• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon announced!

blue

gucci
Years
  • logo.png

Nintendo has announced Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon for 3DS. The latest installment in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, the game is due out this fall in Japan, this winter in North America, and spring 2016 in Europe.

Full article

How do you feel about this announcement? I personally love the Mystery Dungeon series, so I'm excited about this one!

Release Dates
    • Japan - September 17, 2015
    • North America - November 20, 2015
    • Europe - Early 2016
    • Australia - Early 2016

Last edited:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    spring 2016 in Europe
    God dammit, I thought we were past this already.
    Anyway, I was never too much of a fan of the Mystery Dungeon games but I'll probably give it a try one it comes out. I played Blue Rescue Team and the demo for Gates to Infinity before, I just hope you'll actually be able to choose what pokémon you wanna be and for the selection to not suck like in Gates to Infinity.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm glad that there's another PMD that will be released soon. In fact, I was starting to worry if PMD will be dropped until now c: I hope that it will have more Pokémon, nicer story, and I hope it's not Free-To-Start type of game.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Mystery Dungeon continues! It was about time.
    The Mystery Dungeon series is great, it has a lot more story than the regular games and an unique gameplay. As a Dungeons and Dragons player and Pokémon fan I simply love it.

Sadly there's another year to go as a European. And then there's the other detail I don't own a 3DS. :/

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I loved the PMD games up until Explorers of Sky, and I was let down big time by Gates to Infinity, so I hope this game will be great!

Here are my hopes for the game:
    -Sold in real life stores
    -A good story
    -All Pokemon available
    -Unlimited storage space
    -A good chunk of starters (I don't care about the personality quiz, just give me something like ~20 starters)
    -Interesting villains

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Pokémon Super Hype Dungeon

I'm a little bit let down, but still excited for this to come out! Hopefully it will be a lot better than Gates to Infinity, and please no pay to play </3

Pay to play as in you have to buy the game to play it?

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    That term is pretty confusing when I think about it. I meant micro transactions, I think those words work a bit better. Think of Rumble World and Shuffle.

Oh I see. I did away with Rumble World because of that. I definitely think that it'll be in cartridge form/available online for $40 in the USA.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    That term is pretty confusing when I think about it. I meant micro transactions, I think those words work a bit better. Think of Rumble World and Shuffle.

I think that is called Freemium.

PMD is my favorite series. I adored Explorers of Sky. I hope this will be a full game, and not a free to play one as people seem to suspect. The localization time is really disappointing, but I'll put up with it if it means another PMD.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I am intriged, I love the franchise and hope this is better then GTI. And I doubt this is microtransactions game as it be nearky impossible to do. If they even did it would be like Rumble world where you can only pay 30 dollars and then you can't buy past that.

Years
  • I think they would've said if it were another freemium game like Shuffle or Rumble World. I'm not sure how something like that would even work with a Mystery Dungeon game.

Anyway, hooray another spin-off game I probably wont be playing.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Well, at least we got something "tangible" for the 'hyped' May 21st, 2015 Pokemon announcement. In any case, it seems like one "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon" game per Pokemon generation is encouraged..

I haven't played much of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (left off at an unfinished Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team), so I'm not as enthused as I would be about a Pokemon core series game announcement, but the concept of "Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon" is welcomed. However, it would have been nice to explore some other potential spin-off sequels like Pokemon Snap 2 or Pokemon Ranger 4, or even a brand new spin-off idea (although I guess Pokken Tournament supplants the "brand-new spinoff" concept).

Regarding the name - really? There have been good and/or decent subtitles for all of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon thus far, but "Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon" just seems incredibly lazy. Even the Japanese name doesn't have some cool "fancy-sounding/impressive" subtitle.. I will wait to see if the name is just a work in progress, but I am getting really tired of the "super-" prefix/adjective these days, as oft-used/ubiquitous(?) as it is...coming of the heels of Power Rangers Super Megaforce of the year 2014, with the upcoming "Super Dragon Ball Super" of July 2015, the adjective seems to have worn its welcome (and the adjective didn't even get used where it should have been - regarding the "New" Nintendo 3DS). In any case, it will be awkward if we just go to the "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (subtitle)" format if the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series gets another release after Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Oh, and I forgot about Super Training and Super Secret Bases (although the latter is justified in my opinion, due to alliteration FTW and the substantial additional features that made the Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire Secret Bases largely-although-not-entirely superior to the Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Secret Bases)! (/endofSuperrant)

I hope that the Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon game gets a corresponding anime special/short, as seems to be tradition with the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series.

I like how the "Mystery Dungeon" font used for the game logo of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon immediately reverted to the classic/memorable "pre-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity" font version, rather than using the font that the Gates of Infinity logo used for the words "Mystery Dungeon". {XD} Was Gates to Infinity that much of a sour taste...? In any case, both fonts are cool.

It sucks that the regional releases are staggered once again.. I know that this game is a different developmental effort from Game Freak, but a simultaneous worldwide release should've been encouraged. Let's hope that the game isn't Christmas-rushed.. Although I guess there are economic reasons to reap the boon of the potential 2015 Christmas rush from Japan and North America, I feel like the game Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon should have been delayed until 2016 (whatever the eventual Europe/Australia release date is), so that the (major?) release areas experience the game at roughly the same time (preferably, both major and minor release areas should get same-day releases, although the dates for the South Korean releases seem to be in an awkward state these days). It is 2015; I figured that we would have logistics for game release coordinated by now, so that simultaneous worldwide releases would be encouraged (and as Pokemon X and Y, Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U have generally proven, it's not like such a feat is impossible). :/

Oh, and despite the bland-sounding name/prefix/adjective/"subtitle", the game logo for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon looks amazing. {<3}

I keep on feeling like writing "Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon" and "Pokemon Mystery Super Dungeon" and "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Super"...WHYY >_>

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I do think the name super means it will be a mixed version for mystery dungeon. Maybe it expands GTI? I feel super willl be explained with release.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I'm both excited and scared for this game, I loved Explorers of Sky, but I loathed Gates to Infinity that I refused to buy it at all, namely because of how watered down it was among other reasons.

My biggest fear is that this PMD game is going to be some kind of a freemium game with "Pay Diamonds to continue/unlock dungeon/etc." because I won't even get the game if that is the case. Also is the title, "Super" Mystery Dungeon, which, while it was a common naming trend back in the SNES days, is not exactly the best of signs, since usually they had interesting names like "Explorers of Sky" and "Gates to Infinity" because it sounds a bit bland with "Super Mystery Dungeon." I just hope its a full game that fixes the problems GTI had and not some freemium pay-to-win game, since to me, those aren't real games.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Guys, they wouldn't release it in Japan first if it were a pay-to-win game, Shuffle and Rumble World were released everywhere at the same time.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • The game isn't going to be pay to play...
    Both shuffle and rumble were announced like 2 weeks before their release, this is being announced ~6 months before. For Nintendo to hype this game up for a 6 month period, only to announce it being a pay to play game, would be a pretty dick move by Nintendo. If this game had a release in about a month, then yes, I could see it being pay to play. But 6 months? Definitely not.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    The game isn't going to be pay to play...
    Both shuffle and rumble were announced like 2 weeks before their release, this is being announced ~6 months before. For Nintendo to hype this game up for a 6 month period, only to announce it being a pay to play game, would be a pretty dick move by Nintendo. If this game had a release in about a month, then yes, I could see it being pay to play. But 6 months? Definitely not.

Exactly! It wouldn't make sense to announce a pay-to-play game 6 months in advance.

Years
  • I am hoping this turns out to be a worthwhile release, with more Pokémon than GtI had what now that we have over 700. And that it lets you be female (because I know many people were disappointed by not being able to in GtI), and FIXES THE GODDAMN TEXT SPEED.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Looking forward to this game! :D
    Never bought the Gates To Infinity one 'cause, well, I didn't have a 3DS that time. >.>
    I hope there will be lots of stuff we can do in the post-game! :3

Back