• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Camp NaNoWriMo

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    am I in the right place?​

NaNoWriMo is typically held in November, and is a competition to write 50,000 words within a month. I noticed a new link this year, after thinking about competing again, to Camp NaNoWriMo - a more flexible version of the original starting on July 1.

This time around, you can set your own target. Be that 10,000, 50,000 or 100,000 words - whatever you want! There are also categories other than 'novel' to pick from, such as story story or non-fiction.

Is anyone interested in taking part? :) I have signed up, for now, and set my target for 25,000 words over the month. I'm SwiftSign on there if anyone wants to find me! :D​

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Where's the link? Maybe it could motivate me. I highly doubt it will

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I've always wanted to try! It sounds fun but I'm not sure yet since I'll be busy in July as well.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I've always wanted to try! It sounds fun but I'm not sure yet since I'll be busy in July as well.

I'm in a similar boat, since work will be very busy for the first half of July. Why not set yourself a smaller target? I'm going for 20,000 - you could shoot lower or around the same!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I think I'm going to do this, but I'm having trouble on figuring out what to write. I think I'm going to go back and try the first novel idea I ever tried to write. It never got past the second chapter, but this seems like a perfect time to take it out of storage, blow the dust off of it, and try again.

Edit: And yes, it has to do with aliens.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I am joining in, after being inpromptu and convincing a friend to join me as well!

Going with 10,000 words because I lose a week-and-half from the month anyway due to uni stuff. (Also, judging the SWC this year again will also take some time out I bet). Something not too daunting to use as an excuse to make some progress with my fic I'm working on at the moment.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hurrah! Well best of luck to all taking part :) I've been planning all weekend. Bit nervous at doing such structured writing. Also a bit worried that I'll go either too fast or two slow xD what I'm planning shouldn't fit into the word target I've set but I don't know how much more it'll take. ><.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm still not sure what to write about. I know I said I would go with my first novel, but that requires more planning, just like every other book idea I have. Darn it.

I'll shoot for 20,000 words anyway.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Magic said:
    There are also categories other than 'novel' to pick from, such as story story or non-fiction.
    Do you mean "short story"? Because if we can do that, then I can start writing out the three short story ideas I have no problem!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Do you mean "short story"? Because if we can do that, then I can start writing out the three short story ideas I have no problem!

Short story, commonly known as story story! Don't you know your writing terms? :O Wahey ideas ahoy!

yes I made another boo-boo. I don't belong here DX :L

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I didn't know you could write scripts for Camp NaNoWriMo. That is tempting. But I'm already working on a collab drama project. So I might stick with prose. I want to brush up my prose writing anyhow, and this seems as good a time as any.

Also, lol at "story story".

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Aiming for 15K words, also trying to do my finish my first book ever. Gonna do sci-fi.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    How are people doing? :) I wasn't planning on writing at all this week, but I did manage 700 words across the weekend.

19300 to go~

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've been writing during my lunch breaks at work, and I've made some good progress! I don't know how many words it is, as I've been writing in a notebook, but when I complete it and write it out on my laptop, I'll let you know.

Back