• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Silver Ambition - Kanto [M]

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Actually, aeternum, what is your stance on accepting more characters after the first arc? As intrigued as I am, I would like to see how the IC thread fares before posting an application. I'd probably be more comfortable waiting until a later arc.

once the ic thread goes up applications will be closed. when this region is finished and i make the thread for the new region signups will reopen and existing players will be allowed to decide between carrying a character over or starting a new one. im hoping that this region will draw to a close in a maximum of 4 months since I know how busy people can get at times.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Sounds good. I'll just be lurking for now. Ya'll have fun

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • today is the last day for sign ups. if you'd like to join in then you must at least put up a WIP in the next 12 or so hours. after that I'll be editing and posting the IC thread and we'll be starting up

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Pokemon ability: orphan
    Attacks
    -thunder wave
    -thunder shock
    -charge
    -cotton spore
    -electro ball
    -confuse ray
    -discharge

two things, first if you're an orphan you get to pick an ability that your final evo has. meaning you would be able to choose plus, static or mold breaker. second, if you're an orphan you're not limited to only 7 moves. you're allowed to use moves from all across your current and past pokemon's evolutions. meaning right now you'd be able to use any move that mareep can learn besides egg moves. once you evolve into flaffy you'd be able to use any moves it can learn, plus any moves mareep can learn besides egg moves.

Attacks: Hypnosis | Dream Eater | Shadow Ball | Dark Pulse | Destiny Bond | Nightmare | Thunderbolt (TM)

Attacks

Quick Attack / Icy Wind / Hone Claws / Metal Claw / Slash / Agility / Feint Attack
    - Attacks: Magical Leaf, Copycat, Pound, Sweet Kiss, Sing, Encore, Echoed Voice

same as above, as an orphan you're not limited to a certain number of moves.... unless you really want to be.

I'll fill the rest in tomorrow, I just wanted to get the ball rolling on this SU!

just poking you as a reminder :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    two things, first if you're an orphan you get to pick an ability that your final evo has. meaning you would be able to choose plus, static or mold breaker. second, if you're an orphan you're not limited to only 7 moves. you're allowed to use moves from all across your current and past pokemon's evolutions. meaning right now you'd be able to use any move that mareep can learn besides egg moves. once you evolve into flaffy you'd be able to use any moves it can learn, plus any moves mareep can learn besides egg moves.

same as above, as an orphan you're not limited to a certain number of moves.... unless you really want to be.

OH sweet, thanks for the clarification! That's what I thought at first, and then I confused myself haha. Editing accordingly in a minute!

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022

Just for clarification, I did already use my TM on Echoed Voice, so unless we can use tutored moves, the only move Cleffa learns that I omitted is Charm.

But I did choose Cleffa knowing I'd be on the weaker side until I get Clefairy's moves, and then I'd get better moves like Moon Blast and Meteor Mash.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Just for clarification, I did already use my TM on Echoed Voice, so unless we can use tutored moves, the only move Cleffa learns that I omitted is Charm.

But I did choose Cleffa knowing I'd be on the weaker side until I get Clefairy's moves, and then I'd get better moves like Moon Blast and Meteor Mash.

you can use as many of the TM/HMs as you want. as an orphan your movepool is not limited by a number anywhere. the only thing you can't use are moves gained through breeding. so you could also use things like psyshock, magical leaf, sing, encore, hidden power, return, dig, shadow ball, double team and so on all at the same time with no repercussions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    I've finally won myself over to put in a WIP here. However, I'm really tired and am too lazy to do anything right now so I will work on it tomorrow.

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Alright, sounds good. Thankfully Cleffa has a pretty good TM pool compared to the level up pool.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    I'm an accomplice. I'm the monster to their Frankenstein. I blame Alvey and Jay. Everyone blame Alvey and Jay. But mostly Alvey.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • two things, first if you're an orphan you get to pick an ability that your final evo has. meaning you would be able to choose plus, static or mold breaker. second, if you're an orphan you're not limited to only 7 moves. you're allowed to use moves from all across your current and past pokemon's evolutions. meaning right now you'd be able to use any move that mareep can learn besides egg moves. once you evolve into flaffy you'd be able to use any moves it can learn, plus any moves mareep can learn besides egg moves.

just poking you as a reminder :)

Ooo! cool! Can I consider tms part of my movepool? And I think static is my ability. I'll update my SU with that.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • ALVEY YOU'VE WAITED AT LEAST 2.5 HOURS FOR THIS

Name: Allen
    Evolutionary line: Murkrow - Honchkrow
    Natural talent: Thievery
    As someone who used to live his live on the streets, his skills when it comes to thieving are remarkable. He has quick hands and knows how to stealthily escape after completing a petty heist.​
    Attacks:
    Mirror Move | Sucker Punch | Haze | Taunt | Sky Attack | Feint Attack | Wing Attack​

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Allen is of moderate (at 5'5" or 165 cm) and somewhat skinny, mainly due to malnutrition. His skin has been blackened by the many years of sleeping, covered in dust. His hair is a long messy ash gray, for all his live he never really bothered caring about it, and eventually tied into a long ponytail after multiple requests from his peers. Most of his body is covered in scars that he receives from his childhood.

Black seems to be his most preferred choice of color when it comes to fashion. It is rare that he is spotted without his long black coat covering most of his upper body out of combat. Underneath the coat, he sports a yellow scarf, as well as short sleeved clothing for easier transformation. He dons a pair of yellow trousers, a pair of gray socks and a pair of brown shoes for his lower body.

In combat, Allen ditches the coat to reveal the clothes he's wearing underneath. The skin over on his arms turns soot black, from there grows out a lot of feathers, not enough to give him flight but just enough to give him a streamlined body for extra maneuver.​

Personality:
    Years of living on the streets has forged Allen into a stone cold person. He gives himself no restraints on social interactions, being as blunt as he could most of the time. He doesn't give any consideration towards people's emotions, and because of that, most of his peers tend to dislike him. Accepting orders is one thing people have a hard time making him do, for he has to judge whether or not it would benefit him in the long run, and whether or not he could trust the person in the first place. His lack of trust stems from his abusive childhood, and for someone to earn his trust requires a lot of dedication.

Allen is tricky and cunning, able to examine his surroundings and make a quick judgement on what to do in order to gain the most profit. He is also quite greedy, wanting to gain a lot of riches for his own use. It is unknown if this trait is the result of the Murkrow DNA that he was, or if it is the years of living in poverty.
    History:
    Allen Hitchcock was born to his parents 24 years ago. However, his family wasn't sunshine at all; He was born as a victim to under aged pregnancy, and from that it became marriage. Because of that, his parents were constantly arguing, fighting, abusing each other, and everything that their parents did to each other, they do them to him as well. It was painful, it was traumatizing, and he didn't want anything more to do with them.

He left when he was 8, abandoning the name of his family and grew up identifying himself as simply "Allen". For many years he spent his life on the streets, stealing as much as he could in order to keep himself alive. He moved his operations from town to town to avoid getting caught, eventually putting him onto wanted posters.

Eventually, the SRR managed to catch him after he snuck into their base. However, instead of surrendering him to the police, they presented him with an offer instead: he would cooperate with them in a series of experiments, and they would present him with a sum of money more than he could ever imagine.

From the thief himself, he willfully obliged.​

NOW GIVE ME CRITIQUES

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • IC thread is up http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=367455

Make a post or two of escaping the facility and finding a way back to the mainland. As you leave, members of the rebellion will give you watches to keep in touch with. Hitch a ride with another player or an NPC whether it be another test subject or a member of the rebellion. If you decide to go with a rebellion member, they follow the same rules as player characters. They can be any pokemon besides legendaries or starters and they're all going to be fellow volunteering test subjects in the facility. You may not travel back with Wulfric or Mewtwo.

Once you're on the mainland you can try to return to your past life, or you may go back to the rebellion's hideout or other locations. I have updated the OOC with new information. Know that regardless of what your past life was, you will most likely not fit in again. Any past pokemon you trained will be hostile towards your new scent and wild pokemon will generally avoid you now unless they're strong or territorial in nature.

Spoiler:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • some people have said that things aren't 100% clear on what you're supposed to be doing right now. so here you go.

WHAT DO I DO

What you're going to do, is try your best to get from one corner of the region up to the other and enter the rebel's hideout which is located inside of Mt. Moon. Along the way you'll encounter wild pokemon, normal people and normal trainers. Besides these things, there's other labs you can visit, underground arenas and new gyms in the same places for the most part.

You'll find that the underground arenas are led by failed first generation experiments. They'll be gluttonous blobs, shadows of their former selves unfit for the eyes of the average person. Down in these arenas you'll find more like yourselves. First and second generation subjects, trainers strong enough to reach the elite 4 and packs of strong wild pokemon like Tyranitar, Ursaring, fighting types, dark types, ghost types, normal types and fire types.

If you're not an orphan you'll more than likely avoid the other labs for the time being. The threat they pose is great and should only be taken on once you've gained the power of the rebellion, but to an orphan who hasn't ever known a normal life the sound of returning to a lab's safe environment may seem appealing. Most regular trainers and pokemon along the normal routes will avoid you.

WHO MIGHT I MEET

Police, gym leaders, the elite 4 and powerful trainers are all not only influenced by the company, but also under employment with them. Police will carry strong Arcanine, Fearow and Dugtrio and some will be capable of transforming into fighting types. The Elite 4 will only appear in the indigo plateau. Powerful trainers under the employment of the company wear black masks and are capable of 'capturing' you. Whereas police can only wear you out and call for a seeker, these powerful trainers called Seekers have specialized nets and ropes which will bind and exhaust you near instantaneously. These Seekers usually hang out around the center of the region as well as the underground arenas. There are two of them currently in Kanto. They carry around 6 fully evolved pokemon, one capable of mega evolution and the seekers themselves can also transform.

SO WHATS UP WITH THIS COMPANY ARE THEY BAD ARE THEY GOOD OR WHAT

They're bad. Everyone besides you and the rebellion currently know that they are evil, but everyone else only sees their good side. to the common folk you will appear as monsters, so you should avoid them unless you're seeking to start a revolution. And if you're seeking a revolution or retribution or whatever, then your best bet is to go to the rebellion HQ with as little encounters as possible.

HOW STRONG AM I

Regardless of orphan/volunteer status, you're currently strong enough that you could take on and win against an average level 50 pokemon on your own and win.

WHAT SHOULD I DO RIGHT NOW

You're going to leave the island that the HQ is on either by sky or sea. You'll be able to buddy up if you'd like with fellow research subjects (NPC or PC) or a member of the rebellion if you'd wish to get to know more on them. If you'd like to go with the rebellion immediately and learn more on what they're about, let me know and I'll give you a big wall of text that you can pick apart and decided on what they do and don't tell you on the trip to their HQ. If you'd like to approach a gym leader for whatever reason, let me know and I'll provide you with their name, types and what they'll do to you once they see you.

You are loose product, and the majority of the region wants you captured. Volunteers should act like they know this as they lived a normal life before going for tests. Orphans may be more naive, so they may seek out another lab or they may just follow the older test subjects as they move on towards the HQ. Regardless of which way you go, the main plot will only progress once a fourth of you reach the rebellion HQ. This RP is all about escaping from an evil science organization and trying your best to take it down. This is what it will be in each of the next regions as well. Once kanto goes down in flames, you'll move on to Johto and then continue on until the company is no more.

If you have any questions on places or people, check the OOC to see if I've listed something there and then ask me about it either in PM/VM or here in this thread.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • You said that other people who can transform also have pokemon. Can I catch pokemon?

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • So we're about to get our personal files with our communicators, Last call for a lost relation. If no one wants to be my lost sibling than I'll have to kill them in the escape :,( .

And if you have plans on meeting your family I can let my family be the same, and we might even travel together. :D

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    If anyone wants to meet up, I'm open. I'm probably not going to visit his family, so I'd mostly just look to travel with a companion.

Back