• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Anyone feel black hair isn't dark enough?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    Long time ago, when I first played this game I wanted my character to have black hair. Started out with blonde hair since it was the default, then I was very excited when I got to Lumiose city to find out that I get to change the hair color to the color I wanted that early in the game. I delightfully entered the building with a scissor sign and I was very excited when I saw that the hair color of the barber's herself was exactly the perfect brightness(or darkness) I was looking for.

It was my first time playing X and Y, so I wasn't very rich but I still handed her 3,000 Yen happily. Suddenly, I fell into despair the moment I realized my hair was the type of black that was the grayish type of black, nothing like the darkness of the barber's black or not even anything close. I was so disappointed to the point that I almost rage quit the game wanted to sell it back, but I still stuck with the game and finished. Then here I am today, still playing Pokemon but that feeling of imperfection still remains in my heart even until today and will continue on(unless the next game gave me the option :(). I thought to myself "if they put in grayish black just in case there are people who like it, why not just give both color options? Grayish black and Jet black to satisfy both preference."

Anyway, I'm the type of player that puts a lot of emphasis on character creation. Therefore, there's probably very feel people that are as extreme as me. However, I am curious to know if there are other people who wanted to make their hair color jet black, but was also disappointed when they got the grayish black?

Last edited:

ViperSpeeds

Espada
    Years
  • I too was disappointed with the grayish black color, but luckily I saved the game right before I talked to the barber, so I wasn't too upset lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I wasn't that upset with black hair, what did bother me though is that the "shortest" hair really wasn't that short. it could have been shorter.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I suppose they made it this way so that textures would be able to stand out more? Barber's hair color might have been darker, but she doesn't do much movement, so, for her, it probably wasn't mandatory. Player, however--they do a lot of things, from walking, running, skating, all the way to riding bikes.

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    My character's hair is of an exceedingly dark brown, unless you looked closely enough it is practically black.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I suppose they made it this way so that textures would be able to stand out more? Barber's hair color might have been darker, but she doesn't do much movement, so, for her, it probably wasn't mandatory. Player, however--they do a lot of things, from walking, running, skating, all the way to riding bikes.

So that's why the black was so light :(.

My character's hair is of an exceedingly dark brown, unless you looked closely enough it is practically black.

Wait, so is brown darker than black? I'm going to give it a try.

Back