• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My absolutely ... fail RMT

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
  • RMT Fail Revision #1

And behold,

Ok, after this TOTAL OVERHAUL of my team, adding four new pokemon and basically rearranging my format and moves, I think I have a pretty good stall team. 5 stallers and a wtf'er.

I'm new at this...
    Thanks for criticism! Yes I know it sucks, so don't be a troll.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hello!

Well, it seems like you certainly have the right idea. :)

Why don't you check out some of the literature offered here about making a team that's battle ready!

This was super helpful for me when I was first getting started and I'm sure it will help you also. If you need anymore help with Competitive Battling or elements of it, check out the CBC Resource Thread for a comprehensive breakdown of all the hard stuff.

Best of luck to you! :D

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • Hello!

Well, it seems like you certainly have the right idea. :)

Why don't you check out some of the literature offered here about making a team that's battle ready!

This was super helpful for me when I was first getting started and I'm sure it will help you also. If you need anymore help with Competitive Battling or elements of it, check out the CBC Resource Thread for a comprehensive breakdown of all the hard stuff.

Best of luck to you! :D
    How I could have skipped over that thread, I don't know, thank you so much for that link, I'm updating my team as I read it, but Sheddy is a for sure, no matter how much pressure people put on me :D

OMG finally I'm done revising it!
    Took away 1/3 of my team and converted it into a heavy stall team!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Half your team is weak to Fire, so can I suggest adding Jellicent in to cover that weakness?:
    -Scald/Surf
    -Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
    -Recover
    -Taunt/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

I'll add him, but who should I replace?

I would replace either Nidoqueen or Sceptile for Jellicent. Also, Aerodactyl functions as an excellent lead and will cover your team's weakness to fire pretty well also.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Pressure
    252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP
    Jolly [+Speed; -Sp.Attack]
    -Stealth Rock
    -Taunt
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

I ran an Aerodactyl myself for a little bit, until I replaced it with Heatran. But I had lots of fun with it and maybe you can to! ;)

Anyway, with Aerodactyl you get the Speed, which is essential since Aerodactyl is pretty frail. Better yet, the Focus Sash will keep him alive in those "just in case" moments so you can set up Stealth Rock and get out (but hey, Aerodactyl is a suicide lead). Also, the Sash won't be broken by Sandstorm damage. The only thing you're missing out on is Toxic Spikes, which you shouldn't surrender with ease, as it's an excellent move. However, STAB Stone Edge will help solve the fire weakness and Earthquake in combination gives great coverage. Taunt will mess up the opponents setting up, but (I think?) Aerodactyl can learn Roar so there's always that option if you prefer it.

The best thing you can do as a new competitive battler is go out there and get some experience. Find what works for you and your team.

Hope this helped! :D

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years

• I would replace either Nidoqueen or Sceptile for Jellicent. Also, Aerodactyl functions as an excellent lead and will cover your team's weakness to fire pretty well also.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Pressure
    252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP
    Jolly [+Speed; -Sp.Attack]
    -Stealth Rock
    -Taunt
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

I ran an Aerodactyl myself for a little bit, until I replaced it with Heatran. But I had lots of fun with it and maybe you can to! ;)

Anyway, with Aerodactyl you get the Speed, which is essential since Aerodactyl is pretty frail. Better yet, the Focus Sash will keep him alive in those "just in case" moments so you can set up Stealth Rock and get out (but hey, Aerodactyl is a suicide lead). Also, the Sash won't be broken by Sandstorm damage. The only thing you're missing out on is Toxic Spikes, which you shouldn't surrender with ease, as it's an excellent move. However, STAB Stone Edge will help solve the fire weakness and Earthquake in combination gives great coverage. Taunt will mess up the opponents setting up, but (I think?) Aerodactyl can learn Roar so there's always that option if you prefer it.

The best thing you can do as a new competitive battler is go out there and get some experience. Find what works for you and your team.

Hope this helped! :D
    Sceptile is gonna go since I've been testing in PO, and I can try Aerodactyl, but I'm going to make a few changes:

Aerodactyl
    Focus Sash
    Rock Head
    252 Spd/252 atk/4 HP
    Jolly
    Stealth Rock
    Roar
    Head Smash
    Earthquake

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Aerodactyl doesn't get Head Smash. And Taunt > Roar. One of the fastest non-priority Taunts in the game.

Back