• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Can you follow White 2/Black 2 without White/Black?

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Hey guys so I actually have a question here and it's as follows I've been wanting to start one or the other of these games but white 2 looks a lot more interesting than White in my opinion but would I still be able to follow the story if I skipped white and went straight to white 2??

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I suppose you could, yes! It doesn't make much references to Black and White, as far as I'm concerned, so regardless if you've played them or not, pretty much anybody is able to jump in.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
I suppose you could, yes! It doesn't make much references to Black and White, as far as I'm concerned, so regardless if you've played them or not, pretty much anybody is able to jump in.

Thank you! I've been debating for awhile what to do but Black and white 2 both look better than the originals in my opinion!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, they're great. I personally haven't liked them much, though; since I've already played original BW, they sort of felt like some rehash to me. If you haven't, then I'm sure you won't be experiencing the same.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
There will be some confusion as to who certain characters are and certain events that get referenced, but otherwise it stands perfectly fine on its own!

Back