• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: "no email notification" not working?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I have my thread subscription settings on my user control panel set to "no email notification", which as I understand it lets me auto-subscribe to thread I post in so they show up on my user CP, but it will not also send a notification to my email account. Despite having this setting though, I still get emails for thread notifications. Is there something broken with this or am I not understanding what it does or what? Am I the only one this is happening to?

edit:this is new too when did this get here:
    8F9iOvR.png

Last edited:

test_account

for all that is broken, I am the test.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2019
    I have tested this and find it is operating as designed.

When you select no notifications it sets the default subscribe to off and if you want to subscribe and receive notification, you need to opt-in in the post itself. You will get email notices for every opt-in thread you have chose.

[edit] that no email thing you screen-caped has been on the system since at least vB (the software we use) ver 3.

yes its a bit confusing if you've never or rarely use forums and there may be changes coming to how it works on the future.. until then, only opt-in to important to you threads so as to limit your notification email.

Back