• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Completing Pokedex

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
  • [color=ff0ff]How did you guys complete your pokedex?
    Do you do the normal trading method or using the glitch?[/color]

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I completed my Pokedex through the normal trading method, though I did it sometime after completing my Pokedex in Gold, so I was able to breed more Eevee, for example. (Gold had died by that point, though, so I tried to do what I could while spending as little time and money as possible on Silver.)

I enjoyed reading about glitches, but was always afraid of the consequences that such things could have on my game. I also don't think I knew about getting Pokemon other than Mew through the Mew glitch until a little later, so that method didn't occur to me anyway. But in general, I used glitches on one file of Red (my second completed game), and then decided to restart and avoid using them again on subsequent playthroughs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We didn't have as much Pokémon as we do now, so when it comes to completing PokéDex and other tasks of the like, I could imagine it to be a lot easier.

Sadly, though, I've never managed to take it on. Although I did think about it every once in a while, I didn't have an additional GameBoy and nor link cable. Of course, one of my cousins did have them and I could've easily traded in order to have my PokéDex done, but sadly, she lived far away, and only got to see her once every weekend, when her mom used her off to our house before heading to work. Sadly, she never bought her GameBoy with her. Though, I'm sure she would've if I'd asked. Wasn't exactly focusing on completing my Dex back then, anyway, so it's not such a huge deal.

Years
  • I think I may have used the glitch, I don't ever recall doing it with catching them all here. I might have, but it's been such a long time that I have no idea. x_x Not that it's really relevant in this first generation, though.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I got really close in my original Blue version, but eventually I got bored with trying to complete the PokeDex and instead focused on training so I could beat all the other kids on the schoolyard. Luckily, catching as many Pokemon as I did gave me a lot of Pokemon to choose from.

Back