• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Kiznaiver

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

• Kiznaiver
    The fictional Japanese city named Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land. But as the years go by, the city's population is decreasing. One day, Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira: "You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver." The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his. The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers.

Type: TV
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 9, 2016 to ?
    Premiered: Spring 2016
    Broadcast: Saturdays at 23:30 (JST)
    Producers: Aniplex
    Studios: Trigger
    Source: Original
    Genres: Sci-Fi
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: None

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Hibiku Yamamura as Noriko Sonozaki
    Yuuki Kaji as Katsuhira Agata

Junichi Suwabe as Kazunao Yamada
    Kōtarō Nishiyama as Yoshiharu Hisomu
    Mie Sonozaki as Mutsumi Urushibara
    Misaki Kuno as Nico Niyama
    Nobunaga Shimazaki as Tsuguhito Yuta
    Rina Satou as Honoka Maki
    Tomoaki Maeno as Hajime Tenga
    Yuka Terasaki as Chidori Takashiro

Staff:

Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
    Series Composition: Mari Okada
    Music: Yuuki Hayashi
    Original Character Design: Shirow Miwa
    Character Design: Mai Yoneyama
    Art Director: Masanobu Nomura
    Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama
    Director of Photography:
    Hitoshi Tamura
    Mitsuyoshi Yamamoto

Color design: Osamu Mikasa
    Editing: Hiroshi Okuda
    Sound Effects: Hiromune Kurahashi
    Theme Song Performance: Boom Boom Satellites (OP)

TRAILERS
    Spoiler:

78466l.jpg

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    Trigger's best when Imaishi takes the helm, but Kiznaiver seems like an interesting project, so I'll probably pick it up.

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    Of course not! I don't care how much more important Kiznaiver is to Trigger as a project - you can't fend off Imaishi's genius.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Art style really reminded me of Mekakucity Actors, but honestly its really visually pleasing! Really liked the OP too!

I enjoyed the first episode but hope it follows through with more explanation and plot development - since I was a little confused after I finished it.

Spoiler:

tl;dr setup episode but it has interesting potential.

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    1: Uneven. Not pretentious, but definitely uneven. If there's anything pretentious about it, it's regarding the fanciness of some the camera angles and the artistic design of certain scenes. The script itself is playing with uneven psychological concepts at worst; I too have thought that we would treat each with greater empathy if we could actually feel the pain we incite in one another... But first, we must actively be setting out to incite pain to know we must be taught a lesson in the first place. Plus, I find this concept would be more interesting in regards to emotional pain than physical... but then characters would find out who has a crush on who, and you can't really do that in an Okada anime. Annoyingly, this seems more like an archetype study than an actual simulation of what might happen in such a scenario.

That out of the way, the idea does kind of screw itself over with the "splitting" business. If the pain is split every time, how can you *really* be understanding the normal pain caused by a punch, or a kick, or a... etc. Or, does the "split" only happen when fatal or permanent injuries come into play? That's weak writing, but I think I'll stick around for the sake of the archetype study. After all, if there's one thing Mari Okada's used to at this point, it's definitely character archetypes.

Okada-san, please limit yourself to, uh, less than 5 shows a season. Thanks.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Episode 1 commentary.

Spoiler:

In conclusion, it's like being in a fog of war. No idea where this anime is heading towards, danger or gold.

Years
  • Admittedly I watched this only because I noticed Trigger was involved, and after having been impressed by them before: why not?

...I don't know how I feel about this show so far.
    The whole concept behind it is certainly intriguing, and I think I'm going to watch more just to see how they make sense of it all. I'm definitely hoping it picks up more after this episode, though.

And I really love the art style.

Winter

Years
  • Episode 2 was really intense like wow. Chidori's reveal was quite well done in execution, with foreshadowing in the first episode and the slow buildup of getting through the others' intros. Episode 3 had a lot of comic relief.
    Spoiler:

I really like the OST so far. Especially the ending. Sonozaki's design is also the best.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Enjoying the show so far. Not entirely sure if I'm liking Sonozaki that much, agreeing with Weiss about how it feels like she (or the show itself, I guess) is trying to be edgy in their way of thinking. But the concept is neat and the show seems to have a fun vibe all in all. I'll likely watch to the end~ :)

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    I know, right? Honoka passing it off as a joke just struck as an odd move that I felt was ~sort of~ a missed opportunity. But I'm sure it'll get addressed later so I'm cool with it, I guess.

The character interactions, I agree, are enjoyable. It is fun to watch them do silly stuff and whatnot. But I hope to see the show pick up the actual plot progression sometime soon. Since it hasn't really moved much since the past 2-3 episodes.

Years
  • So I've marathoned 3 of the 4 episodes out at the moment last night, and one character just really rubbed me the wrong way immediately: Sonozaki. Hell, the central concept and its execution rubs me the wrong way. I'm enjoying many of the other character interactions, but those things I mentioned are just agitating.

I'll try to remember to come back with my thoughts after episode 4 (and at the latest, after episode 5 this weekend).

Winter

Years
  • After the sixth episode, I really like this show. I like how each character is slowly getting their own screentime to shine and be fleshed out. Even Sonozaki. My initial complaints about her are starting to dim as she becomes less monotonous. I have quite high hopes for this show's potential to end off spectacularly.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Latest episode was the best episode so far. The art direction, although usually superb for this series, was a highlight. Liked how they dealt with Maki's situation and Katsuhira's dialogue to Sonozaki towards the end definitely seemed like it struck a chord. Yuta was especially cool towards the end there.

LOVED how they blackmailed the reporters. For a hardcore M, Hisomu sure knows some tricks about being an S to other people haha.

The character interactions in this show have been on point so far. All of the characters serve their purpose really well and the large variety in cast helps make it very entertaining. But I'm still waiting for "shit to hit the fan" - I mean, we've got a great setup here with great characters. But the show isn't really doing MUCH with it. I'm okay with this show sticking to how it has been handling things so far - since I've really been enjoying it despite the relative lack of anything that moves the "story" forward - but if this is all this show manages to do with all the potential it has, that'd be a damn shame.

Years
  • Episode 6 was the best episode this season... but I find it harder and harder to enjoy the series simply because most of the actual committee members we are introduced to are just completely unlikeable and don't feel like they have any depth to them. It's like they're just working for a paint by the numbers faceless villainous organization.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • episode 9 ;OOO
    Spoiler:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • oh my god

ep9
    Spoiler:

Dter ic