• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Titans: Reborn [Sign ups open]

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Hmmmm...the name longshot is suggestive of bow and arrows, makes sense to go for Test of Skill for Harper then then ;)

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I'll have Helen for Trial of Skill since I like the people there. If not, let's aim for Strength since I can show how OP she is there.

*goes back into hole until next GM post*

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Given the balance issue I saw, I will actually hop on Trial of Strength. Sorry for the confusion.

Years
I think Star would be best suited for the Trial of Will. I also think she would do terribly in the Test of Strength, but her friend Quantum is there so...

Test of Strength!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
so, if I counted correctly, it's 5 : 4 : 4 : 3 / Wit : Will : Strength : Skill

I don't know why I haven't already chosen lol, so I'll go with Trial of Skill for Mai.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
So hey, this thing isn't dead yet, I'm just slow and have no internet. Trying to make custom trials was taking way too long, so after getting some player input I decided to alter things just a bit.

Regarding Trials:

You will make your way to one of these locations-

- The roof of a skyscraper in the heart of downtown, where Quantum is waiting,
- The outskirts of Zephyr Forest, in the Outlands, where you'll find Longshot is perched.
- A run-down little coffee shop in Old Town is where you can find Reverb sitting.
- Evergreen will be lounging in a chair soaking up sunlight on the Cape Royale shoreline.

There, in each location, you will find a member of the resistance waiting for you. They'll give you a small object that resembles a metal bracelet, and explain that it's a newer version of the transceiver device the Champions used to communicate.

tranciever.jpg

Your very own transceiver 2.0!

However, upon putting on this device, a blinding blue light flashes, and your character is seemingly transported to an entirely different location. The resistance member is no longer there either. However, there is another person present, and they don't look happy to see you. This superpowered character attacks yours, and you must now defend yourself.

For those looking to understand all this seemingly disjointed and unrelated nonsense, here's what actually happens. Your character is teleported to a military-grade training simulation room, which is programmed to simulate a superpowered duel with your character. The opponents are robotic decoys, the room is made up of shifting digital panels. Both of these can simulate their chosen target well enough that your startled character will not recognize a difference between it and the real thing. In some cases, such as the trial of will, the simulation may even seem to know things from directly from the character's minds. In any case, one might wonder how even advanced technology could create such a realistic experience, Well, in a universe filled with many individuals with special powers, little is impossible.

598183217_4ecbb90b_EMC_Compliance_1.JPG

a glimpse of the training room after deactivation

The opponent you face and the environment the fight takes place in will depend on your character and the trial you chose.

Trial of Strength: You will be facing some of the toughest opponents the simulator can muster. These metas hit hard, and can take some serious damage.
Trial of Skill: You're up against someone/something you're weak against. Whether it be a terrain you can barely fight in, or an opponent who's powers are your weakness, or possibly two enemies at once.
Trial of Will: You will be facing none other than a copy of yourself as your opponent. The environment might be someplace you're familiar with, like a workplace or home. You know that this other you can't be real, but they seem to have your powers, and they know you a little too well.
Trial of Wit: As you go to face your assailant, you realize your powers aren't working. Something must be nullifying them. Find a way to beat your opponent without your abilities.

Opponents:

(Opponents are chosen here. You trial may specify or limit what kind of opponent you may choose to go with. In addition to this list, you may also come up with your own opponent, or choose to fight a sim version of another player's character, assuming you clear it with me.)
Spoiler:

Your character has many ways they could react to this situation, and there are many possibilities to how things play out. Maybe your character overcomes their opponent, maybe they concede defeat, or maybe they come up with another way to beat the odds. This is a way for you to show what your character is capable of in a fight against a superpowered opponent, albeit in a way that they are actually pushed to rely on more than their abilities alone.

Robot_Hologram_zps85047358.jpg

Whoa, it was just a robot?

Regardless of how your trial goes, after the simulation terminates your character will be teleported back to their previous location. Only time will tell id they've impressed the resistance enough to become a member... (in the mean time you guys don't have to wait for me to tell you to do stuff, go do whatever your character does)

Oh, and as for Quantum and Ren, ya'll need to message me, I have something different in mind for them, for obvious reasons. Shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

----------

Invariably, you guys will introduce important non-player characters that are relevant to the plot. If you would like to post a sheet for them here in the OOC to give everyone more information, feel free to use this template.

Spoiler:

To illustrate this, why not start with some of the resistance members you'll be meeting with?

Reverb
Spoiler:

Longshot
Spoiler:

You should know where to find the sheets for Quantum and Evergreen.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

Shatter

Brief Description:
Once a young ninja hailing from the Shinohana Clan of Japan, Shatter was possessed by a demon when he made a pact to obtain a great and unholy power. He travels the World eternally, searching for opponents worthy of his blade, killing anyone and anything that gets in his way. He's insane, dangerous and excessively violent. Resistance members should avoid him at all costs. He seems to work with the meta-force, but only to a certain extent, as the remains he leaves behind are often too horrific for even their standards.

Powers/Abilities/Weapons:
Shatter is capable of short range teleportation in a localized space, he is also capable of melding perfectly into shadows and traversing said shadows for as long as they stretch outwards. He is an incredibly dangerous opponent during the night, as anywhere where the moonlight doesn't hit grants him free range teleportation on a potentially city wide scale. He's very skilled with the serrated claws he carries on each hand... and he seems to be able to charge these weapons with shadowy energy for enchanted slashes the likes of which leave cuts and gashes that take significantly longer to heal unless dealt with using superhuman energies to heal. He also seems to carry a pair of single blade Katanas, though he only draws this for direct and honorable combat against an opponent he deems as worthy of his talents.

Last point of contact:
Shatter was last seen during a confrontation between the man in question and The Renegade in Tokyo, Japan. He has been MIA since then, however is believed to still be active in Hyperia.

Years
Hey guys! I'm back! Sort of...as in I'm sorry I disappeared ?????? I didn't really mean to, but I did. This may have already been decided, but I'm gonna drop out for the sake of me being like a month behind. Have fun guys!

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
GM Update Incoming:

Alright guys, we've been going pretty slow lately, but I'm hoping we can kick things back into gear. That said, let's get this next part out of the way first.
---
Spoiler:
Ya'll still haven't gotten to your trials yet, and I haven't heard from you about what you plan on doing or if you're even still around. If you do not respond to me via PM or OOC post, I'm going to have to kick you from the RP.
---
Spoiler:
Ya'll haven't finished your trial posts yet, but have talked to me about where you're currently at, to some degree. Do your best to get those posts in, and don't hesitate to shoot me a message if you have any questions!
---
Naku and Alvey have dropped, unless they suddenly reappear and inform me otherwise.

The rest of you have been good little RPers and have finished your trial/mission posts. Good job!

Now, with that out of the way, let's get to the good part: wrapping up the prologue so we can move on to the Act One!

---

A post has been made in the IC detailing how your characters have been teleported back out of the trial simulation. They then receive a text-based transmission from an anonymous source on the transciever, telling them to travel to a new "base of operations". As you may expect, your characters are going to be entering the resistance HQ.

On first glance, however, it doesn't seem like much. A small downtown building that's supposedly a law firm's office ('Cooper and Hawkes, Attorneys at Law' is what the nameplate reads, in case you were wanting to get specific). Inside is a blonde-haired secretary sitting in a standard, cozy lobby. (Returning characters might remember her as 'Amanda' from the original Titans). Regardless of whether the connection is made, your character should mention that they have an appointment, and she'll pleasantly direct you to the stairwell, which she suggests that your character take to the bottom floor. One level below, in a basement-like area, is a sturdy, locked door with an electronic lock on it. This unlocks when your character passes their transceiver over it, leading into an elevator. This has only two buttons, up and down, which your character should end up taking 'down', and discovering the true resistance base.

The base itself is a large, underground compound where the resistance itself has set up shop. A some areas are more well lit and developed than others, and you may notice and explore rooms such as the main corridor, a science and technology lab area, the training sim room you had fought in earlier, a gym-like physical training section, other amenities, and much, much more. Feel free to ask about may or may not be in the base, because I'm happy to take suggestions. I'll see if I can get a more complete description up soon, when I'm not strapped for time as I am today.

The resistance NPCs you met earlier will be there, as will the PCs once they make their return. Some conversation might be in order.

In addition to all this, you may speaking to any of the resistance leaders may cause them to mention missions or training to keep your character active. This is something I'm going to do on a first-come first-serve basis, as I don't want to post an entire board of missions while a significant chunk of players still needs to complete their actual trial. So come see me if your ready for another task!

When all the characters have either finished their trials, dropped, or made other arrangements with me, we'll begin chapter one with a bang ;D

Hope ya'll are still as hype for this as I am, since the fun is just starting. Let me know if I've left anything out or been unclear.

Titans away!

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
may have messed up by having a post but maybe asap was after a nap and a bit of trouble haha <3

Oddball_

Years
Giron and shadow monster person lady HYPE!
Wheres baerites and gross clone girl at tho <3

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Hey, sorry for my absence! I thought I'd come in and mention I'm not in this RP anymore. I don't know if that was assumed already, as I got left out of the notifications and stuff. Seems to me an official drop-out is nicer than just disappearing, though, haha. Good luck with continuing the RP, y'all! As for my character, he can probably retire and get the peace he craved anyway. Feel free to use the NPCs I created, though, if there's need/interest for them!

Oddball_

Years
Can we drop a nuke on him before he retires? Preferably a week before? I mean he'd survive but still

Back