• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flash Player today?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I run NoScript, but I don't know how much it may affect Flash; I got it for being chiefly concerned with the security of Javascript. Otherwise, I've only configured Flash using the basic settings it provides by itself.

What extension do you use?

Years
  • Even computers these days are beginning to depend less and less on Flash. Here on PC, the audio tag was replaced with an HTML5-based one, and YouTube is pushing for more browsers to switch to their HTML5 player.

Will Flash rapidly go away? Doubtful. However, it's an ongoing trend for sure.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Even if Flash for the web is gone, I suspect it'll still cling around for other purposes. Things like Scaleform for UIs in...things like video games, for example. (It's based on Flash, last I heard.)

I think I'll still keep Flash around since, well, it's practically an expectation that normal PCs have it installed.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Usually I'll just let Flash enabled on just about every site, because any kind of games or interactive apps made of Flash still needs it, unless if it's any kind of ads, where I leave the rest to Adblock.

Years
  • I've been running Adblock and NoScript for years because not only do I like not having popup ads, but I absolutely do not trust random sites out there to not do something to my computer. I know what could be embedded in those ads. It's a hassle, but I would far rather go to the trouble of having to whitelist every site out there to allow flash through than just let it go through automatically.

I mean, even with precautions I've still caught the occasional bug from whatever...I don't want to imagine what it might be like without those.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I have uBlock (similar to AdBlock but lighter) and its working very well for me. Don't see how I need anything else like NoScript running unless I am persuaded otherwise...

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I have uBlock on all of my browsers now. I have flash fully enabled in Chromium, but I made it click-to-play in Firefox.
    Once e10s is stabilized, I'll see if I can run it constantly in Firefox.
    I'm waiting for ESPN, Twitch, and Facebook to just go HTML5 all the way

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I just use adblock to get rid of ads, plus Flash is rarely used on websites I frequent so don't have to worry about it too much. (IE user)

Back