• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Does Pokemon Showdown have an AI interface?

scotchkorean27

Programmer/Pastry Enthusiast
Years
  • Hi guys!

I've sort of reached a point where I have to start thinking about writing a battle AI, and I came to the conclusion that something that it might be fun to test in Pokemon Showdown. Does anyone know if PSD has an AI friendly interface (ideally with world state and forward model)? It looks like the code is on github, so I can look into writing one in, but this would be a lot easier if it already has one. My original plan is to write the agent in C# since I want the AI module to be Unity friendly (not enough Unity love around here). Thanks in advance!

scotchkorean27

Years
  • Just in case anyone's interested, pokemon showdown doesn't have a native AI interface (it has just about everything except a forward model), but all of the code is on github, and it uses sockjs, meaning i can connect to it using c#. I plan on writing AI support into my own version of the server and testing it out. Hopefully, Ill be able to send it out into the wild at some point (pokemon AI competitions would be a hoot, wouldnt they?).

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    I'm very excited to see an AI on any pokemon fan game =) I prefer playing against the AI, I find it very funny!

scotchkorean27

Years
  • That's good to hear. It's funny, over time, this project ended up morphing into a potential starting point for my master's thesis. Now the plan is to sort of create an open framework for people to write their own pokemon AIs and test them in online play.

Back