• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Firered A RebooT [Build 8]

What feature would you like?

• New kinds of battles like inverse

Votes: 45 17.6%
  • Long but Great Sidequests

Votes: 144 56.3%
  • Sevii Overhaul

Votes: 99 38.7%
  • More Pokemon

Votes: 102 39.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
  • Update! Sorry for Double Posting..
    Alpha 1.1 is available:
    Fixed the Game Freezing Bug at the Team Rocket's Hideout!
    Patch is available at the Attachment
    Enjoy the game! Patch it to a clean Firered 1.0 rom and continue using savestate!

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Splash, you still working on the update?
    I don't think I can play the game until 1st June as i still have my assignment sorry

Yes I am currently editing the water route heading to Cinnabar.. If you check the op you will notice the current progress.. I will note everything Im doing there..

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • The current progress of the hack is as smooth as ever.. New features are about to be revealed before the Beta comes out.. Trainer's with Custom EV, IV and Moves will terrorize you to the end.. and while waiting for the Beta here's a little sneak peak at the new trainer sprites that I've added:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • The current progress of the hack is as smooth as ever.. New features are about to be revealed before the Beta comes out.. Trainer's with Custom EV, IV and Moves will terrorize you to the end.. and while waiting for the Beta here's a little sneak peak at the new trainer sprites that I've added:
    Spoiler:
    Nice~ btw are you planing to change the Hero Sprite? please do as the old one will look weird (for me) since you put in new sprites for other trainer

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Nice~ btw are you planing to change the Hero Sprite? please do as the old one will look weird (for me) since you put in new sprites for other trainer

Nahh I'm only planning on changing the trainer sprites of the enemy since I fell in love with the HG/SS Trainer Sprites.. I didn't sleep today because I want to replace all the FR/LG Enemy Sprites haha
    My hack is currently in a stand still after I inserted a few asm and I'm in the middle of implementing them but everything is on track and progress is fast.

Years
  • Well that's good~ btw can you make a love story like for the hero (maybe the girl hero fell for are erika or aqua), that's just an option (and I don't know how to make love story so surprise me)

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Well that's good~ btw can you make a love story like for the hero (maybe the girl hero fell for are erika or aqua), that's just an option (and I don't know how to make love story so surprise me)
    The current alpha already has that with Aqua but It's entirely optional so people who don't like the loveydovey stuff can avoid it..

Also Im currently changing each trainer in the hack after my testers found out that its level curve is a little bit steep..

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Hello.
    I would like to point out that in the Viridian Pokemart for the Oak's Parcel thing, one of the lines says "Oak'S Parcel" with a capital S. Thought I'd point it out since I didn't see anyone else say it though I was being pretty lazy going through the thread.

Btw love the concept and how far I've gotten in this game!

D'aw Tren beta tested this

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Hello.
    I would like to point out that in the Viridian Pokemart for the Oak's Parcel thing, one of the lines says "Oak'S Parcel" with a capital S. Thought I'd point it out since I didn't see anyone else say it though I was being pretty lazy going through the thread.

Btw love the concept and how far I've gotten in this game!

D'aw Tren beta tested this

Thanks for the report! I'm aware of the bug I just keep on forgetting it xD since its a bug from the rom base I'm using anyways I'm gonna fix the minor bugs after I finish the Beta.

And Thanks I'm glad you like the game!

Years
  • The current alpha already has that with Aqua but It's entirely optional so people who don't like the loveydovey stuff can avoid it..

Also Im currently changing each trainer in the hack after my testers found out that its level curve is a little bit steep..
    That is good~ and I didn't know that since I play until 1st Gym (I got little time to play them since last week)

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Major Update
    It's 1:30 am here and I am proud to announce that I have:
    ->Edited All the trainers for the Main Storyline with Custom IV, EV and Movesets You might need to strategize to win haha
    ->Implemented the Hero to Gym Leader Sidequest
    ->Updated all Gym Leaders and most Generic Trainer Sprites
    ->More minor sidequests

The Beta is coming soon guys! Thank you all for waiting!

Some of the screenshots for the upcoming Beta:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Major Update
    It's 1:30 am here and I am proud to announce that I have:
    ->Edited All the trainers for the Main Storyline with Custom IV, EV and Movesets You might need to strategize to win haha
    ->Implemented the Hero to Gym Leader Sidequest
    ->Updated all Gym Leaders and most Generic Trainer Sprites
    ->More minor sidequests

The Beta is coming soon guys! Thank you all for waiting!

Some of the screenshots for the upcoming Beta:
    Spoiler:

Yay~ an update~ now I need time to play them this week :P
    btw for some reason the hero sprites pretty weird as other trainer are different, just saying :D

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つANNOUNCEMENT༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    I've decided to release the Beta on May 6 since I'm 90% finished and the only thing left are a few semi major sidequest that I'm planning on inserting and also a few giveaways to balance the difficulty. I'll start playtesting tomorrow as well to look for bugs ingame.

Let me list what I've done today:
    ->Finished editing all of the Wild Pokemon in Maps
    ->Implemented B/W Repel Routine
    ->X/Y Exp on Capture System
    ->Created Egg Emporium
    ->Finished Atlas' and Aqua's Current Storyline
    and many more

The Beta will end after you beat the Elite Four and the Overhauled Sevii Island will be featured in the Full Game Release. Progress is faster than I anticipated as I have learned more than I had hoped for. Thank you to the R&D Department for teaching me the basics of hacking.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Updated the OP.
    Beta 1 is released.
    Patch to a clean rom.
    Report any bugs not listed in the Bugs Section.
    Enjoy the Game.
    And I'm Gonna sleep haha​

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I'm probably going to take a shot at this hack. Probably after I finish my Nuzlocke.

I'm reading through the documentation, though. I see Huge Power Pinsir.

Pinsir has 125 attack. For reference, Mega Mawile has 100 base attack, and it still got banned to Ubers. Mega Mawile can't even hold an item, but one can put a Choice Band on a Pinsir too.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Pinsir X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 268-316 (63.8 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    Hippowdon has 108/118 defenses. The fact that an invested Pinsir can 2HKO a sturdy invested wall is just appalling.

Yeah, you should change this. Hustle doesn't seem too bad, as Hustle is only a 1.5 boost with a crappy drawback.

Edit: Just noticed Pure Power Ursaring. Was Guts not enough? 130 base attack. Yeah.

Last edited:

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I'm probably going to take a shot at this hauck. Probably after I finish my Nuzlocke.

I'm reading through the documentation, though. I see Huge Power Pinsir.

Pinsir has 125 attack. For reference, Mega Mawile has 100 base attack, and it still got banned to Ubers. Mega Mawile can't even hold an item, but one can put a Choice Band on a Pinsir too.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Pinsir X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 268-316 (63.8 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    Hippowdon has 108/118 defenses. The fact that an invested Pinsir can 2HKO a sturdy invested wall is just appalling.

Yeah, you should change this. Hustle doesn't seem too bad, as Hustle is only a 1.5 boost with a crappy drawback.

Edit: Just noticed Pure Power Ursaring. Was Guts not enough? 130 base attack. Yeah.
    Wow someone noticed those pretty fast haha

Yeah sure I forgot about hustle, I really just want to make pinsir as strong as heracross xD

Edit: Changed Pinsir's Huge Power to Hustle and Removed Ursaring's Pure Power..
    Just consider having those patches as an event or something haha
    Because they're gone now.. New ips is in the OP. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Picked up the game and screwed around for a few minutes.

- The Aqua battle can be completely ignored, and there's a valid reason to ignore it. Level 8 Eevee is a bit much, especially if it's an Adaptability Eevee. STAB 50 power Tackle hurts a lot. I think you should lower the level to around 5 or 6, especially with the fact that she's on the first route.
    - On certain quests, you should label the average level encountered during the quest, so players don't accidentally run into random level spikes. Such as the Big Bro fight. Of course, I won first time by spamming Bubble, but the other two starters don't have equally ranged equivalents.

I'll probably put more thoughts later.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Picked up the game and screwed around for a few minutes.

- The Aqua battle can be completely ignored, and there's a valid reason to ignore it. Level 8 Eevee is a bit much, especially if it's an Adaptability Eevee. STAB 50 power Tackle hurts a lot. I think you should lower the level to around 5 or 6, especially with the fact that she's on the first route.
    - On certain quests, you should label the average level encountered during the quest, so players don't accidentally run into random level spikes. Such as the Big Bro fight. Of course, I won first time by spamming Bubble, but the other two starters don't have equally ranged equivalents.

I'll probably put more thoughts later.

Aqua sidequest is entirely optional if you don't talk to her at route 1 she won't really bother battling you. Oh and her eevee is holding a silk scarf that's why it's tackle hurt

Is the big bro fight that hard? I found it really easy haha I used all the starters and won at lvl 8 similar to aqua. Just.muscle your way to the double battle then use status moves first on the second one and win.

Oh and a quick tip is take the fresh water in pallet town.

Edit: Fixed a bug yesterday when using the EV Center check out OP's Bug Section for more info. New ips is found at the attachment

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back