• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Feebas

Years
  • I did catch Feebas in Emerald a few years ago, and I hadn't spent a long amount of time on the same spot, no. What I did was go around the stream on that route and use the Super Rod on each bordering spot a couple times until I would get my hands on it, and then catch some.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe I have, sadly.

Have spent countless amount of hours trying to search for Pokémon in Emerald, if I recall, but to no avail. Feebas was one, big reason as to why I stopped trying to finishing my Hoenn PokéDex; if it weren't for that, I definitely would have completed it. It was such a frustrating experience. One of my friends had two of them, but unfortunately, she couldn't give any to me, as none of us had link-cable at the time.

Years later when I played the game on my computer via emulator, then was I finally able to encounter this Pokémon.

Years
  • I never caught one, because the process was so fiddly and it's one of the most annoying methods to obtain a Pokemon ever. I really hope OR/AS doesn't retain the method because it was annoying as heck already.

pkmin3033

I have caught precisely one Feebas over the years, on Emerald. It currently resides on my copy of X, now a Milotic, and I use it for breeding if I want another one for a dex entry in another game. It took me about sixteen hours to catch it, spaced out over four days, and I am never, EVER going after another wild one again. EVER. I remember sitting in a chair for the entire afternoon, stopping only for lunch breaks, fishing. Not in the least bit fun.

Demynnfire

~ the loveliest ~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    I couldn't bring myself to catch one, ever. But since I always liked Milotic, and wanted one too I had to resort on cheats...
    Hell I might try and catch one after all these long years ^^

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I tried forever and failed it seemed completely impossible and wasnt worth it. It literally drove me CRAZY!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I spent entirely too long on that hopeless venture and eventually just borrowed a friend's Feebas for the Dex entry. -_-

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • A Feebas at RSE? Well guess how. All I did was fish at a random tile, and boom a Feebas appeared.

I swear that's what happened. I have no idea about the 6 tiles thing, and I actually stumbled upon a Feebas tile by accident. The poor thing never evolved though.

Years
  • Pretty much the worst part of Gen III. I spent days before I got one, but after i did i felt a huge sense of accomplishment so there is that. I think i still have him somewhere in Black II. I should probably transfer it but haven't been bothered. For me, it's more of a trophy than everything. Easily the most difficult capture i have ever experienced.

Years
  • It actually wasn't hard at all for me to catch mine. Only took an hour or so at most and I was on my way to Feebas-catching glory. Ended up with around 2 boxes of them, some of which I gave away to a friend. Remember how proud I was to find all those Feebas. 8]

DespicableArceus

Praise the God of Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Well Actually me too, i just gave up on the feebas. Might try to encounter that again soon. Juz Pray that ORAS doesn't comes up with the same thing

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I caught my Feebas in Emerald, and kept fishing for a female of the right nature to evolve into Milotic. They were only on one tile, if I recall.
    Getting Feebas to be "beautifull" was a bit tricky. Had to use another copy of Emerald to get two high level berries, scince all the internal batteries were dead. Used every berry and barely got it to evolve xD
    She was the last one I needed to complete my National Dex on Emerald and Hoenn Dex on Ruby. Sapphire I didn't bother with the dex lol too much trading :C

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Maybe i just was so confused on where to find it i was hopelessly lost haha

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Oh dear, yes, I know how agonizing this Feebas-thing can be :P I remember changing the Trendy Phrase as soon as I arrived Dewford everyday or something, hoping to catch a Feebas by the time I got to Route 119 :)

Luckily for me, in Emerald, I managed to find a Feebas quite soon when fishing with my Good Rod on the spot of land (right-bottom of the waterfall). I wasn't even expecting it, but I was really happy I can asure you! ^_^ I caught a bunch, and evolved the best one into a Milotic, she was awesome. I still have that same Milotic today! :3 This kinda makes me wonder though, if this same concept of catching a Feebas will return in ORAS...

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • The thing that I like regarding these Feebas shenanigans is that once you find the spot, you can literally farm Feebas and trade them away for much more valuable Pokemon/Items, due to a 50% chance of finding Feebas on the right spot. The downside though, is that it's very easy to miss a spot because of the 50% encounter rate. I remember going through Route 119 twice, and found that I missed the spot on the second time because even after fishing five times on that spot, no Feebas.

As cliche and probably unhelpful this answer may be, it's that you need a whole lot of patience and time. I'd also suggest fishing minimum 7 times on each spot, if you really want to be sure and doubt RNG. It shouldn't take you longer than a few hours at best with decent enough luck, at least for me. Good luck, though, and it's definitely possible! ^~^

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I did it in Sapphire when I was trying to complete my Hoenn dex over the summer. I don't remember how long it took, but I do know that any time after that if I wanted to use Feebas/Milotic, I bred what I had, haha. I wasn't about to go fish again.

I got very lucky and netted a modest female Feebas my first time. I didn't realize until way later that some natures won't even evolve into Milotic with the full beauty rating. Crazy!

Years
  • I've caught a feebas on my Sapphire and Emerald version but never got it to evolve into a Milotic. I spent a ton of hours trying to make perfect Pokeblock to get it to evolve and it never happened :\

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • I've caught a feebas on my Sapphire and Emerald version but never got it to evolve into a Milotic. I spent a ton of hours trying to make perfect Pokeblock to get it to evolve and it never happened :\

That was a mistake I made. Instead of trying to make that perfect Pokeblock which will cost you your soul, or something greater, focus on making small beauty-boosting Pokeblocks - your eventual goal is to max out the beauty stat, after all. I learnt it the hard way.

Back