• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my UU team?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    So today i was planning on making a complete new team.
    And since i actually like to kick some OU ass with UU
    This (mostly tanking) team is what i came up with so far:

Ambipom @ Life orb
    Technician
    252ATK/252/SPE/4HP > Jolly
    - Fake Out
    - U-turn
    - Low Kick
    - Return

So basicly this is my lead. Off course the fake out to start with to get some free damage, and then use the U-Turn so get my lead out of there again! By far the most seen lead in UU it pretty much comes down to a speed-tie. So a pretty solid and reliable lead if i would say. Nevertheless is the speedy ambipom perfect when 1 of my other mons die.. since i can bring in this little fluffy mon in again to again FO+UT combo out again getting free damage on the opponent!
    The most cunnign feature of this sneaky fluf is his U-turn into Xatu as a lead since Xatu's Magic bounce simple swings the opponents hazards back at him, either forcing a switch out or attack (<in both cases xatu switches out again)

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Download
    252HP/252SPA/4DEF > Modest
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Discharge/Charge Beam
    - Recover

Pretty much my annoying-tank if i can call it that? Since the defensive stats get a boost form the eviolite, and with 252HP and recover it takes a while to kill if used right. Decent amount of special damage with elemtal coverage.
    Not completely sure on the charge beam though.. It gives a +1SPA a decent amount of time, but the weak base power and <100% accuracy makes it a bit unreliable. On the other hand would a DrifSUB of 110HP give me some time to get 1 or 2 chargebeams.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Marvel Scale
    252DEF/248HP/8SPE > Bold
    - Surf/Scald
    - Hidden Power (grass)
    - Recover
    - Icebeam

same set-up idea with porygon2, keep hittting the opponent while they try to kill you but having a hard time actually doing so!
    Mainly going for Scald>Surf for the hax

Xatu @ Leftovers
    Magic Bounce
    252HP/252SPD/4SPE > Careful
    - Roost
    - Thunder Wave
    - U-Turn
    - Psychic

My main annoyer, gets switcht in most of the time thanks to Ambipoms lead so i can magic bounce the incoming hazards. and para-haxing opponents while roosting/u-turning. Psychic just to make it not completely useless when its last-man-standing and getting the STAB onto poison pokemon + magic bounce to pretty much clear some toxics off the field.

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
    Guts
    252ATK/252SPE/4HP > Jolly
    - Facade
    - Close Combat
    - Night Slash/Crunch
    - Swords Dance/protect

My bulldozing monster, getting the SD/protect up in first turn so flame orb can activate giving my attack a major boost and sweeping more then one pokemon with STAB facade wich will do a hell of a lot dmg.
    Simply add CC and dark move for the coverage if opponent mon walls facade even after the attack boost like rhyperior or any ghost type.

So this is pretty much i came up with; all UU pokemon. Did this in 20mins or so (so didnt put ALOT of time into it) and still looking for a sixth pokemon to fill-up.
    Any ideas or suggestions? Please respond! :D

So.. After alot of researching and trying diffrent 6th slot fillers i think i might have come up with something decent!

Drifblim @ Leftovers
    Aftermath
    252DEF/252SPD/4HP > Bold
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind

A Batonpassing wall/tank. BP a substitute of 110HP to either of my 3 sweepers (ursa,pory,milo) and giving the 2 special sweepers a CM or 2 with that, this Drifblim could cause chaos by simply supporting. Shadowball STAB for filler-up move because it would be useless without an attack and last man standing

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I see Milotic as more of a defensive Pokemon, so to provide more support for the team, it can use Toxic to screw over walls or Dragon Tail/Haze to wipe out stat boosts (the former is also able to force a switch).

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    Guessing if thats your only advice

My team is pretty decent build in 20 mins? :P

Years
  • Unfortunately, something is wrong with Xatu. Careful nature.

Get a Timid or Modest one instead cos its two highest stats are Sp. Atk (beneficial with Modest) and Speed (beneficial with Timid).

I know that Adamant/Jolly/Careful/Impish natures are bad for most Psychic-types as most Psychics tend to have high Special Attack so you want a nature that doesn't hinder its Special-based attacks. Timid and Modest are the way to go when it comes to most Psychic-types.

Also, get rid of U-turn as Xatu is a Special attacker. I'd recommend Shadow Ball for countering Ghosts as well as other Psychics.

Everything else is looking good.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Unfortunately, something is wrong with Xatu. Careful nature.

Get a Timid or Modest one instead cos its two highest stats are Sp. Atk (beneficial with Modest) and Speed (beneficial with Timid).

I know that Adamant/Jolly/Careful/Impish natures are bad for most Psychic-types as most Psychics tend to have high Special Attack so you want a nature that doesn't hinder its Special-based attacks. Timid and Modest are the way to go when it comes to most Psychic-types.

Also, get rid of U-turn as Xatu is a Special attacker. I'd recommend Shadow Ball for countering Ghosts as well as other Psychics.

Everything else is looking good.
    The reason why Xatu is currently using a bulky spread and a support set is to make the most out of its new ability, Magic Bounce.

Back