• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Remastering Project (by TheGuitahHeroe)

TheGuitahHeroe

i make songs with a computer
Years
  • Hey guys!

EDIT: The completed project is out now! Here's a link to the download!: https://www.mediafire.com/download/...geon_Remastering_Project_(Full_Album)_(1).zip

EDIT: And I've moved on to PMD2! Here's the Youtube playlist for PMD2RMP!: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUhoahDxcT8qZeGf_Doq8cm0GYDruq258

After a long hiatus from the world of video game music in which I focused on original work, I've come back with a bang (of sorts)!

Introducing what I call the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Remastering Project! (PMDRMP for short)

I've taken upon the task of remastering (NOT remixing) every single song from the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, Red/Blue Rescue Team. My decision to do this stems from a personal belief that the soundtrack to the game, composed by Arata Iiyoshi and Atsuhiro Ishizuna, should not be limited to a video game's speaker's quality. My goal is to make high-quality remasters for every song in the game and bring each track to life through remastering, and in some cases re-orchestration.

As of right now (12/15/13), I've finished 14 remasters from the game, so I'm about 1/6 of the way done currently. Here are a few tracks I've remastered thus far!

Great Canyon

Sky Tower

Personality Test

Mt. Thunder

For the entire playlist of songs I've remastered, click here!

And for more information on the PMDRMP, check out my Tumblr post here!

Thanks a lot for the support!
    -TheGuitahHeroe

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • As soon as you get the videos to work, I'd really love to hear what you're all about. :3 I was pretty excited to watch them but... yeah, I'll be keeping an eye out.

TheGuitahHeroe

Years
  • As soon as you get the videos to work, I'd really love to hear what you're all about. :3 I was pretty excited to watch them but... yeah, I'll be keeping an eye out.

They work now! :) I didn't know that PC only needed the 'value' section of the URL for youtube videos....

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Oh my god, this is brilliant. I think I'm going to binge listen to all of these. You're really, really good at this! :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oooh this is brilliant! Don't mean to echo Minzy but the word just fits. I love the music straight from the games, but this makes it many times better. You are skilled. Have you done anything like this for PMD2 music as well?

By the way, you are the guy who works with Gav on the Phoenix Rising sountrack, right? :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    As if nobody forgot about this thread...

You can download the first 30 tracks of the PMDRMP here! https://theguitahheroe.bandcamp.com/album/pok-mon-mystery-dungeon-remastering-project-part-i

I sort of went on a hiatus with the project because...well, life. But now I'm gonna start getting back into the swing of it. Sorry for the delay!
    I finally listened. I really love what you did to some of the tunes! Like Escape Through The Snow. It's quite apparent that it's a remastering project rather than a remix project, but that was the point I suppose. I hope you'll continue with PMD2, because those games hold some of my all time favorite pokémon music :3

About the masssssive necroposting above... We'll let it slide since the OP for some reason chose to keep the old thread hehe.

TheGuitahHeroe

Years
  • Back