for too long.

I'm going to spam Prozak on your profile now and see how long it takes to change your mind. :)

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • my fav is rock music
    fav band = linkin park ♥

i also like kpop and lots of other things

stuff i don't like is music like nicki minaj, not sure what genre you suppose to give that anyways​

Back