• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some tips

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    New to PC. great community all around :)

Need some tips on my Pokemon Go account. Level 12 and my highest pokemons from power ups/evolutions are 450 cp pigeot and a 430 arbok. Is that decent for a level 12 (fairly new)? And how do I go about hoarding stardust/candies for later use or use them as I play?

Cheers

Years
  • I'd say that pretty much use all your weedle and pidgey and rattata candies as you play (most effective way is to hoard them for a while and then use a lucky egg for double xp and evolve a bunch of them)

If you want a certain pokemon with high cp you should save the candies for later when you start to catch higher cp pokemons to start with. Don't waste stardust on weak pokemons at all. I'm level 15 and my highest from evolutions is around 600 I think and my highest is 770 Hypno found in wild. so 450 sounds pretty good I think. I had a bit more powerful pokemon at that point but I guess there's a bit luck involved too.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Yeah, I would horde almost all of your stardust at this point in the game. You can easily catch Pokémon in the wild with MUCH higher CP in just a few more levels than you could ever power up. I know I got caught up in leveling up weaker Pokémon in the beginning and I wish I had honestly just saved up my stardust.

Like Jiipee said, collect a bunch of Pidgey, Weedle, Rattata, etc and evolve them all at once while you have a lucky egg going to get more experience. Also try to wait to hatch your eggs until you've got a lucky egg going too, every little bit helps. Catch EVERYTHING you see. It all adds up.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Welcome to PC!

Alright, so lets talk about CP to start. So sadly in the lower levels 1-15, you are not going to really find any pokemon of a high enough CP number to really be able to do anything with other than collecting. When you get to I want to say about level 16, you will start having access to pokemon that are within the 600 CP level. If you are able to have a team of six pokemon that are all within the 600CP range you will be able to confidently take down 1000CP pokemon located in gyms.

The next thing to pay attention to is the "Line of Potential", which is the white line in the shape of a crescent over a pokemon's head. This line is telling you how close the pokemon is to meeting its max potential, which basically means the closer it is to its maximum CP number (and other stats such as HP). The further to the left this line is, the worse the pokemon, the further to the right this line is the more powerful the pokemon. This line is extremely important to pay attention to because sometimes the CP number for a lower staged pokemon might be a terribly underwhelming number compared to another, but upon evolution it might end up being humongous due to the particular species of pokemon. For example: A Drowzee with 200CP is terrible, but a Magikarp with 200CP is fantastic! The Drowzee with 200CP would have a potential line that is far to the left and would likely evolve into a weak Hypno most likely in the 600CP range. The Magikarp with 200CP likely would have a potential line that is touching the bottom of the right side, and when it evolves into a Gyarados, it will be HUGE definitely in the high 1000CP range. The line of potential is always incredibly important and will often override the actual current CP number of any pre-evolved pokemon.
    Visual Example:
    Spoiler:

In general when it comes to hoarding candy and stardust. All you really need to know is, just catch everything all of the time, even if you 200 of the same pokemon and that's all you find, just transfer the pokemon that suck and hold on to the ones that have naturally huge CP numbers or have amazing potential lines. Only use Stardust on pokemon that you know are amazing or will be amazing when they evolve, or use Stardust on your favorites (which is what I often do which makes hoarding harder for me to do. lol). Catch everything, is the best advice for your current level.

Good luck and we're happy to have you in our humble community! :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    New to PC. great community all around :)

Need some tips on my Pokemon Go account. Level 12 and my highest pokemons from power ups/evolutions are 450 cp pigeot and a 430 arbok. Is that decent for a level 12 (fairly new)? And how do I go about hoarding stardust/candies for later use or use them as I play?

Cheers
    Welcome to PC! Ooo Arbok is cool, jealous of him! Did you catch it wild or evolve it? The others have all given pretty good answers to your questions already so I shan't echo them, but as for the hoarding part if you want a personal opinion then I'd say just have fun. What I mean by that is, if you want to get strong Pokémon easier and you want to play the game efficiently and this is what you find fun then save up your candies/stardust until you hit a higher level (most people recommend around 18-20) and then start using your resources to power up the strong Pokémon that you've caught, but if you're just interested in building up a Pokédex or you like a certain Pokémon you've caught then it can be fun to try and raise a weakling up to be strong enough to take on gyms (and usually a Pokémon a few hundred CP lower than a gym Pokémon can beat it so there isn't that much pressure to have crazyily high CP values). Basically the best method is to hoard them until you're a higher level but don't stop yourself having fun and wait weeks to do anything or you'll get bored :)

Back