• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Tournament

Years
  • I have a possibly good idea.

Can we have an "official chat room" of sorts to organize matches in? VMing is a chore a lot of times when you want to have a realtime conversation.

The most simplistic solution I can immediately give you is to utilize the Pokecommunity IRC chat. Failing that, there is a chat on Dueling Network or if you and your opponent each use the same instant messenger, you could exchange those details and communicate that way.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Meh, DN is laggy on dialup but it runs.

So, w/e.

Im asdfth12 on DN.

GMT -6:00 Central time (US)

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Meh, DN is laggy on dialup but it runs.

So, w/e.

Im asdfth12 on DN.

GMT -6:00 Central time (US)

Dueling Network is the easiest and most user-friendly, imo. It took my a good 2 hours to get DMG set up properly, and for YVD, it has countless errors and it's not easy to use.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Took me around 5 hours to set up a account at DN mainly because I never received the confermation email, and resent it numerous times. I disable spam blocker about a week before, and checked again and it was still diabled but no confermation email.

I eventully had to make a gmail acc just to register. Guess DN dislikes peoplepc emails for some reason.

As for YVD, i've used it for about a year and i've never had any issues with it.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I want to join but I'm not recieving the confirmation email. It keeps saying that I am going to recieve the confirmation email, but I haven't recieved it yet. I have been trying since last night. I am using a Yahoo email account.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Check spam folder, make sure you entered your email correctly. If not, then its just DN's poor email support.

Gmail works though. If all else fails, make a gmail to register.

Years
  • I want to join but I'm not recieving the confirmation email. It keeps saying that I am going to recieve the confirmation email, but I haven't recieved it yet. I have been trying since last night. I am using a Yahoo email account.

I have added you to the tournament regardless. If you are unable to duel by the end of round one, I can drop you from the tournament, so it's no issue on my end. I need your time zone and you need to PM me your deck list.

I shall enter. Username Darknessoverload98

I need your time zone and I need you to PM me your deck list.

I shall join!
    ThatDamnNinja @ Pacific Time. o.o

Need you to PM me your deck list.

@ Cirrus: I also need you to PM me your deck list.

In half an hour I will pair the first round regardless of whether I have received all of the deck lists or not. However, if by the end of round one, I am still missing deck lists from people, those people will receive a match loss.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Is it too late to enter?

Username: tachikaze316
    Time zone: GMT+10

I'll get to work on my deck list now.

Years
    1. Impo VS Light of Truth
    2. -Link- VS Mr. X
    3. Cirrus VS KinokiGaming
    4. Apple Juice VS インフェルノの津波
    5. Renpuu VS terminoob
    6. FirestarVS **BYE**

Round one is up! Remember, if you have not sent a PM to the host with your full deck list (side and extra too) by the end of this round, you will receive a match loss. Also both duelists on each table MUST report the result of their game for the host to record the result. Table 4 will be moderated by the host, so do not duel without my supervision. Good luck to all participants.

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Sorry to say this...but I've gotta drop out. My internet apparently hit its monthly limit for the month an hour or so ago and right now it's so slow that both pokecommunity and dueling network are bordering on unusable.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Oh that's stupid! I wanted to join, but as GMT it was kinda impossible for me to register at 9 in the morning! The time should have been left open for longer, four hours ain't enough to cover all the time zones man ¬_¬ I even had my list all ready as well...

Last edited:
    Years
  • @ Elgyem: Alright, fair enough.

Oh that's stupid! I wanted to join, but as GMT it was kinda impossible for me to register at 9 in the morning! The time should have been left open for longer, four hours ain't enough to cover all the time zones man ¬_¬ I even had my list all ready as well...

I had the event opened prematurely on Thursday, so you had plenty of time to register.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • But the get together started at midnight this morning! How in god's name am I going to register at that time?! Besides, how am I supposed to know if it opened early? You should have given a long time limit to register, just saying you had it up on Thursday is a cop out. I was here for the gt even on the day. At least close it 12 hours after it opened. We've four days for the event, so it shouldn't have been that much of a problem. And also, if none of the matches have started, is it really that much to ask to enter before anyone's started?

Back