• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X/Y Update Version 1.2

Years
  • http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-xy-1-2-patch-out-now/

A second patch for Pokemon X/Y is now available. Players can bring their game to version 1.2 with the newest update.
    As for what the patch entails, the patch notes mention the following:
    - Fixes an occasional bug causing Pokémon not to learn new moves after evolving through Wonder Trade.
    - Fixes an occasional bug where certain captions for Trainer PR Videos were not unlocked in Lumiose City.
    - Updates an Internet communication issue.
    - Includes previous update (Ver. 1.1)
    Nintendo released Pokemon X/Y's first patch in October. That one corrected a game-breaking save bug found within Lumiose City.

Along with this update, Instacheck and Battle Analyzer have also been patched.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I downloaded the update, but I didn't like how the update was needed for X/Y to connect to the Internet. D:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I also didn't like how they require the update before you are allowed to connect to teh Internet. I initially didn't download the patch because the first one was MASSIVE (I think 399 blocks? I can't remember) but this one is 232 blocks so while not tiny, it's still more reasonable than the first one, and has all the benefits of the first one as well so I was less resistant to download this one.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Do the updates patch the actual game cartridge, or just my 3DS?

Its on your 3DS, saved to the SD card and the game reads it from there so while you're playing its updated. All extra data is read from two areas, one from the game and the other from the SD card.

Also meaning if you change 3DS's you'd have to repatch the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Its on your 3DS, saved to the SD card and the game reads it from there so while you're playing its updated. All extra data is read from two areas, one from the game and the other from the SD card.

Also meaning if you change 3DS's you'd have to repatch the game.

not exactly. if you are just temporarily using another 3ds and they didn't get the patch, then yes you would need to download again. but, if you're migrating from one 3ds to another, then you would just do the normal procedure of migrating, then take your sd card out of your current 3ds and put it in your new one and the patch would still be there

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    Ah, I absolutely love that GF is stepping up, and doing something about this. And for those of you who can't grasp why this is a good thing (shiny-wise at least), and have an argument along the lines of, "Why is it even a big deal that people wanted to spend less time getting a change of pixel shade?" I'll give you an example, but before that I'd like to state that shiny pokes are meant to be a rare occurrence.

This is like telling your boss at work, "Oh, I don't like working long hours everyday." (Not willing to put in long hours for the shiny) "How about I just work an hour a week, and you just send me a paycheck of 10 grand at the end of the week." (Getting an extraordinary reward, the shiny, for little effort using Instacheck)

Just because they slabbed on some black to the color palate, a simple design change, does not equal simple acquirement. GF implemented shiny's intending for them to be rare (Gen II first introduced shiny pokes with the rate at 1/8192, and idk about you but that's pretty rare to me), and because of that, it is not just as insignificant as, "just a color change" your preconceived notions have you believe it to be.

And before someone brings up "Oh, I was able to get an extraordinary reward for little effort, when I Masuda Method up a shiny in 7 eggs." Well, that's great and you deserve it; the MM is really the luck of the draw. I have no problems with people playing that game as its intended to be played, and not creating/using a program to exploit it's mechanics.

And also before someone brings up "Oh, its just a game, does a color palate change really matter that much?" You're right it is just a game, and because its just a game does it really matter for you to have a shiny at all? Let the people who are willing to put in the effort, through methods/mechanics that are actually just in the game, hunt for shiny's and be rewarded.

And lastly, I obviously do not believe a shiny is worth 10 grand lol. Its just a detail to get the point across.

/rant

I hope GF will continue to update with patches when people decide to exploit the game again, and they will *sigh*. -_-

TL;DR: If you actually want a shinysuck it up, and get one the way the game intended: with methods/mechanics found in the game. Gen VI has made it, by far, the easiest generation to obtain a shiny with, afaik, greater chance on all methods. There are many ways, easy ones at that, to get one. I have obtained several, +20, shiny's through legitimate means (meaning not Instacheck or any outside program). Even competitively viable ones (Hatched about 5 with 4-5 flawless IVs). So stop complaining, and go for it.

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • I also didn't like how they require the update before you are allowed to connect to teh Internet. I initially didn't download the patch because the first one was MASSIVE (I think 399 blocks? I can't remember) but this one is 232 blocks so while not tiny, it's still more reasonable than the first one, and has all the benefits of the first one as well so I was less resistant to download this one.

Err, if you didn't have to download the update to connect to the internet, your game wouldn't understand the data it recieves, because it's now encrypted. The entire point of the patch was to encrypt the data being send to/from the 3DS so that people can't cheat using Instacheck/Battle Analyser anymore.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Err, if you didn't have to download the update to connect to the internet, your game wouldn't understand the data it recieves, because it's now encrypted. The entire point of the patch was to encrypt the data being send to/from the 3DS so that people can't cheat using Instacheck/Battle Analyser anymore.

Really? That's great news! I had no idea what this update did until reading this post xD.

Years
  • R.I.P. Instacheck and Battle Analyzer, they lived for a short time but they will long be forgotten. Unless someone uses Max revive on them and then we are screwed O_O

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • I can't seem to get it, well I get it I think... I go though the downloading procedure, it tells me that I don't need to repair my game but I continue the download, after I download it I don't have it on the SD card, and my game is not updated, help please.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I can't seem to get it, well I get it I think... I go though the downloading procedure, it tells me that I don't need to repair my game but I continue the download, after I download it I don't have it on the SD card, and my game is not updated, help please.

How are you donwloading it? You don't do it in game, you go onto the eStore and download it there (it's a separate file from Pokemon X and Y game). It won't show up in your downloaded data, but when you start the game on the lower screen it will say what version it is right at the File Load screen.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm trying to get the patch on eshop, but there's no download button and instead a "To Update Screen" button. I tapped it and asked me for my zip code and other things, making me believe that I'm suppose to have a Nintendo Network ID in order to download the patch, but I haven't transferred my ID from my Wii U to my 3DS yet.

Back