• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dream Radar

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • (also I realize this is technically a spinoff but it's not really standalone and it links to BW, so!)

This was a side game that was released in the 3DS eShop along with Black 2 and White 2. It was shooting game that made use of the 3DS's AR capabilities in order to use the environment around the 3DS as the stages within the game. Any Pokemon or items caught within the game were transferrable to main series Pokemon games. Did you ever use this game to obtain the Kami trio's Therian formes? What did you think?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Nope, never used it :\ If it was free then yeah I would have definitely at least tried it out, but I'm too frugal for these kinds of things. Also the Kami Trio and its Therian forms were never that appealing to me, but I do like that the Therian forms all look different from one another compared to their regular forms.

Years
  • I never used it, likely because the fact you had to pay for it heavily discouraged me. Didn't help that I lacked a 3DS at the time of the game's release as well.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The main attractions are those Pokémon with Hidden Ability, as well as legendary Pokémon with Hidden Abilities. :) So it's worth the money. :P

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Never used it. And even if I had a 3DS, I probably wouldn't find it worth it.

Years
  • I remember getting the Dream Radar before B2W2 even released in the US, and I even played around with it a bit before I got the games for the first time. It was interesting, although sometimes I would really have to keep up with the progression on screen.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I do recall getting it at some point late after getting Pokémon X, and I'm trying to catch several Pokémon on the radar. For me, it may seem to be a tough one, but given that each Pokémon that I get will have Hidden ability make the effort worth it.

Reactions: Sun

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    This game was really so fun, I remember playing it to get the special Genies that came with it, but I don't think I've even touched it since then. Tbh, I don't even think the game is on my 3DS anymore, and I can't remember the last time I had it on my 3DS... :x

In all honesty, I think the new Pokémon Go game is going to play a lot like this did.

Back