• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feelings on more "interactive" gaming?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    So with the addition of consoles such as the "Wii" and the "Wii U", as well as the Xbox360 introducing the Kinect and so forth, there has been a rise in the development of more "interactive" or physical gaming. You could say that for years consoles, primarily, have been running this with innovative controllers such as the steering wheel, however it has really come into fruition over the past few years.

So, how do you feel about the rising developments of "interactive" gaming? Do you find it more immersive, or do you think that the more physical presence you need when gaming to be a hinderance? I imagine that most will feel it depends on the game, so we'll take a broad view on this matter. What do you think?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • It can be good.

What I like about the Wii isn't so much motion, but that I can have a greater amount of distance between my hand than I would an ordinary controller. Wiimote in one hand, nunchuck in the other... I can actually stretch out. It's relaxing XD

With the Wii, some stuff was implemented very well and other stuff was lazy. Doesn't need to compete with traditional input devices, certain games are well suited to one type of controller over the other. They complement each other.

Back