• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Fire Starter?

Which Fire type Starter?

• Charmander

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 18 18.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • As the title says. In gaming history of Pokemon we got 6 generations with 6 different starter packs. I want to talk about my favorite type of starters- Fire. I know there are lovers of fire type Pokemon and they always choose fire types on their adventures. But if there was a game which consists all of the Pokemon starters to choose, which fire type starter would you choose and why? Which one is your favorite?

My personal favorite is Charmander. I know this Pokemon is a bit overrated, but I can't help but feel how awesome this starter and it's final evolution are. He's in my top 10 of favorite Pokemon of all time.

Years
  • My fave is actually a tie between Chimchar and Fennekin, but the vote went to Chimchar because I'm a monkey in the Chinese Zodiac and has always been my go-to Sinnoh starter, marking a rare time my most-used starter isn't the Water-type of the region.

Fennekin is really cute as well (plus she's associated a lot with Serena who's one of the biggest cuties to emerge from X & Y) and so is Tepig and Cyndaquil.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    If you had asked this before X & Y I would have said Cyndaquil. I've always had a soft spot for it.
    These days though my favorite is Fennekin! It's adorable, and I love the whole magic theme it has going once it evolves.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I usually don't pick Fire Starters, the only ones I've picked being Cyndaquil and Fennekin. I love them both, but in the end I voted for Fennekin. I've always wanted to see a fennec fox Pokemon so I was really happy to finally see one in Gen 6. Plus, he is just adorable!

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    I'm gonna go ahead and say Typhlosion because it's the only Fire-type starter that doesn't have two types. Not that I mind multiple types per se, but I don't really like Charizard's typing and I've grown to loathe that wretched Fire-Fighting combo.

Delphox has a pretty cool typing, but I'm still going to stick with Typhlosion.

Years
  • Definitely Cyndaquil!
    I absolutely adore the whole evolution line. Now that I think about it, it's probably my favourite starter in general.

(Fennekin is super cute, too, but I was really hoping for a quadruped evolution....)

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • While I'm not as fond of its evolutions as I used to be (though I don't dislike them by any means), I still find Torchic to be really cute and huggable; it was pretty high on my list of favorite Pokemon when I was younger, and I have a bit of a soft spot for baby bird chicks in general. It was also my favorite player choice in PMD: Red/Blue for a long while, before I started switching it up more often. The second favorite Fire starter would probably be Fennekin for me, mainly because I started liking it a little more after Braixen was revealed.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I've never really been fond of most of the fire-types, but if I absolutely had to choose one, it'd have to be Charmander based on how cute it is alone! Cyndaquil comes at a very close second, while the others I don't really feel any fondness towards, except maybe Fennekin to a degree.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Charmander (CHARMander lol) has to be first with Cyndaquil almost there. And then... Fenn...

Years
  • I think Cyndaquil would be my pick. Typhlosion is really strong and cool to use, even if its moves aren't that great. Tepig I do kind of feel sorry for, Charmander is overhyped, Torchic is probably second for me, Chimchar is seriously overused, and Fennekin I do like but sadly I haven't had many chances to use at all.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Tepig for me. It deserves more respect and is the cutest of the three unovian starters. While I admit Serperior is better competitively, Emboar is my favourite Pokemon to use.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Gotta give props to the Cyndaquil line for being the only pure Fire line. I like the others too, but I've used Torchic and Chimchar wayyy too many times.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    When it comes down to it I have to say Torchic. I really fell in love with that starter and used it through so many playthroughs. Not to mention of how usable it is. I loved it the moment I saw it too hehehehe

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Fennekin is literally the only fire starter I've picked for a first playthrough of a new gen. I picked it initially because I thought it was adorable, but I ended up liking the evolution line more than other fire starters overall.

Sirfetch’d

Torchic is my favorite starter ever so naturally it wins here! It's just so cute and fun to use. Not to mention it evolves into Blaziken who is arguably the strongest fully evolved starter.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • For me, I chose Fennekin as my favorite fire starter. I didn't like it's evolution designs at first but it later grew on me as I played through the game. I even went as far as to breed myself a shiny fennekin to use in online battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't really like most fire starters, but Torchic always stood out to me. It's got a great design that is both simple and complex. It's final form Blaziken is quick and powerful and can learn great physical moves. I haven't used it's mega evolution yet, but it looks like it could be a great addition to any team with it's speed boost ability.

Back