• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: I don't understand how to add HTML/CSS?

Ganelon

The British Jedi
Years
I looked at this thread and it doesn't properly explain how to make your html code actually work in a thread.

I have a whole thing of HTML (with CSS and scripts) ready to paste in, but when I try it just shows up as plain text. Can anyone tell me what BB tags I have to use and how?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You can't add HTML because HTML is not permitted in posts.

If you're trying to add in CSS in posts, you can use either the
or
tags. You can start writing the code in after the "=".

We do have another CSS helpful guide in Computers & Technology, that's prooobably what you're looking for. I'm also pretty proficient on it as well, so feel free to send me a message if you need help working up some code.

Ganelon

The British Jedi
Years
You can't add HTML because HTML is not permitted in posts.

If you're trying to add in CSS in posts, you can use either the [cd], [css-div] or [div] tags. You can start writing the code in after the "=".

We do have another CSS helpful guide in Computers & Technology, that's prooobably what you're looking for. I'm also pretty proficient on it as well, so feel free to send me a message if you need help working up some code.

If it doesn't allow HTML, I'm probably stuck. I might be able to convert it to BB, but it uses jQuery scripts and I assume those won't work either.

I'll jut have to have an image with a link to an external page that has all the code implemented properly.

Kyoe

working on it
Years
I'm feeling lazy right now, so I'll use some stupidly basic CSS.

Here's the bit of a file for HTML and CSS. (Sorry if it's sloppy, I'm a bit rusty, haha...)
Spoiler:

And here is what you should post when using the BB codes on a forum, such as this.

[div="border:3px solid;text-align:center;font-type:serif;border-color:#00aaff;background-color:#eeeeee;width:550px;height:20px;"]No Frills Example[/div]

And how it looks without noparse tags.

[Css-div="border:3px solid;text-align:center;font-type:serif;border-color:#00aaff;background-color:#eeeeee;width:550px;height:20px;"]No Frills Example[/div]

It's the same exact code, but with a few changes to the syntax.

Back