• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to force the player to make the battle style "set"

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2018
    I'm almost done with my pokemon game, but for the elite four i want to make all the battle styles "set" as in you cant switch out everytime you defeat a pokemon. If anybody has figured this out is would be super helpful.
    I would like to make it so that
    Before every battle against an elite four member it would check if the battle style is "set" . If the battle style is not "set" it will either.
    A. Force it to "set" then start battle.
    B. Tell the player that the battle will not start until they set the battle style to "set"

Thanks for the help.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2020
    Code:
    $PokemonSystem.battlestyle = value

Next time look at the scripts please, it's right there. 0 for Shift. 1 for Set.

full code:
    Code:
           EnumOption.new(_INTL("B.STYLE"),[_INTL("SHIFT"),_INTL("SET")],
              proc { $PokemonSystem.battlestyle },
              proc {|value|  $PokemonSystem.battlestyle=value }

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2018
    Thanks, sorry about that, i tried looking through the script but couldn't find it.
    There is a lot of stuff :v

Back