• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I doubt the slow news of January and February can last up till may. I wholly believe March would be the last one or at least somewhat dull, with April onwards being massive info dumps. Something tells me there is a lot to cover, which is why we heard about them so early.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm at least hoping that March would be the last month of everything progressing so slowly! The more information we get, the more we can further speculate on instead of the same topics going around in a circle every time. D: Let's hope that it'll be something of good substance, like the starter evolutions. That'll get people talking for months.

Good news is that March is 2 days away, so hopefully we'll get some new information sooner than later. And I'd be happy just seeing the second stage of the starters at this point. If I had to guess what's going to be released though, it's going to be another Eeveelution. They've come in pairs after the original 3 came out, so it'd make sense for their to be another one.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Good news is that March is 2 days away, so hopefully we'll get some new information sooner than later. And I'd be happy just seeing the second stage of the starters at this point. If I had to guess what's going to be released though, it's going to be another Eeveelution. They've come in pairs after the original 3 came out, so it'd make sense for their to be another one.

We do usually see info by... I think the 15th of each month, so by March 15th we'd see leaks? Then again, it's only a guess, so... I'd love to see more pokemon and more evolutions myself~ As well as the new rival(s) and the new professor.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If there is another eeveelution, let's just hope it won't be a pain to figure out it's type like it was with Sylveon. XD Everyone has their eyes peeled out for Sylveon's possible type, and I honestly think it's pretty obvious but it's going to catch people way off-guard at the same time.

Since the last CoroCoro didn't leave any space for another, theres a really good chance we only get 1 new Eevee Evolution. I know I'm just repeating myself, but we don't have to have more than one show up. If Sylveon is Dragon Typed, the chances its the only new one is really high. If another type the chances lower, but since CoroCoro didn't leave any other hints and the fact that Sylveon is being showcased by itself is a pretty good show that its the last one for now at least. Though if Dragon, pretty sure its the last one altogether until a new type comes in.

Also pretty good chance that if Normal, its the final since Eevee would have found its original evolution method/final evolution method.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm at least hoping it's the last new eeveelution for this generation, we have too many and I think that, assuming that Jolteon has found its "other half" so to speak, that there wouldn't be any more space for any more eeveelutions, which probably means the eeveelution line is finally done, unless GF manages to figure out some way to squeeze a new one in there, somehow. @_@ /run-on sentence.
I don't agree with that pattern of counterparts mentioned, Gen 2 introduced two types that had little to do with the first three type advantage or disadvantage wise. They could do the same here too.

Years
But they were counterparts of each other, which made sense. And then Gen IV Introduced Leafeon and Glaceon, which were also counterparts of each other, but at the same time, Leafeon and Glaceon both fit right in perfectly, because Flareon is super-effective against both of them, while Leafeon is good against Vaporeon and Glaceon is good against Leafeon, etc.
In that case they could always add two types, one that's Rock and one that's Flying (Sylveon is likely to be this) as Rock and Flying can be considered opposites.

Years
Except Flying already has a technical opposite: Electric. And Jolteon is electric, which is super-effective against Sylveon, assuming that it's flying. XD So Rock would be unnecessary.
Well Leafoen wasn't necessary than as Flareon can be considered the opposite of Vaporeon. Really this whole opposite thing is silly (and I'm one who tends to think of silly ideas trust me).

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Except Flying already has a technical opposite: Electric. And Jolteon is electric, which is super-effective against Sylveon, assuming that it's flying. XD So Rock would be unnecessary.

I guess that'd make sense too, since then we'd have an even number of Eeveelutions and they'd all have a pair. Who knows, I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd just be happy with the region name at this point honestly, anything else would be icing on the cake

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Something i want to ask, why do people believe that if Sylveon is Normal, it would be the Final eveelution ?
That doesn't make sense to me. Eevee evolves in accordance with it's surrounding. I presume, the Normal type evolution will be a result of eevee adapting in a city. Since there is nothing to alter it's DNA, it just evolves like other pokemons.
How does that stop from being more eevelutions ? Lets just say, There is a NuclearPower Plant somewhere in the Pokeworld and the Radioactive wastes can alter Eeves DNA to turn it into a Poison type. Besides, in Pokeworld all Eevelutions already exist. It's not like Glaceon or Umbreon were 'discovered' after Vaporeon and group. Thus, the order by which they are revealed in the games means little to nothing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Something i want to ask, why do people believe that if Sylveon is Normal, it would be the Final eveelution ?
That doesn't make sense to me. Eevee evolves in accordance with it's surrounding. I presume, the Normal type evolution will be a result of eevee adapting in a city. Since there is nothing to alter it's DNA, it just evolves like other pokemons.
How does that stop from being more eevelutions ? Lets just say, There is a NuclearPower Plant somewhere in the Pokeworld and the Radioactive wastes can alter Eeves DNA to turn it into a Poison type. Besides, in Pokeworld all Eevelutions already exist. It's not like Glaceon or Umbreon were 'discovered' after Vaporeon and group. Thus, the order by which they are revealed in the games means little to nothing.

Actually Espeon and Umbreon were discovered after the Johto Games came to be. Those evolutions were "Newly Discovered" when the games originally came out, same with Glaceon and Leafeon, both were methods that were "newly Discovered".

Sylveon's evolution is going to be a "Newly Discovered" evolution. Method and all. Eevee is a Pokemon most researchers test because of its ability to evolve. The reason most think its going to be the last: Dragon, there are as of today only 8 Special Types. Water, Electric, Fire, Dark, Psychic, Grass, Ice, and Dragon. All of the other types are Physical. Eevee has only been able to evolve into the 8 Special types sans Dragon so far. If Normal, Eevee evolving Normal to Normal indicates that its true evolution has been found meaning they've gone through all possible testings and finally found the last possible evolution to Eevee.

Both are coincidental and speculation, but based on what we know, they are more solid final conclusions despite what a majority of fans want. Its never been stated that Eevee is supposed to get all 17 types, and they can add types a few generations down, if they don't add to this generation.

We've never had Eevee Evolution hype before, so this is a huge first for a lot, and it is a very broad and seemingly touchy subject from what I've seen all around the internet. I fall in with final IF and ONLY IF Dragon or Normal.

Mujahid

Years
I don't think you understood me. In the Pokeworld, All eevelutions have existed for a long time. Just like pokemons like Magnezone, Rhyperior, Magmortar etc. The fact that we got them in later generations doesn't mean the 'Pokeworld' discovered them later.

Also, i don't think people actually perform 'tests' on eeve. It has a special DNA that can alter under the influence of various Stimuli. Don't you think an eevee from Kanto would have evolved in Umbreon/Espeon in the past? What i meant to say is, if we get a Normal eevelution it doesn't mean that it's the final eevelution.
In the 'pokeworld' it would have existed for the same amount of time as other eevelutions. And so would the other eevelutions if they are to be revealed.

Another point, what do you mean by 'True' evolution ? Why is Normal it's 'true' evolution ? The way i see it, eeve evolves into a Normal type when there is nothing to alter it's DNA . Then, it just evolves like other pokemons.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think you understood me. In the Pokeworld, All eevelutions have existed for a long time. Just like pokemons like Magnezone, Rhyperior, Magmortar etc. The fact that we got them in later generations doesn't mean the 'Pokeworld' discovered them later.

Also, i don't think people actually perform 'tests' on eeve. It has a special DNA that can alter under the influence of various Stimuli. Don't you think an eevee from Kanto would have evolved in Umbreon/Espeon ? What i meant to say is, if we get a Normal eevelution it doesn't mean that it's the final eevelution.
In the 'pokeworld' it would have existed for the same amount of time as other eevelutions. And so would the other eevelutions if they are to be revealed.
You did not read what I said. In the Pokemon World, "They discovered" when new Generations came out. Yes they "discover" new evolutions. They've stated that in the games, though two "discoveries" were errataed in the remakes. Still the main games have had their scientists say that they "Discovered" the evolutions. They "Discover" evolutions every new Generation. So even though they have existed for x amount of years, they have gone unnoticed for a great deal until found and dubbed by Scientists in the Pokemon World.

Also Magmortor, Electabuzz, and all Pokemon that need Trade with Human made objects are artifical evolutions. They would have never evolved without a scientist discovering how to evolve them in such ways. Even Porygon which is a Human made Pokemon received artificial evolutions which were dubbed as upgrades to Porygon's coding.

Magnemite is also an Artificial Pokemon as its one that wouldn't have existed without human interference. It evolution was discovered for Magnezone.

In Real Life we are still discovering new life forms that may have existed for hundreds of thousands of years before we found them.

So to end it, Yes because we got them later means that they were "Discovered" at the point and time they were introduced. There will be "Newly Discovered" evolutions in the coming game, Sylveon included. And possible "newly discovered" evolutions every generation after that.

Mujahid

Years
That assumption clashes with what we have seen. In Arceus and the Jewel of Life , we see Bronzong, Probopass, and other later geneation pokemons at a time even before Pokeballs. In The Lucario movie, there are Steelix in the past. In Pokemon4ever, young Professor Oak sees Bellosom,sneasel and Houndoom. I can only give examples from Anime because games haven't had a 'past' theme yet. IF in a future game, there is plot involving time travel,i am pretty sure there will be new pokemons there.
Also,I find it hard to believe not a single eevee in Kanto had max happiness and evolved in the past. Same goes for other pokemons that gained evolutions later. It's "We" who disover the evolutions. The 'Pokeworld' already knows about them.

EDIT :Also in FR/LG you see Kanto trainers using pokemons from second and Third generaton. Same goes for HG/SS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Discovering them DOES NOT MEAN THEY DID NOT EXIST.

Anime references to back up your claim. Good job. Oh, hey look, they never say when they discover anything in the anime! Whoo out of context help is so helpful.

FR/LG = Remake. Hoenn Pokemon appear AFTER the main Story. So in the NON-CANON part of the game extra Pokemon appear. Who would have ever heard of that! OMG its so unheard of! O=

You totally don't go through an entire game without ever seeing any of those other Pokemon that appear in what is possible a Different Regional area. Not to mention that they were already discovered in R/S which is most likely in the same time space as R/B if not close to it.

Try reading this now, they have to be DISCOVERED to be logged into the Regional Pokedex. DISCOVERED DOES NOT MEAN THEY DID NOT EXIST BEFORE BEING FOUND.

Oh look I found a dinosaur bone. Dinosaurs totally didn't exist before I found this! Oh look a new species of cat that has existed in this area for ages that is newly discovered for the rest of the world. They certainly didn't exist before I found them...

Oh look Mew! We discovered traces of a Pokemon called Mew. It totally didn't exist until I found this fossil to try and clone.

Newly Discovered means that it has been found, scientifically studied and cataloged. It does not mean it did not exist before hand. Although excluding Remakes as they are off timeframes/alternate worlds, NO they did NOT exist before those generations. Even in the Anime if you want to go that far. Until pre-development debut or until their generation is released, no they do not officially exist. There currently is no way to Evolve Eevee into Sylveon until we find out how when the games release if the Movie does like it usually does and doesn't follow game Canon.

Steelix have been shown in the wild in the games in an area called Iron Island. Which is possibly the area where they make Metal Coat. There are many other Artificial Pokemon that do not exist in the wild or were created much later in time. Though when they were created and when they were discovered may differ as both don't have to be at the same time.

FR/LG/HG/SS Errata (rewrite) some small details that were within the games speech to complement the other games that were already out. Despite being able to get Eevee in FR/LG, it cannot evolve by happiness in said game and has to be moved to R/S/E or transfered to a Gen 4 game. Espeon/Umbreon's evolution method doesn't exist in FR/LG. This is only because they kept the games close to the originals and since R/B/G didn't have an internal clock, neither do the remakes. So we cannot argue additions to the remakes since they are based off of the events of the originals only slightly altered.

That said, you also cannot get Leafeon or Glaceon in HG/SS despite their evolution method being available in D/P/Pt. This again is because that method did not exist in those original games. While the Pokemon may exist, their methods of evolution were not discovered in the original games so their methods of evolutions do not exist in the remakes. Same to be said with Magneton and Nosepass.

Mujahid

Years
*Sigh*
Lets go through this again, shall we. My Point was That if Sylveon turns out to be Normal type. It doesn't mean that we can not get another eevelution. In another Region, there may exist some Stimuli that can alter eevees DNA. It's similar to the scenario of Glaceon and Leafeon. Since they don't have the required Stimuli in Kanto/Johto , they can not be acquired there.

Now let me quote you , "If Normal, Eevee evolving Normal to Normal indicates that its true evolution has been found meaning they've gone through all possible testings and finally found the last possible evolution to Eevee."
This is where i disagree. Why does Normal have to be the last possible evolution ? A Normal evolution indicates that There was no External stimulus present to alter it's DNA and Thus it evolved Naturally, Just like any other Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
*Sigh*
Lets go through this again, shall we. My Point was That if Sylveon turns out to be Normal type. It doesn't mean that we can not get another eevelution. In another Region, there may exist some Stimuli that can alter eevees DNA. It's similar to the scenario of Glaceon and Leafeon. Since they don't have the required Stimuli in Kanto/Johto , they can not be acquired there.

Now let me quote you , "If Normal, Eevee evolving Normal to Normal indicates that its true evolution has been found meaning they've gone through all possible testings and finally found the last possible evolution to Eevee."
This is where i disagree. Why does Normal have to be the last possible evolution ? A Normal evolution indicates that There was no External stimulus present to alter it's DNA and Thus it evolved Naturally, Just like any other Pokemon.

The reason behind it, Eevee is already Normal typed. If they go ahead with a Normal Typed Evolution, its a red flag in the mind that Game Freak is done with evolving Eevee. Normal is the last type anyone expects or wants Eevee to evolve into. If its a Natural Evolution, which to be honest, happiness evolution, although conditioned, is also a "Normal" method of evolution, then what need is there for more supplementary evolutions? If you found the real way to finish, why continue on with finding other roads to take you to the same destination?

The first thing they would test would be all other known elements to find an evolution with that element's affinity. Once those have been exhausted, you move to the last possible which would be the same type as Eevee already has that affinity.

Though based on the info given about the short, there IS going to be a stimulus. Even with a stimulus, if Sylveon is Normal its a good, goodbye to possible future Eevee Evolutions, unless they go further and evolve Sylveon as well repeating all the past types.

Mujahid

Years
In my Opinion, If they Do a Normal type,it would have to do with "Refreshing things up" rather than Ending the eevee Story. Pokemon isn't ending anytime soon and So isn't eevees Popularity. I actually see an Eevelution of every Type, even though i don't like that fact. And That stands even if Sylveon is Normal. I honestly don't think GF believes in the whole idea of 'Endng it with a Normal type'.
Lets agree to Disagree then:)

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Im all for Sylveon being a flying type. But i have come up with an interesting idea for how i could see a normal type eeveelution popping up. How about this. In Black and White 2, we had DNA splicers, and X and Y could have a more direct genetics theme (going from the names). Eevee is an evolution pokemon, who i would see as having very unstable DNA, reacting to many different things around it to eviolve in different ways. How about the introduction of an item like "DNA stabiliser", which, when held by/put near Eevee, will do just what it suggests - stabilises the DNA, allowing it to evolve normally like any other pokemon, leading to a normal type eeveelution?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Things here have gone pretty far off from just talking about CoroCoro as of late, and I feel like this thread has really worn out its welcome. Something I've decided to do in order to prevent topics from other threads overlapping here is to allow each issue of CoroCoro that comes out every month to be given its own thread. Just as how this thread originally began as the CoroCoro discussion for the month of January (and February). I remember it was done like this during the news days of HeartGold and SoulSilver as well as for Black and White, and it worked out pretty well and was a lot easier to manage.

All that being said, I'm going to close this now. However, you can carry on the discussion of Sylveon over in the thread, "All Things Sylveon." And whenever the time comes for March's issue of CoroCoro to leak online, it can have its own thread. Sound good to you guys? Huzzah!

[ Locked ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back