• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Koutetsujou no Kabaneri

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • We found out a little bit about Mumei this episode, but not much.

Spoiler:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • We found out a little bit about Mumei this episode, but not much.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Winter

Years
  • Well it was crystal clear that Biba is against the Shogun but for what reasons unbeknownst to us. Episode 9 – the climax; revealed so many new things and questions. I was just on edge the entire time.

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

So now we're talking.

Spoiler:

Expecting a good ending after this.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Is anyone still watching this? #10 ramped up the bloodshed and finally
    Spoiler:

To be honest, I was really disappointed in the show and haven't exactly been enjoying it on a weekly basis. But after
    Spoiler:
    this episode, I'm actually kinda looking forward to how the story pans out from now onward. Interesting stuff, definitely.

This series would've been a much better watch if we actually saw Biba's past being focused a little more. As things stand, I can sympathize with him and also hate him at the same time but he's not really a multi-dimensional character. Neither are any of the other characters. I don't really "feel" any weight behind anything any specific character does. Lack of focus hurts it, too.

This is strictly a "watch for the art and the action" series for me. And even then, the action isn't spectacular enough to keep me pumped up week-on-week. OnePunch-Man was an action anime that kept me at the edge of my seat. Nanatsu no Taizai was another that had ridiculous action (or over the top twists) happening each week. This tries to do more but subsequently ends up achieving nothing but a fraction.

Still, episode 10 did manage to get me interested again. Looking forward to how this series wraps up.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • As derozio pointed out, this is a watch for the art and the action show. There isn't much going on apart from that. It also doesn't seem to intend to do anything beyond that, so it's ok for me.

Hopefully we will get more explanations that I expected about Kabanes.

derozio

Years
  • Hopefully we will get more explanations that I expected about Kabanes.
    Definitely not holding my breath for this. It'd be nice to see, sure, but with only one episode left, yeeeeeaaah, I'm not seeing it. Unless we get a Season 2. Which I definitely wouldn't mind at all. Because despite being a series that isn't overly strong on the story and characters, it is still an audiovisual spectacle that I don't mind following weekly at all. :p

That said, the penultimate episode didn't inspire much of a reaction from me other than this:
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT IKOMA IN THAT NEW FORM LOOKS FUCKING BADASS.
    And the animation that accompanied that scene was amazing, too.

Cannot wait to see him kick some major ass in the finale. They were probably reserving some talent for the finale - definitely wanna see them blow all their budget and manpower on a visual spectacle of the highest order haha. But it looks like the series might be heading towards a bittersweet ending.
    Spoiler:

Let's see how that works out.

Winter

Years
  • Wow. The finale left me breathless.
    Spoiler:

Oh and who knew that the
    Spoiler:

Seems like we won't be getting another season... but who knows?

derozio

Years
  • Yeah.. so, a little bit too Hollywood for me, but that's ok.

It was a fun ride anyway.
    True, they went all explosions and shit on us in the end. And then all was well somehow with the villain's change of heart.

Writing definitely wasn't its strong suit. It tanked really hard after decent initial episodes. But it remained a reasonably good looking show with a gorgeous character art style till the end. So yeah, slightly below average overall but I can't say I didn't enjoy it at all either. :b

Back