• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Character Challenge.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Username:nupa
    Character/Person/Group: Rin, Blue Exorcist
    Game(s): Diamond
    Team:
    Infernape, Represents the fights he gets in, along with his flames.
    Rapidash (Shiny), Represents Satan's power.
    Gallade (Swords)
    Snorlax (Sleeping and Food Habits)
    Blissey (Regenerating)
    Umbreon (His Darkness)
    Requirements:
    Snorlax must be used at night.
    Blissey must be used if a pokemon is in the red.
    Umbreon can only be used in serious and formal battles.
    Gallade can only be used after I get Rapidash.
    Gallade must be used in double battles along with rapidash.
    Infernape has to be first in the team.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • First post updated once again. We need some more updates in here, I'd love to see how everyone's challenges are going.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Username: Joshyv
    Character/Person/Group (Please say what they are from if they are part of a series): Goku (Dragonball)
    Games: Ruby
    Team: Torchic(Blazeiken/Gohan) Shroomish(Breloom/piccolo) Makuhita
    (Hariyama/Vegata)
    Requirements:
    The names after the pokemon are the other characters and what im going to name them.
    Goku is a fighter but a one who is pure of heart and will defend his friends to DEATH. and if they die he will heal them

shady_pete

fier
    Years
  • hi sorry its so late had to wait till payday to get a new charger but heres my first update:

• started my adventure called myself doctor
    • had to pick a starter so why not snivy
    • with snivy i beat down both bianca and cheren
    • at the first oportunatey i got i went out into the wild and caught myself a lvl 5 absol to replace snivy
    • got to the first town you come across listened to team plasmas ideals and easily K.O.'d N's pokemon no problem.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Hai, I would like to sign up to DESTROY ALL GAMERS!!!! be awesome.

Username: Samurott01
    Name: Jacob
    Character/Person/Group: The Z Fighters (DB/DBZ/DBGT)
    Game: LeafGreen
    Team:
    Charizard (Piccolo, first one to fly)
    Primeape (Vegeta, with his anger and buffness)
    Snorlax (Goku, with his extreme appetite)
    Kabutops (Yamcha, with his, well, uhhhhhhhhh...... OH YEAH! SWORD!)
    Alakazam (Gohan, with his intelligence)
    Medicham (Frieza, with her his fighting abilities and psychic powers)

Rules:
    All:
    As the TV shows/movies/games are strictly fighting, everyone must know a fighting move.
    Vegeta:
    Primeape must know Focus Energy for its SSJ transformations (sry for the copycat joshyv)
    Primeape cannot be switched in when a fellow teammate is dying; Vegeta would never do that.
    Primeape can never run (or switch out) from a battle, it would hurt his pride.
    Piccolo:
    As Piccolo was the first one to fly, Charizard mas be the only one with Fly.
    Because Piccolo knows the Special Beam Cannon, Charizard must know a beam move (actually has to have "Beam" in the name)
    Goku: Because Goku would sacrifice himself to save his friends, he has to be switched in if a teammate is in the red. (He would just wall it, anyway) (unless he is dead)
    If a teammate dies, Snorlax must be switched in for revenge, as Goku would never forgive someone who killed his friend.
    Once I beat the sixth gym, I must hack in a Lv. 5 Snorlax and box the older one; this represents Goku being turned BACK into a child.
    After I beat the last gym, I must take the older Snorlax out.
    Yamcha:
    As Yamcha has a sword, Kabutops must know Slash.
    Kabutops must be placed at the first slot in the party, as Yamcha would be the first to rush into a battle.
    Gohan:
    If Alakazam fights a fully evolved Pokemon (Pokemon that don't evolve don't count), he must switch out to represent his timidness in the beginning of DBZ.
    To represent Gohan's intelligence, Alakazam must have Calm Mind.
    Frieza:
    To represent Frieza's evil, Medicham must know AT LEAST one Dark-type move.
    To represent Frieza's transformations, Medicham must know Bulk Up.

Hope to begin right away.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2012
    Username: TheBlackGuy
    Character: Takashi Komuro (Highschool of the dead)
    Game: Leaf green
    Pokemon:
    Pikachu: The leader of the group
    Slowbro: Lazy attitude before outbreak
    Pidgeot: Loyalty to group
    Charmeleon: Fighting side
    Gyarados: The destructive nature when in combat
    Machamp: Strength of Takashi
    Requiremnts: Pikachu must always be at the front of the party at all times, will always be involved in double battles and must have a bashful nature because Takashi uses a baseball bat.
    Slowbro has to know rest due to takashis laziness and will always be at the back ofthe party.
    Pidgeot will have to know fly represent him carrying his team around and it will be switched if a an other pokemon is in the red health to show his loyalty.
    Charmeleon will be sent out in tough fights to show when Takashi gets serious, Charmeleon will need all physical moves to show Takashis baseball bat.
    Gyarados will be sent out when Charmeleon has fainted or badly injured to represent his destructive nature when something goes wrong, also needs to know all physical moves.
    Machamp is the heart of the team so machamp will always be in the middle of the party, Machamp will need to know strength to represent the usefulness of Takashi strength.
    All pokemon must be male with bashful natures.

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Username: TheBlackGuy
    Character: Takashi Komuro (Highschool of the dead)
    Game: Leaf green
    Pokemon:
    Pikachu: The leader of the group
    Slowbro: Lazy attitude before outbreak
    Pidgeot: Loyalty to group
    Charmeleon: Fighting side
    Gyarados: The destructive nature when in combat
    Machamp: Strength of Takashi

You need requirements according to the form.

Colourful

Lolcat-Trainer, srsly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    Dave Grohl's Pokemon Adventure!

Oh boy, this looks awesome! Sing me up :D

Username: Colourful
    Character: Dave Grohl (Leadsinger for the famous band 'Foo Fighters')
    Game: Emerald
    Team:

The Character Challenge.
    - Dave's type of music is Hard-Rock which is a very loud, explosive kind of music, so Exploud is a perfect match.

The Character Challenge.
    - Altaria has a wonderful soprano-voice and is a flying-type Pokemon, also one of Dave's current Bands is called 'Them Crooked Vultures' so a somewhat vulture-like Pokemon is required.

The Character Challenge.
    - A band Dave played the drums in was called 'Queens of the Stone Age'. Relicanth is a stone-type Pokemon and 100 million years old.

The Character Challenge.
    - Dave's most famous project are the 'Foo Fighters', so a fighting-type Pokemon like Hariyama makes sense. Also Dave played the drums in the bands 'Nirvana' and 'Queens Of The Stone Age' and since Hariyama will learn the move 'Belly Drum' it fits him perfectly.

The Character Challenge.
    - Dave Grohl is a gifted musician and so he will keep his starter as a symbol for this 'gift'. He will chose Blaziken, because Blaziken is brave and passionate and that's what his music is all about!

The Character Challenge.
    - Finally Manectric, because Dave needs electricity so he can always amplify his electric guitar! :D

Requirements:

1) Dave Grohl is a musician, so every pokemon has to know at least one sound-based attack like Growl, Howl, Belly Drum, Sing, etc. at all times after it has initially learned such a move. Furthermore one of these attacks has to be used in every trainer battle before other moves can be used.
    2) Dave Grohl dislikes people not being themselves and hiding their real personality, therefore he will not use Technical Machines on his Pokemon!
    3) Dave Grohl's friend (and the singer of his first band Nirvana) Curt Cobain, died of drug abuse, therefore Dave will never use Rare Candies, in-fight items like X-Attack or stat-boosting things like Protein/Carbon on his Pokemon.
    4) Dave Grohl is not a friend of spending money on useless things as indicated by the fact, that the Foo Fighters recorded their last award-winning record in his garage instead of going to an expensive studio. Therefore he will never buy items that cost more than 1.000 Poké-Dollars.

I'm starting right now! :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    Looks like this will be interesting, btw this'll be my first challenge :)

Username: Pumpking
    Character/Person/Group: Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
    Game(s): Fire Red, Heart Gold, Ruby, Diamond, White (yeah, I'll take on the ultimate challange, and it's in character too, since the reasoning behind Fairy Tail was an eternal mystery, an eternal adventure)
    Team: Charizard, Dragonite, Blaziken, Salamence, Jolteon, Ampharos
    Requirements:
    All pokemon must be available in gen 3, so that I can use them in every game.
    Natsu is a Fire Dragon Slayer mage, and Charizard was designed after dragons and is a fire type.
    Dragonite is because Dragon Slayer magic is magic that let's you use dragons techniques, so Dragon Slayer's are people with powers of dragons. Same reasoning with Salamence.
    Blaziken is because Natsu's basic fighting style is to wrap fire on his hands and legs and fight with punches and kicks.
    Jolteon and Ampharos is because he later gets the power of Lightning too.

All pokemon must be obtained before Gym 1.

Natsu doesn't use healing items, so no potions, revives or the like. He once uses equipment (a sword) so I'll still use items meant for a pokemon to hold.
    The pokemon's I use must know at least 2 types of attacks within Fire, Dragon, Electric or Fight (like Flamethrower and Low Kick or Thunder and Fire Blast) as soon as possible. It's fine to use Normal attacks, but no Bug, Dark, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel or Water types.
    But even if Normal attacks are fine, they dont count on the rule of at least 2 out of the pokemon's attacks has to be Fire, Dragon, Electric or Fighting Type.

Also, for a little added difficulty I'll be at least 2 levels below the next big opponent (Gym Leader, Rival, E4, Team Leader and Admins). That's because Natsu often fight's against people stronger then him.
    Since this can easily be broken mistakenly, it's fine to hack to stop experience growth, right?

I just realized that I'll die against E4 from my own rules -_- (but whatever)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2012
    Here's my entry form
    Spoiler:

Colourful

Lolcat-Trainer, srsly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    My Character Challenge Update

Hi guys,
    I just want to give you an update on how my Dave Grohl-Challenge is going ^.^

Well I've had some time this weekend and so I was just right now able to beat the Elite 4 after numerous tries. Here's how it went:

Sidney
    Mightyena - Hariyama/Belly Drum/Strength
    Shiftry - Blaziken/Blaze Kick
    Cacturne - Blaziken/Blaze Kick
    Crawdaunt - Manectric/Spark
    Absol - Manectric/Thunder

Phoebe
    Dusclops - Blaziken/Growl/Blaze Kick
    Banette - Manectric/Bite
    Dusclops - Blaziken/Blaze Kick
    Banette - Manectric/Bite
    Zobiris - Manectric/Thunder

Glacia
    Sealeo - Manectric/Howl/Thunder
    Glalie - Relicanth/Ancient Power
    Glalie - Relicanth/Ancient Power
    Sealeo - Exploud/Stopm/Hyper Beam
    Walrein - Manectric/Thunder

Drake
    Shelgon - Altaria/Perish Song/Dragonbreath
    Altaria - Manectric/Thunder
    Flygon - Altaria/Dragon Breath
    Kingdra - Exploud/Stomp/Hyper Beam
    Salamence- Exploud/Stomp/Rest/Sleep Talk/Sleep Talk

Wallace
    Wailord - Manectric/Thunder
    Gyarados - Manectric/Thunder
    Whiscash - Exploud/Stomp/Stomp/Hyper Beam
    Tentacruel - Manectric/Spark/Spark
    Milotic - Manectric/Thunder
    Ludicolo - Blaziken/Blaze Kick/Blaze Kick

Here are some pictures:
    The Character Challenge.
    The Character Challenge.
    The Character Challenge.

Notice that the game-time is a bit off, since I went afk a lot during this run :P Real playtime is prolly at about 20h =)
    So yeah, I'll be just training my pokemon from now on to face Steven asap, but I won't be able to play again until next week, so that's why I probably won't update again soon.

Years
  • Been wanting to try this for a while, but now feels like a good time to actually do it

Username:
    Character/Person/Group:The 12 Leaf Shenobi from the tunin exams in the Naruto Anime
    Game(s):FR-SS-E-Pt-B
    Team:(some will be 4th gen, and as such will only be used in SS-PT-B(but not definately)
    Naruto-Ninetails-Naruto contains the spirit of the Nine tailed fox
    Sasuke-Houndoom-Sasuke has darkened in his pursuit of power and revenge,whilst having a preference for fire style jutsu
    Sakura-Miltank-Hits Hard and has a lot o healing moves.
    Kiba-Jolteon-Kiba is a dog master and Jolteon seemed to connect with Kiba more then any other dog pokemon.
    Shino-Vespiquen-Ignoring gender this is perfect for shino who attacks using his bugs.
    Hinata-Lopunny-Hinata is defensive, using her jutsu defensively.
    Choji-Snorlax-Choji uses his size to fight and loves food, just like Snorlax.
    Shikamaru-Dusclops/Dusknoir-Attacks using the shadows and is intellegent.
    Ino-Gardevoir-Both attack with there mind.
    Neji-Medicham-Uses chakra and palms as an offence.
    Rock Lee-Hitmonlee-Lee uses his legs as his main weapon.
    Tenten-Zangoose-Both use weapons and slashing attacks.
    Requirements:
    Naruto-Must have Overheat as soon as available-this demonstrates the rage Naruto has to be in to use the Foxes Chakra.
    Sasuke-Must have Faint Attack or Dark Pulse (representing his dark side), and a Special Fire Attack in its move set as soon as possible. The Fire Attack can only be swapped for another Fire Attack. This represents his development off his fire style Jutsu.
    Sakura-Moveset MUST include Heal Bell and Focus Punch. This demonstrates her healing capabilities as a medical ninja and her damaging capabilities as a shenobi.
    Kiba-Must know atleast ONE fanged attack at all times (Bite,Crunch,Poison Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang).
    Shino-Must keep heal order, defend order and attack order when they are learnt.This is because of Shino's ability to attack with bugs.
    Hinata-Moveset must contain atleast 2 of the following:Magic Coat, Mirror Coat, Protect, Foresight. This is due to the defensive nature of Hinata's Jutsu.
    Choji-In Gen 3 it must know Roll Out, as in Part 1 of the Naruto anime Choji grows and rolls around to attack. In gen 4 it must know either Rollout and Crunch or Body Slam and Lick. This represents Choji enjoying his food and using his size as a weapon. Gen 5 is as Gen 4 but he must also learn Heavy Slam. This represents Choji learning to perfect his Jutsu.
    Shikamaru-Must always know Shadow Sneak or Shadow Punch as Shikamaru's main offence is attacking via the shadows. Must also have atleast one status or stat boosting move, as Shikamaru is all about strategy.
    Ino-Must have Calm Mind as part of its move set as Ino uses a mind Jutsu.
    Neji-Must have Force Palm and Mind Reader in its moveset as Neji attacks using gentle palm jutsu and uses his eyes (Bakugan) to see the weak points in his opponent.
    Lee-Must know Rolling Kick and Close Combat as Lee's two signature moves are the leaf tornado (resembles Rolling Kick) and Primary Lotus ( an attack which weakens Lee).
    Tenten-Must know Swords Dance and a move with the word Cut, Scratch or Slash in. This is due to Tenten's Speciality in weaponary.

My for Leafgreen are
    Naruto
    Shikamaru
    Lee
    Sasuke
    Choji
    Sakura

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • Whats up

Username:Aquarius1997

Character/Person/Group (Please say what they are from if they are part of a series):Avatar Gang(Avatar the last airbender)

Game(s):Heartgold ( virtuous group except Zuko=heart of gold

Team:Togekiss?????? Milotic?????? Slaking?????? Golem?????? Houndoom??????

Requirements:
    - since Aang is so mellow until he gets mad enough Togekiss will not be able to inflict damage until it is at the orange zone
    - katara is a healer/attacker so milotic moveset is half recovery/half attacking
    - sokka is lazy and funny lookin so tats why slaking was chosen and every two turns he has to use slack off
    -toph is a strong solid earthbender perfect for golem since toph has to wait and analze her opponent(cause shes blind) golem will be stuck with a iron tail
    - zuko was an enemy at first so when i first get houndoor i will lower his happiness to zero and then try to rebuild it

Sorry for submiting so late?????? im a new pc family member

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2014
    Spoiler:

Anyway.

Username: Arcoz
    Character/Person/Group (Please say what they are from if they are part of a series): Tōshirō Hitsugaya (Bleach)
    Game(s): Emerald
    Team: Glalie, Delibird, Walrein, Sneasel, Dragonite, Salamence
    Requirements: Tōshirō Hitsugaya's Shikai and Bankai are ice type attacks, his Bankai gives him wings that are like a dragons and he is a Shinigami, Death God, so that's like death and dark. He is also small. Glalie, Delibird, Walrein and Sneasel are ice types (Shikai and Bankai). Dragonite and Salamence are dragon types (to do with his Bankai) and Sneasel is dark (to do with the death part of Shinigami).

Years
  • Mission 1: Defeat Brock from the Village Hidden in the Rocks
    -Started a new game, called myself Hogaki and my Rival Orochim, as Orochimaru wouldn't fit :(.
    -Chose Bulbasaur as we are from the Hidden Leaf Village, so a grass type seemed appropriate.
    -Hacked in my team at there lowest form, and gave myself the national dex so everyone can evolve.
    -Did story stuff.
    -Went through Viridian Forest.
    -Back tracked to stop Orochimaru from infiltrating the Pokemon League.
    -Mastered everyone to level 7.
    -Went to take down the Pewter City Gym.
    -Defeated it's leader, Brock, using Rock Lee's Revenge on Geodude and Onix. Was rewarded with the Rock Tomb Jutsu (TM) and Boulder Badge.

TEAM REPORT
    KEY
    *-Rule Achieved
    Spoiler:

Colourful

Lolcat-Trainer, srsly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    DONE!

Ok guys, I've just completed my Character Challenge going as Dave Grohl in Pokemon Emerald! :D

After having beaten up the Elite 4, all that was left to do for me was to face Steven Stone and crush him in one final epic battle, I just did that hehe.

The Fight:
    Spoiler:

The Team:
    Spoiler:

Allright, this was awesome! Great challenge :D
    @InfernoRouge: I'd be glad if you could add me to the list of champions for this challenge :)

Years
  • Username: Lilienne

Character: Misaka Mikoto - The Railgun (Toaru Majutsu no Index/Toaru Kagaku no Railgun)

Game: Pokemon Ruby - Chosen to reflect her rather enduring and passionate spirit, as described in Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. She literally worked her way to the point she's at now. It was going to be FireRed, but partway through playing, it won't let me evolve anything until I get the National Dex, making it a moot point. So I used something else red.

Team: Magneton - First choice being the reflection of one of her abilities, which is to use magnetism to lift herself off the ground and cling onto any other iron-based object, just as Magneton uses levitate through electro-magnetic means.
    Must learn Lock-on and Zap Cannon.

Ampharos - Being Rank 5, the top of the top in rankings, shows her extremely formidable powers. Given the nickname "Railgun" for her abilities to launch metal objects at extreme speeds with magnetism, Ampharos reflects this in the form of its relatively high special attack. Must learn Shock Wave, mimicking the electricity and the speed of her unavoidable attack, as well as max Special Attack EVs.

Aggron - Another ability shown at her disposal is the ability to pull iron out of the dirt, soil, and rocks found around her or beneath her feet, and channel her electromagnetic powers through the grains of iron, and shape them as she sees fit. Aggron is both Steel/Rock, making it a suitable metaphor for the use of the two to her advantage. Must learn Dig to represent the iron coming up from the earth.

Pichu - Once again, representing her electric prowess, but more than that, despite her serious personality, she has an odd preference to things that are small/cute/child-like in nature. She tries to keep this from others as best she can. Cannot evolve.

Lanturn - This is to represent another factor, of how electricity is strengthened when water is present, as well as to represent the fact that her powers are so great that she must practice her abilities into a body of water, to disperse the energy of the objects she flings into it faster and more evenly, as opposed to a solid object. Must max out HP EVs.

Arcanine - Representing the speed and swiftness of her attacks, her fiery, sometimes uncontrollable
    spirit and love of battle, and her loyalty to her friends. Must learn Protect and/or Return.

Requirements: Because of her belief that people shouldn't complain about their weakness, and should work hard to get where they want to go, Fly/Sweet Scent/Dig/Teleport/Escape Rope/etc. will not be used. As well, no EV boosting items, such as Carbos, nor will Rare Candy be used. All Pokemon should have at least one Electric-type move. All Pokemon should evolve as quickly as possible, except Pichu. Finally, all Pokemon should be at a minimum level of 60 by the time the Elite Four is defeated a second time, to represent her level of strength.

-Well, had to restart on a different game as FireRed screwed me. So, attempt #2 on Ruby. Had to hack in Mareep, Growlithe, and did so with Pichu because I didn't really want to go out of my way catching two different gendered Pikachu. Or a Ditto. Or so on. So I ended up with level 3 all of them. I'll probably have to wait on training Mareep, so I decided that my headliner will be Growlithe. I'll catch the other three when I run into them. (Which, in Chinchou's case, will be a while. Major grinding will ensue to get it to 60.)
    -A few updates. Got badges 1 and 2, with Growlithe taking names and Biting away Rock Pokemon, and Embering away the Fighting ones. Also delivered my letter to Steven and caught an Adamant Aron (hurray!). Going to grind everything up to at least 15 while I'm in Dewford.
    -A few new updates. Pichu wants to evolve, so I have to say "No!" by making it hold an Everstone. Haven't gotten the Fire Stone, so no Arcanine as of yet. Picked up Soft Sand for Aron and his Dig for later, as well as the Macho Brace. EV training made easy now. Oh, and tore Watson a new one with Growlithe.
    -So far, just did the extremely easy, but extremely boring Team Magma chase from Lava Ridge, to meteor Falls, and back again. Once again, didn't require all that much effort to dispatch of them. So after that was done, back to Lavaridge town to pick up Charcoal for Growlithe, and to beat up on Flannery and her ilk. Had to use Flaaffy to finish off Torkoal because I didn't heal, and Growlithe ran out of attacks. Going to probably do the Trick House and grab a Magnet at some point.
    -So bigger update this time. Caught me a Magnemite, and now Magneton. Crushed Norman, and then Winona with ease. Did it with Arcanine, which I had to go find the Fire Stone for. In the middle of that, took down Team Magma and Rival, which was no match for Arcanine and his new found superpowers. Taught Dig to Lairon, taught Shockwave to Ampharos, and grinded my party up to 35. Next, beat up on Team Magma yet again, because, you know, why not? Won't be the last time I see them. Surfed across the water to Mossdeep City to take on the twins. I'll have to go back to the Trick House to get myself a Magnet. Don't know if it's this round or next, but I'll get it.
    -Finally got me my Magnet, and beat up on Wallace. He managed to K.O. my Arcanine with Milotic, but Ampharos saved the day with Shockwave. At this point, it's just getting through Victory Road and grinding everything to 60, and then Elite Four time. And I have to teach Arcanine Return by the end of all this. Oh, right, also caught Chinchou, which is now a Lanturn. Had to go kill 255 Wurmples. I guess that was easier than 255 Oddish/Gloom. So my party is complete, just leveling to go.
    So, grinded everything to 60, and went through the Victory Road, and forgot, while challenging the Elite Four, to make Magneton learn Zap Cannon. Soooo to remedy this situation, I killed off Glacia and Drake with it, and two of Steven's Pokemon to get it to 62. And then, Arcanine murdered the rest of his Pokemon. WIN!

The Character Challenge.

The Character Challenge.

The Character Challenge.

Last edited:
    Back