• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Making notifications automatic?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I was wondering if there was a way of making notifications show up automatically. I mean without having to constantly refresh the page each time. I don't always spend my time on PC, and I end up missing a lot of notifications after about a few days or so. D: Of course, for the members who might hate this idea... maybe have it so it could be optional for those that want it and don't want it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I like the idea, other forums I'm a member of have the automatic system.

Same. On one particular forum I'm on (I won't say the forums name, of course), they have this kind of system as well, but I'm not sure if they run on vB or not.

Edit: Okay, the forum isn't a vB one, but I still think it's something that could be looked into. It might help a lot of those who seem to idle on PC or what not, like I do. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I believe such a feature would be helpful to us when it comes to things such as visitor-messaging, so I'd like to show my support. If we have a conversation page open, we'd be getting each and every message delivered to us as soon as they are posted; not only would this generally save time and energy, but it'd also lend some IM-type vibe to the system overall, which I'm sure a good portion of us are comfortable with?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • ...it literally takes not even a second to refresh the page haha; that and the fact that you're refreshing the page every time you click something.

It would undoubtedly be a nifty feature though. I certainty wouldn't argue against its implementation!

Back