• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I think I dropped an item in Nimbasa City..

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • So there was a sidequest in B2W2 that involved finding another person's lost item then initiating a series of in-game trades with your new trainer buddy! Some of the Pokemon that could be traded to you were somewhat rare or unique in Unova, and so if you were trying to complete the Pokedex Yancy/Curtis would be a valuable resource for you! Did you ever complete the sidequest and trade with Yancy or Curtis in Black 2 or White 2?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • To be able to trade with Yancy/Curtis (Yancy if you're a guy and Curtis if you're a girl), you have to fulfil a number of rather tedious requirements which include calling them an x number of times at specific locations before they'll ask to meet up with you to trade. I've only managed to call Curtis once or twice before and thus have not met the full requirements to activate the trades. I've tried going to the aforesaid specific locations to see if his name pops up on my Xtransceiver, but no luck as of yet.

Years
  • In my now-corrupted (boo) Black 2 save file, I actually finished the Dropped Item sidequest and managed to collect all the hidden ability Pokemon from Curtis. My fave of those was the Defiant Mankey (that ability is always pretty nice to have) and of course, you can get a Prankster Sableye from him as well, which makes it all the better to play as a female trainer in the game.

I also like how his dialogue changes based on the answers you gave in the questionnaires in Castelia City's Passerby Analytics HQ, that was a nice little touch. Getting to the 50 calls may be tedious but it's worth it if you want some sweet HA Pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I thought it was nice that there was someone you could regularly keep in touch with on the XTransceiver; it made it seem useful and like a real communication device. You only occasionally used it as part of the storyline and there was hardly any reason to call anyone except Bianca to check your Pokemon's happiness level. The HA Pokemon were just a bonus.

Though I did find it a bit annoying how you had to stand in very specific spots to get the first 15 or so calls, then had to figure out which location would trigger the next 50ish calls in order to get in contact on a regular basis. And you could only call once a day.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yes, I think I have had a couple of trades with them. Though, it was quite tough to actually deliver their Xtransceiver to them, as you had to go through a lot of process, if I remember correctly, such as visiting Nimbasa City, Route 16, Undella Town, Route 13, and so forth. It was sort of bothersome.

One Pokémon that I've gotten from them was Togepi. I already had a Togekiss at the time, but still wanted another one, so I wound up picking this option when I was first given the chance. Eventually, I found out that it had its hidden ability, which was even better, as they're pretty tough to get a hold of.

Next time I met them, I selected Mawile, and later, it was Snorlax.

Years
  • I remember when I first watched Marriland's Japanese Black 2 videos and when he would freak out when this happened because he had no idea what was being said. xP That was funny for the time.

Anyway, I myself did do a little bit of this sub quest myself, I did have to go all over Unova to get Yancy to have all those calls, and eventually got her to the area where she comes to the ferris wheel and you ride it with her before she trades with you. It was a long process, tedious but interesting at the same time to get a nice little prize for it.

The Pokémon obtained in exchange for this were pretty decent ones, although some of the Pokémon presented are ones that I feel would have been better off without their Hidden Abilities (Wobbuffet being one, and Ralts unless you're a doubles player). I didn't get all the Pokémon from her myself, although I still have my main White 2 save so I could definitely pick that back up and get the rest of them sometime.

One other thing I am wondering, though: are they really at work on all those times where you end up on the spots they call you, or are they just lollygagging? :P Additionally, given the fact that they're present as TV idols, it would've been really cool to see some program they reside in, I don't know if there was one or not but that would've been neat, if you got to know more about their occupation or see it in action.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    One other thing I am wondering, though: are they really at work on all those times where you end up on the spots they call you, or are they just lollygagging? :P Additionally, given the fact that they're present as TV idols, it would've been really cool to see some program they reside in, I don't know if there was one or not but that would've been neat, if you got to know more about their occupation or see it in action.
    It's probably impossible to tell if they were at work every time they call you or if sometimes they were just screwing around. It would've been nice though to see them at one of their performances and surprise the **** out of them; how is it that we're friends with an idol but we never get free tickets to their concerts? Wtf man, I'm a world saving hero who's friends with a celebrity and a successful actress, why don't I get any perks?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I never ended up completing any trades with them, simply because the quest was too time consuming and I didn't need anything from it, so there was nothing for me to gain.

It's probably impossible to tell if they were at work every time they call you or if sometimes they were just screwing around. It would've been nice though to see them at one of their performances and surprise the **** out of them; how is it that we're friends with an idol but we never get free tickets to their concerts? Wtf man, I'm a world saving hero who's friends with a celebrity and a successful actress, why don't I get any perks?

It would have been cool to see them at PokeStar Studios, maybe. I mean, I haven't completed the sidequest so I don't know if they do appear there :P But maybe they were making a guest star appearance in one of PokeStar Studios' movies?

Years
  • I never ended up completing any trades with them, simply because the quest was too time consuming and I didn't need anything from it, so there was nothing for me to gain.

I can understand how you feel because it can get time consuming and most can't solve it without an online walkthrough but it is worth it in the end. I recall that even after I obtained all the HA Pokemon I still kept calling Curtis on the Xtransceiver because I liked hearing the conversations and how they also get personalized based on the answers you picked in the questionnaire in Castelia's Passerby Analytics HQ.

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
    Years
  • Hm, I posted earlier on my own thread about whether or not I should try to pick up B2/W2 again, as I've been given both as gifts but left B2 around level twenty and I've never touched W2 (not even sure if it works). This sounds really interesting and it's giving me a little bit of incentive in spite of the feedback saying it could be too tedious.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • This side quest was really cool, even though it seemed bothersome (not for me at least). I thought that the trades were useful, even if most HA Pokemon don seem that great. Yancy/Curtis had cute/charming designs too; needs more fanart of them. |D

Back