• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Level 100 Training Tips?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2014
    Hey, I'm new to this forum. I'm currently playing Crystal, and I'm training my Feraligatr to level 100. Any training spots besides going through the Elite 4 over and over again? It is quite tedious.

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • it has been a long time since i've played gen 2, but i vaguely remember where a few things are. is mount silver any good for you right now? i am aware that you have the restriction of having to beat a bunch of stuff and collect all 16 badges before being permitted entrance. it is worth a shot i *think*, since it is technically, absolute end-game, along with Ash (Ahem) Red.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    You can try switching it up with Red and the Viridian trainer house (if you can get a stronger team in there), but that will probably just cost you more time. I did a lot of training on the route right outside Mt. Silver, though that's probably slower than just challenging the Elite Four. You don't have to put up with dialogue, there, though, which is nice. Other than that, the Elite Four is, sadly, one of your better options.

Do you have Stadium 2? If so, you can unlock 2x and 3x speed for GSC, which would help you out a bit (or at least decrease the tedium).

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    I know this sounds bad , and immoral but , what I did to get pokemon to level 100 quick without directly cheating for one or rare candies was use the code to increase all enemies to level 100 and grind in mount silver

I mean it makes more sense to get the maximum experience for each k/o that you can obtain , especially if you need your team emeber for prime cup in stadium2 (which takes enough attempts to beat without cheating for max stats/using cheap teams full of ubers)

and in g/s you get the beauty of the experience of a lv100 but the stats are still that of the (example of a poke from outside mt silver) lv 44 dodrio still making it no harder to fight them

beware , in crystal your opponents will have lv100 stats aswell as exp

or a lucky egg?

or you could go even thurver and wild modify everything to snorlaxes(they give the most exp)

I got my shark for £4.99 new on amazon for the celebi event in crystal really but I thought of using it for the training speedups seeing I may aswell use it for something seeing I paid for it, rather then it gathering dust

I wont lie I handed out every pokemon I own their nypc event moves so my rapidash can now double kick gravellers to hell and back before they explode on me lol

and before you think low of me for doing this , think , theirs like 120 difrent families/evolution lines andyour expected to catch em all or put em all in the h/o/f in stadium2 to fully complete stadium modes , I mean seriously how is one expected to get the relevant experience to get every one to level 100 (im a completionist so I feel like I have to do this especially where I have added otherwise non obtainable moves/gottena nice pink celebi now)

maybe you should think about it too , an im sure you'd appreciate not having to win millions of battles just to afford the vits to max out stat exp whilst your their for your team ? am I right ? I mean you surely must of , like me played countless hours on g/s/c amongst other games , pokemon themed so surely you deserve (especially in the brutal johto training environment giving little to no exp) a bit of help with that?

also if you want to look at more legit methods , try putting your pokes you wana train in stadium2 and restarting so they get boosted exp , and or if you have the other versions train it their (unless it knows return ofc and you don't have a shark to reset its happieness to max already that is)

if you don't have nother game you can always mod the guy/girls id number so it gets boosted exp , these are what helped me level everything so I could evolve every specie in my current collection on my 6 gbc carts

p.s , anybody from London near Essex , I know a shop that repairs g/s/c batteries for £2 , hope you get their soon (lv 100)

all the best

Back