• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Um... Hello I guess?

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
Years
  • Well, I guess I joined these forums back in August 2012, and I never really participated in anything. I never made an attempt to actually join this community.

My original intentions for joining back then were quite simple: I needed help with an issue that I had encountered within an Emerald Rom that I was creating. I never did manage to obtain help for it, and I eventually gave up on ever getting it finished. I've long since lost the Rom, and all other data pertaining to it. All that's left are a few old screensots, and videos that I recorded of it.

Anywho, that's all in the past now, and I'd like to say hello.
    I can't guarantee that I'll be making an effort to be a real part of this community yet, as I don't find my interest to be piqued enough for that as of yet. I'll be lurking, and I will post from time to time, but that's about it for now.

A few facts about me:

• My name is Flannery Lue Moore. (Lue is pronounced 'Loo'.)
    • I have Asperger's Syndrome.
    • I was born on the 23rd of April, in 1991.
    • I became madly obsessed with the Gym Leader who shares my name, when I found out that she existed.
    • I've never met anyone Irl with my name before, so it's quite the enigma for me that my name popped up in a game series that I love.
    • My life is an open book to any who ask. I despise secrecy, and privacy with a passion.
    • I love to build computers, and play PC games; namely MineCraft and RuneScape.
    • I always post in purple 18 point (That's size 4.) georgia font. There's a long story behind that, for another time.
    • My blood, and heart reside in the UK, but I was born in the USA.
    • I was in foster care from 6 years old, to 21 years old.
    • I made it to a Blue Belt in TaeKwonDo before stopping lessons.

When I post, I tend to type quite a bit, as I love to write. I refuse to cater to lazy individuals who refuse to read, and instead skim over things. You'll never receive a 'tl;dr' from me. I am blunt, and to the point with what I say, and I change nothing for nobody. If my opinions offend you in any way, then I apologise, as that is never my intention. I simply speak my mind, and move on.

If, and when people misread, or misunderstand something that I've said, and turn it into a drama fest, I am not one to back off unless it's a troll. Feeding trolls only encourages them further, and it's an utterly pointless waste of time. I do not flame, and I do not insult. I simply speak my mind.

Hmm. I did intend on keeping this much shorter, as I know there are few people on the Internet who actually read this much, or care enough about other people to make an effort to get to know a person. You'll soon find that I have an almost unconscious tendency to ramble on about pointless rubbish. ...that is, if I stick my nose in enough threads to become noticed.

So again, Hello.
    Maybe you'll see more of me from time to time.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Well first off welcome back, and I myself like Flannery, my most like is the water and then next fire, sorta sad that you spent that many years in foster care, but hopefully it didn't make you an angry person, I feel the same as you, but once again welcome and hope pokemon takes your mind off off the bad times and into the good for you.

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
    Years
  • Well first off welcome back, and I myself like Flannery, my most like is the water and then next fire, sorta sad that you spent that many years in foster care, but hopefully it didn't make you an angry person, I feel the same as you, but once again welcome and hope pokemon takes your mind off off the bad times and into the good for you.

Thank you, and yeah. I like all Pokémon, but Fire Type is where I have my favourites. As for foster care... well, it's life. Things happen, and we either learn to deal with it, or we don't. I've faced my demons over the years, and I've no qualms about my past. I don't know if it was the foster care itself that made me an easily angered person, or I just happened to have a rash nature.

Pokémon has always been a method of escape for me in the past. I used to daydream stories, and get lost in both the Gameboy games, and the Manga. More recently since I've been out of Foster Care, the only real anchor to Pokémon that I seem to have, is the Gym Leader who shares my name. Other than that, I don't have much interest in Pokémon related things. I don't even own anything about Pokémon anymore. No games, no manga, nothing. Only old memories, drawings, and some unfinished stories that I'll never get around to finishing.

I guess the only reason I decided to... "try" to get into this community, is because I felt that it would be good for me to stop trying to go solo on the Internet. I've so many people that I'm trying to avoid, and that I have run away from due to them becoming far too attached to me. The only person who I can say has any real hold in my life, is my boyfriend of seven years; Andrew. Other than him, I kind of don't let people get too close.

I still haven't decided if that's a good thing, or bad thing though. I have nothing to hide, so I speak openly, and bluntly about everything... and that just seems to do one of two things: People hate me, and shun me, or they become far too close for comfort. And whenever either of those things happen, I move on to somewhere else where they can no longer see my presence, or interact with me.

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
  • Sorry to butt in, Saintscrew7 here, I to got involved in Pokémon to escape reality. All my life I got bullied, I don't follow the manga stories, but, playing the GB games got me that mental place called sanctuary. Like ~RCN~ said: WELCOME BACK! Although I'm a newbie at this, but, hope to get you motivated to conquering your dreams!

Coffee

Banned
    Years
  • A very lovely welcome from your karaoke friend!
    I also have Aspergers Syndrome but that isnt really important here. What's important is that we love to have you here!
    I wont go into any of your personal life since i dont want to be that person, but i hope you enjoy your stay here! :)

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
    Years
  • Sorry to butt in, Saintscrew7 here, I to got involved in Pokémon to escape reality. All my life I got bullied, I don't follow the manga stories, but, playing the GB games got me that mental place called sanctuary. Like ~RCN~ said: WELCOME BACK! Although I'm a newbie at this, but, hope to get you motivated to conquering your dreams!

I forgot... Favorite types: Dragons, Fire.

No need to be sorry! o.o
    This is a public forum after all, and you have every right to post.
    And yeah... that kinda sounds like a quick one sentence explanation of what I went through. =/
    Thank you for the welcome, and don't worry; we all have to start somewhere. You won't be a newbie for long.

As for Dragons... I once held a special place in my heart for the dragons of olde.
    The ones who weren't 'officially' Dragon Type, but had the body, and visage of one. Charizard, and Gyarados.

A very lovely welcome from your karaoke friend!
    I also have Aspergers Syndrome but that isnt really important here. What's important is that we love to have you here!
    I wont go into any of your personal life since i dont want to be that person, but i hope you enjoy your stay here! :)

Yup, Asperger's is quite common, based on what I've discovered from briefly joining hundreds, or maybe thousands of communities over the years. I've run into a lot of people who claim to have it, so I'm not too surprised by it any more.

Now, I don't know that "we" part of "we love to have you here" is quite true, but it's nice to know that one person thinks so. And don't fret over the details of my life, as I have said that my life is an open book. I've nothing to hide, and I'm not hesitant to discuss it at a moment's notice if the whim crosses your fancy. And thank you, I hope that I may enjoy it here as well.

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
  • About Gyarados, it always got my attention. Every party in any Pokémon game, I have a Gyarados. Specially that's one of my 5 only Water type faves. But, the fact of being (in my opinion) king or queen of the seas, that leviathan sure has control. And I would feel safe owning (in the game) a Gyarados. Specially the hability of learning Flametrhower, oh man! That't my favorite move!

So as far as I go, fire-breathing Pokémons are A-OK. Specially fast, big ones.

Years
  • Your birthday's four days before mine which is pretty neat. Welcome, Flannery! I thought of the gym leader instantly.. now if only my name wasn't super rare and used more in Pokemon games hahaha.

No worries if you're unsure whether you'll get involved or not, even popping by every once in a while is okay. :) We have many great people here and can only hope you'll stick! But ooh, a blue belt?? Neat, I'm attending kickboxing for a year now and am almost at blue belt too. Tons of work but gets me out of the house to exercise, lool. Have fun here!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Oooh, Flannery! She's an awesome gym leader. One of my favourites actually! Anywho, welcome back! I do enjoy learning more about yours; your intro is simply perfect! Aw, but I do hope that you'll at least make an effort to dive right in and try out our community more often. You won't regret it! The people are pretty nice here and there are a ton of stuff you can do!

But still, you seem incredible. Maybe we can chat more sometime? And hmm, I tried out karate in my childhood and gotten pretty far in the lessons but when I moved it was pretty difficult to maintain between that and soccer, haah, ugh. At any rate, I do hope you will have a nice time. If you have any questions about the forums, feel free to ask~ <33

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
    Years
  • Your birthday's four days before mine which is pretty neat. Welcome, Flannery! I thought of the gym leader instantly.. now if only my name wasn't super rare and used more in Pokemon games hahaha.

No worries if you're unsure whether you'll get involved or not, even popping by every once in a while is okay. :) We have many great people here and can only hope you'll stick! But ooh, a blue belt?? Neat, I'm attending kickboxing for a year now and am almost at blue belt too. Tons of work but gets me out of the house to exercise, lool. Have fun here!

O_o
    April seems like a common month for Birthdays, that and May. I think that I've met more people whom were born in those months, than any others. And yeah, I wish my name was more common too. I know that it's an old Gaelic word, that means quite literally 'Red Eyebrow'. Google says it goes as far back as the year 1401, in Ireland.

Yeah.... Taekwondo was getting to be too difficult for me to deal with. My sensei had a "Stripe" system, for the belts. One month of training, and lessons is one stripe. Every time you completed one month, your belt was adorned by a strip of black tape. Once you attained three stripes, you were allowed to take a test for the next colour. Blue was kinda in the middle of the belts; just before Purple, and I kept on failing to get it.

Here, if memory serves me right, this was our system:

belts.jpg

I eventually gave up, and decided that I don't need to be any better. I know enough to defend myself, just as a Blue.
    Thank you for the welcome.

Oooh, Flannery! She's an awesome gym leader. One of my favourites actually! Anywho, welcome back! I do enjoy learning more about yours; your intro is simply perfect! Aw, but I do hope that you'll at least make an effort to dive right in and try out our community more often. You won't regret it! The people are pretty nice here and there are a ton of stuff you can do!

But still, you seem incredible. Maybe we can chat more sometime? And hmm, I tried out karate in my childhood and gotten pretty far in the lessons but when I moved it was pretty difficult to maintain between that and soccer, haah, ugh. At any rate, I do hope you will have a nice time. If you have any questions about the forums, feel free to ask~ <33

Err... I felt that my intro was a mess. I'll lurk around the community, untill I feel comfortable with actually 'joining'. As it is, I feel like my personality isn't welcome here. I'm not a kind person, and I don't treat anyone, any certain way. I simply be myself, and people tend to react badly to it. I don't ask for respect, or anything. I just wish to be accepted, and not have people complain about me, or whatever... and that always seems like it's too much to ask, and I always end up being shunned.

I never tried out Karate, or any other form of Martial Art; other than Taekwondo. I did play Soccer when I was much, much younger. Our team was called 'Wolfgang'. I think it was at 'Queen Anne Elementary' in Lebanon, Oregon. Sadly enough, that school no longer exists. It's almost as if I'm terrible luck for any school that I attend... Westland Middle school in Corvallis; known as 'The Griffins' also closed down like, a year after I stopped attending it. >.<

Thank you, I hope that I have a nice time here as well. I won't hesitate to ask the community if I have any questions.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I may be alittle late with this haha but welcome to the community Flannery!
    Firstly love your name xD and the gym leader you share it with(honestly she's definitely in my top 5 fav gym leaders)
    Also nice intro organized too haha a lot more than others put down :D
    I joined in 2013 and the only reason was for rom hacking haha and I made one post that's about it but ever tally a year later I made an effort to become part of the community and I love it so I hope that you will too I guarantee you'll love the people here and there's a lot of interesting things to talk about haha
    So anyways welcome and sorry for this little jumble of words I'm a bit tired haha but after reading o Ur post I wanted to welcome you :D and if you ever have a question or wanna chat you can feel free to VM me :)

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
    Years
  • I may be alittle late with this haha but welcome to the community Flannery!
    Firstly love your name xD and the gym leader you share it with(honestly she's definitely in my top 5 fav gym leaders)
    Also nice intro organized too haha a lot more than others put down :D
    I joined in 2013 and the only reason was for rom hacking haha and I made one post that's about it but ever tally a year later I made an effort to become part of the community and I love it so I hope that you will too I guarantee you'll love the people here and there's a lot of interesting things to talk about haha
    So anyways welcome and sorry for this little jumble of words I'm a bit tired haha but after reading o Ur post I wanted to welcome you :D and if you ever have a question or wanna chat you can feel free to VM me :)

o.O
    Thank you lol.
    I don't really like my name, especially my middle name; Lue. People keep on pronouncing it as 'Looey', and it drives me nuts... I think the only part of my name that I like, is my last name; Moore. It's really commonly used, and it doesn't stand out.

Yeah, from what I've seen so far, the people are quite cheerful, and friendly. No trolls, or anything that I've seen yet. It's quite a surprise, as I'm used to Internet Communities being full of horrible, toxic people who only wish to cause drama. I'm not used to seeing this extreme level of open friendliness....

And don't worry about having a jumble of words, as I tend to ramble on far worse than most people. It's an annoying habit of mine, and it usually ends with me going so far off topic, that I forget what on earth I was even trying to say. Sleepy huh? I'm an oddball when I get sleepy, even more so than I already am. When I'm tired, I become loopy, and bubbly, and annoying. It gets me in trouble more often than not. xD

And um... VM? Is that 'Visitor Message'? At first I assumed that you Typo'd, and you meant to say 'PM'; for 'Private Message', and then I saw that your signature also had 'VM' in it.... so, I was like, hmm... that must not be a typo after all. But anyways, if I do have any questions, I'll post a thread about it in the Off-Topic section. Unless of course it actually fits into a regular category, then I'll use the respective one for it.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • o.O
    Thank you lol.
    I don't really like my name, especially my middle name; Lue. People keep on pronouncing it as 'Looey', and it drives me nuts... I think the only part of my name that I like, is my last name; Moore. It's really commonly used, and it doesn't stand out.

Yeah, from what I've seen so far, the people are quite cheerful, and friendly. No trolls, or anything that I've seen yet. It's quite a surprise, as I'm used to Internet Communities being full of horrible, toxic people who only wish to cause drama. I'm not used to seeing this extreme level of open friendliness....

And don't worry about having a jumble of words, as I tend to ramble on far worse than most people. It's an annoying habit of mine, and it usually ends with me going so far off topic, that I forget what on earth I was even trying to say. Sleepy huh? I'm an oddball when I get sleepy, even more so than I already am. When I'm tired, I become loopy, and bubbly, and annoying. It gets me in trouble more often than not. xD

And um... VM? Is that 'Visitor Message'? At first I assumed that you Typo'd, and you meant to say 'PM'; for 'Private Message', and then I saw that your signature also had 'VM' in it.... so, I was like, hmm... that must not be a typo after all. But anyways, if I do have any questions, I'll post a thread about it in the Off-Topic section. Unless of course it actually fits into a regular category, then I'll use the respective one for it.

Why wouldn't you love it it's so unique! But I do understand the middle name part it's annoying when people mispronounce names ><

I was quite used to that with a lot of people online so I never really opended up to anyone on the Internet or did anything actually haha but I am learning to do that here more :D

Eh it's only 1am so who cares lol but I just realized I hadn't posted here and I liked this thread for some reason xD and ya my posts lack a certain quality when I'm sleepy haha

Ya it's visitor message of coarse you can pm to I don't mind haha but visitor messages are usually quicker haha but ya vm's are basically messages that are public and pms are well umm I don't think i need to explain that xD but anyways see you around the community and nice quick reply haha

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
    Years
  • Why wouldn't you love it it's so unique! But I do understand the middle name part it's annoying when people mispronounce names ><

I was quite used to that with a lot of people online so I never really opended up to anyone on the Internet or did anything actually haha but I am learning to do that here more :D

Eh it's only 1am so who cares lol but I just realized I hadn't posted here and I liked this thread for some reason xD and ya my posts lack a certain quality when I'm sleepy haha

Ya it's visitor message of coarse you can pm to I don't mind haha but visitor messages are usually quicker haha but ya vm's are basically messages that are public and pms are well umm I don't think i need to explain that xD but anyways see you around the community and nice quick reply haha

I don't like my name for exactly that reason. It brings attention to me, and I don't like it. =/
    I'd love to have a name like Crystal, or Rachel. Something normal, and common.

Well, I despise both secrecy, and privacy. Even in those bloody awful communities, I will never hide anything, and I will answer any question directed at me to the best of my abilities. Wishing for privacy, or secrecy only proves that you have something to hide. I literally adhere my life to a phrase that almost sounds like something Yoda might say in Star Wars:
    A desire for Secrecy, and Privacy leads to suspicion, and mistrust. Mistrust, and Suspicion lead to lies, and dislike. That in turn leads to hate, and scorn... and it only goes downhill from there.

I'm glad that you're beginning to feel comfortable with being more open. It's much better than closing yourself off from people.

It's 21:17 here, as I'm on the West Coast. My typing also tends to become deranged, and I start to lose most, if not all of my grammar and punctuation when I'm sleepy. And you're welcome for the quick reply. I'm an incredibly slow typer, so it takes me a bit to type things out. I only use one finger; my Right Index finger. The 'ten fast fingers' website claims that I type at 39wpm, and I'm inclined to believe that it's either that, or slower.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Err... I felt that my intro was a mess. I'll lurk around the community, untill I feel comfortable with actually 'joining'. As it is, I feel like my personality isn't welcome here. I'm not a kind person, and I don't treat anyone, any certain way. I simply be myself, and people tend to react badly to it. I don't ask for respect, or anything. I just wish to be accepted, and not have people complain about me, or whatever... and that always seems like it's too much to ask, and I always end up being shunned.

If people didn't accept anyone for who they are around here, I would of given up on this community a long time ago, you know? I'm still here, soooo... I don't think you have much to worry about in that regard! Buuut it's up to you. Once you're good and ready, I'm sure you and I will be great friends, dear~

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    I just joined the pokecommunity. But still welcome back flannery.I love every type of pokemon. Means I get very excited when I talk about them. Rather my fav pokemon: mewtwo.

Back