• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [OOC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [END]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'm not even throwing shade you shit

The abilities don't have to be "surprising", necessarily. Revealing them when the time comes is itself the surprise.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • To be fair, the ability guidelines shouldn't be used as exact rules. As Grelzar said, they should be used more as guidelines, or in case you forget or you're unsure if the semblance is balanced.

Years
  • I do hope this trend catches on and people write more of these ^^

Ask and you shall receive, my Foxy friend.

Salazar Jones

Spoiler:

Oswald Carotene

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
  • Ask and you shall receive, my Foxy friend.

Salazar Jones

Spoiler:

Oswald Carotene

Spoiler:

let me just say that OMG GROOT OZZY HYPE

I really love both semblance scalings! I was particularly interested to see how you'd level Sal's because it's pretty hard to do. If I could suggest any changes is that you should make level 7 stronger! Have Sal gain certain physical features of the enemy, maybe? Aside from that I really did enjoy reading them.

And while we're on the topic of levels, expect a GM post detailing all character level-ups sometime tomorrow (if not today)!

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    do it NAO

That last Salazar level-up is boss tho.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    latest

^Salazar

Foxrally

Years
  • sXsZNHo.gif
    • For completing their first mission, Lauren Baxiao, Grey Platamol and the rest of team LGHT have been leveled up to level 3!
    • For completing their first mission, Archer Ines and the rest of team GAIN have been leveled up to level 3!
    • For completing their first mission, Salazar Jones, Brooke Webster and the rest of team BROS have been leveled up to level 3!
    • As they have joined after the first round of missions, team INCT have all started at level 2!

Congratulations to all the teams! You guys are awesome <3 For now up until the next major event, you have a few choices - you could either return to school and continue writing your teams in class; or you could request a new mission (either made by me or by yourselves, just let me know if you need one); or engage in any other action to develop your personal plot (check with me first if you have any doubts).

I'll be announcing the next event sometime this week! While it won't be effective yet for a while, it'll mostly be for everyone to assess and plan if they want to participate or not (and if they do, what they will do).

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2016
    If sign-ups are still being accepted, here's my application:

Hermes Swiftwing​
    Larus michahellis

The Voyager of the Seas

Name: Hermes Swiftwing

Age (17+): 18 years old

Race (Human or Faunus - include animal if faunus): Seagull Faunus

Personality:

Hermes is a capricious, energetic young man who enjoys pranks and video games. A sly smirk often adorns his face. He gets bored easily, and is constantly looking for interesting things to do. He is boisterous, loud, and chatty when bored, but is careful enough to not be too disruptive.

Although he may not seem like it at times, Hermes is constantly scheming and learning information that he finds fascinating or useful from his surroundings. Nearly no one is safe from his pranks. He would prank other students. He would prank teachers. He would even prank a Grimm!

Although he is quite athletic, Hermes tends to be lazy, idling around whenever possible. He takes at least one nap a day in addition to sleep. He's also a glutton for sour foods, and can eat a lemon without flinching.

Appearance (Image, Written or Both):

Standing at 5'9" tall, Hermes is short for his age. Feathery, messy, pale blond hair frames his lightly tanned face and bright blue eyes. He has long, lean, toned muscles for endurance, often with a bandage or two around a joint from rough-housing. Black and white seagull tail feathers stick out from his back underneath his hoodie. Although he is an eighteen-year-old, he is easily mistaken for a sixteen-year-old due to his inability to grow barely any facial hair along with his baby face.

Hermes enjoys wearing an oversized white and light blue hoodie, and a pair of navy blue shorts flanked with yellow lines to the sides. For shoes, he wears either his pair of white sneakers or his pair of black sneakers. His hands are wrapped in white bandages that expose his fingers that are used as make-shift archery gloves. On some days, he wears a white, short-sleeved, button-up short-sleeved shirt with a black t-shirt underneath instead of his hoodie. Occasionally, he wears a sailor hat from his previous job as a sailor. Because of his choice in clothing, he ends up appearing scrawnier than he actually is.

(I plan to draw and upload an image for Hermes whenever I get a chance to.)

Semblance: Intangibility

Hermes never had a fancy name for his Semblance. If he was ever asked for what his Semblance is, he would just say intangibility. Intangibility turns Hermes into a form of energy that could phase through physical solid objects, but it drains his Aura over time. He could still be affected by energy and magic while in intangible form. As he improves his skills and increases in levels, Hermes may be able to sustain an intangible form for longer periods of time, gain more resistance to energy and magic while in intangible form, and eventually be able to turn other people and other objects intangible and control their tangibility.

Weapon (If Any): The Swiftwing

The Swiftwing is a bow-glider crafted from Vectran fiber for the bowstring and an olive tree branch for the bow, and is enhanced with wind Dust. The bow has wooden shifting parts that could shift it into a glider. Hermes uses the bow-glider to shoot arrows and to glide in the air. Unfortunately, the bow is made of wood, and not made from more technologically advanced material like steel and metal gears. Because of this, the Swiftwing is more fragile than other weapons.

Each arrow accompanying the Swiftwing is made from a variety of woods each adorned with a molted feather from Hermes's wings for the arrows' fletchings. Wind Dust, water Dust, or ice Dust(combination of wind and water Dust) are infused into each feather, and are used for different effects. For example, an arrow enhanced with water Dust shoots a blast of high-pressured water, and an arrow enhanced with wind Dust shoots an intense jet stream He is only specialized in the use of wind and water Dust, and has trouble learning how to imbue other types of Dust into feathers. With enough skill, Hermes could eventually control the tangibility of the arrows.

Roleplay Sample:

This is a roleplay sample from a different website since I haven't roleplayed on here before. My username is PureWater on that website.

www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1761249/5

Extra:

-Used to work as a sailor

-Was originally from the Kingdom of Mistral, but was forced to move to Menagerie

-Loves to eat seafood, sour foods, and bacon pancakes

-Skilled cook

-Bisexual, but prefers males

-Enjoys surfing, swimming, diving, and sailing

-Loves to hang out with seagulls and terns on the beach

-Enjoys traveling, especially across coastal regions and the sea

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years

• giphy.gif

First and foremost, allow me to welcome you to the RPT, Sparrow! Great to see a new member show interest in Dust, I'm very flattered!

Hermes seems like a very interesting character both personality-wise and in terms of his weapon. I'm guessing you mean an avatar-style glider when you say the Swiftwing can shift into one, and I've always been a big sucker for those ;) The feathers' interaction with arrows miiight have to be toned down, or at least, you'll have to list me the elements they can produce (can't have too many!) I do however have a few lore-based changes I need you to make, just for consistency in the RP:

• In this world, bird faunus don't have wings at all. As you can see here with Nel and Mira, bird faunus' animal modifications are basically feather around their body, such as around their neck, wrists, ankles, waist, in their hair, etc. Archer, a human character, has an interesting mechanic in which his weapon is a set of mechanical wings he uses for his semblance, though I wouldn't suggest you do that (at least to keep both characters original). So I need you to omit the wings from his design, sorry :(
    • As detailed in the OP, in this timeline, Faunus have not simply 'moved' to Menagerie. Due to issues surrounding Faunus racism and prejudice, Faunus all around the 4 kingdoms were in fact forcefully booted out of their homes and native countries, and sent to the massive concentration camp which is Menagerie. Menagerie doesn't have any humans in (which makes it a little different from a concentration camp) but is practically a rocky hellhole isolated from the rest of the world, so almost anyone in Menagerie didn't go there willingly - they were booted there.

Assuming that the above changes will be made to the SU, Hermes Swiftwing is accepted!

Now, are you thinking of making your own team of four people, or are you thinking of joining up with another player and write along with them? (There aren't any open players at the moment, but just in case you have someone who hasn't signed up yet joining you). Oh, and do PM me your skype username if you get one! The skype chat is where 90% of Dust discussion happens and it's fairly active, so it's almost a necessity to be in at this point xD

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Just a formal note of resignation on my part. Jaunt and Grelzar should/might be continuing INCT's adventures (lol more like starting) in my stead, but as for me, I'm dropping out. Not liking how time-consuming roleplaying can be and want to trim things down, make it easier for myself.

But seriously, you guys have fun. This RP seemed like a blast and it's a shame I didn't get to write more for it.

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
    Years
  • Yes a shame indeed.

Jk, Disclosed you magnificent beast, I understand and my only problem is that we're probably going to fuck Navar and Tulile UPPPPP

Good night sweet prince

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Yes a shame indeed.

Jk, Disclosed you magnificent beast, I understand and my only problem is that we're probably going to fuck Navar and Tulile UPPPPP

Good night sweet prince

It's never to become, for I am not the one </3

>fuck Navar and Tulile
    umm they're in an A and B relationship
    you're already bad at this

Fare thee well and have some fun~

Foxrally

Years

• It's really a shame to see you go, I was pretty hype for INCT I even made you guys a personalized gif :( but I suppose if you're busy you're busy, and life just likes to papercut us in the eyes sometimes.

Best of luck, and I really do hope Grelzar and Jauntier carry on Tulile and Navar's legacy!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    I'm expressing interest in this RP. However, I'm confused as to how the teams work. Can someone explain?

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • I'm expressing interest in this RP. However, I'm confused as to how the teams work. Can someone explain?

Teams are 4 characters. They can all be player, or one can be player and the other 3 can be made up.
    For example, INCT was a team where 3 people controlled 4 characters and collaborated on the team.
    GAIN is a team with 4 characters all controlled by me.

Teams should spell out a word (preferably a color, but most of us forgot about that). Team names are based of the 1st letter of the characters names (GAIN: Gaige, Archer, Ilexa, Nina). The first letter should represent the leader, (but some of us also forgot that too).

Teams don't need a theme, but they are unchangeable, no new members can be added. If a new member dies, it's a 3 person team.

Foxrally

Years
  • I was going to answer your question, but Khawill seems to have explained it perfectly! My my, such well-researched players we have here :>

So if I were to create and control an entire team, would I have to create applications for all four characters?

Once again, like Khawill said, you don't have to make detailed signups at all for them. Just mentioning the name, gender, semblance and weapon should be just fine - I simply need those for the team list and for balancing purposes.

Looking forward to seeing a character from you!

Back