• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

White Christmas

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    back when i lived in paris it was snowy without fail but ever since i moved to nz about 12-13 years ago i haven't seen one particle of snow since
    although nz does snow in some areas down south i live in the part of the country where it's permanently tropical and thus christmas has been boiling hot ever since

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • ^ +1 with the snowless New Zealand Christmas.
    Especially in my city, it's incredibly rare for snow to come here. Like it's only ever happened once in my 20 years.

Pfft who needs a white Christmas when you have that warm summer weather xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I live in Alabama. We don't have a white ANYTHING lol. I have actually had one white Christmas though. It was either 2009 or 2010, I'm not really sure. I was sick both those years so I didn't actually get out in it so it wasn't totally memorable for me. I just remember there being a little snow sticking one of those years.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • The 24th I had a white christmas with a lot of rain. The 25th had some green spots because of the rain. (I loooooove white christmas!! )

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Sadly and surprisingly, no. There's usually a perpetual state of snowiness in my area from Thanksgiving up until like, St. Patrick's Day even but it's been really mild this year.

Although last winter we had temps in the -35 Fahrenheit range and snow drifts that almost covered the chainlink fence in my backyard, so I am quite happy to not have to deal with that crap again lol. We should have had some flurries at least though for Christmas :(

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I live in Missouri. Around here the weather jumps around a lot. One day it'll be snowing, the next it'll be 45 degrees outside, so it just depends. Last year, or the year before that we had like a foot and a half of snow and had it all melt away the very next day. This year we had maybe a quarter inch all the way up until the 23rd, then the weather went up to 50 degrees. We usually get most of our snow in January.

Years
  • I've never experienced a White Christmas at all, and it's no surprise given I live in a naturally hot climate. But having your Christmas during the summer is a whole different story. I actually find summery Christmas a lot more fun than the stereotypical winter ones that happen in the US and Europe.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • It started snowing on the 26th in England so I don't know if it counts. :p

It was weird though because I was at my dad's who lives like 10 minutes away and the snow wasn't sticking and there was less off it but I come back home and it's a lot heavier. I just found that weird.

Years
  • It wasnt a white Christmas this year :/ I've experienced some in the past though. I'm not a big fan of snow though, so annoying to shovel and driving is a pain.

It was warm this Christmas though. I wish it were chilly...

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Man, I wish it would snow here. I live in Kentucky and it normally snows at least twice in December. I came home over the break and nothing. I go to school in Arkansas and it will rarely snow there, it ices more than anything...I just wish abomasnow would come over here and give me some snow dammit.

Years
  • I was more surprised that it wasn't snowing this year on Christmas day - and even more so that it was warm enough (relatively) that I could have gone without a coat if I desired. I still would have been a bit chilled, but I could have done it.

I don't mind. After last winter, I don't mind if we end up having a warmer one this year. Or at least one without a bunch of snow around.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • It was 70 degrees and storming here on Christmas Eve, and it was still like in the 50s on Christmas Day. :|

I would love to see a White Christmas. I don't ever recall having one (although I'm pretty sure it has happened here since I've been alive, and I know there was an ice storm on Christmas Eve one year when I was fairly young). We've had at least two times when we've had a blizzard come through on December 26, but that doesn't really count.

Most of our snow here happens in January-March, if we get any - last year we got dumped on and it's supposedly going to be worse this year, but with the mild winter we've had so far I'll be surprised if it happens.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • We had a grey, somewhat rainy snowless Christmas here this year :(

We had an ice storm here same time last year, and as inconvenient as that was... damn did that ever make everything pretty and Christmassy

Back