• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FNAF World

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • I really wanted to take a a look at the game for myself but sucks to see that Scott decided to take it down :c

After a rough launch that led to an apology for the incomplete state of the game, Five Nights at Freddy's World has been removed from Steam. FNAF creator Scott Cawthon said in a message that in spite of the relatively positive overall reception the game had received, he "was not satisfied with the reviews and ratings it was getting."

"For that reason, I've decided to remove the game from Steam," Cawthon wrote. "I've also asked Valve to make it so that the game can be refunded regardless of the amount of the time it has been owned, meaning that anyone can get a refund at any time. It may take them a while to set that up, but it will be in place soon."

He repeated his pledge to continue working on the game, and said that once he's ready to release an update, he'll replace the demo on Gamejolt (which also appears to have been removed) with the full game. Once it's re-released, he added, it will be free.

"I appreciate your support, and I encourage you all to refund your Steam game (even if you enjoyed the game), and download the new version when it becomes available on GameJolt," Cawthon wrote. He didn't indicate whether FNAF World will be re-released on Steam as well.

Five Nights at Freddy's World, a cute and colorful adventure-RPG spinoff of the cult-hit horror series Five Nights at Freddy's, was originally scheduled for release in February but went live on Steam last week. It had a "very positive" rating based on aggregated Steam user reviews, but its rough and incomplete state led to a wave of complaints from players, and ultimately an acknowledgment from Cawthon that he had released the game prematurely.

[Source]

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • This is a shame because I was actually enjoying the game quite a bit. :( to the point that idk if I actually want to lose it by refunding it.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • I know. I was saying that I like it and don't want to lose it when I refund it, which I already have and miss it already :(
    Well, that's your fault. If you like a game, then why would you ever get a refund for it?! Your money can probably help out and support the developer, since it gives them the money to keep going and make more games.

Also, this is both unrelated to the thread, but related to what I'm saying, but Playism is releasing all three chapters of the LiEat series soon. While you can actually get these games for free (The only major change to the original, fan-translated versions is the fact that there are Steam achievements and cards), you can support the developer of the series (Miwashiba, or '△○□×') by buying the game. It can probably support him in multiple ways.

.....Okay, that sounded more like a advertisement for the games. Still, play them. And buy them. They seem to be pretty good.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Well, that's your fault. If you like a game, then why would you ever get a refund for it?! Your money can probably help out and support the developer, since it gives them the money to keep going and make more games.

Also, this is both unrelated to the thread, but related to what I'm saying, but Playism is releasing all three chapters of the LiEat series soon. While you can actually get these games for free (The only major change to the original, fan-translated versions is the fact that there are Steam achievements and cards), you can support the developer of the series (Miwashiba, or '△○□×') by buying the game. It can probably support him in multiple ways.

.....Okay, that sounded more like a advertisement for the games. Still, play them. And buy them. They seem to be pretty good.
    This is Scott Cawthon we're talking about. I'm pretty sure him and his family are set for life already on the 4 successful games he released already lol. If there's an option to donate to him or something after they re release FNAF World I certainly will. Til then I bought Black Mesa with the refund so yay!

Back