• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about Shiny odds in Essentials?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    So, obviously I know that it's possible to get a shiny Pokemon in an Essentials made game, considering that there are shiny pallets following the regular color of Pokemon sprite list (for example, 001a being an item of regular Bulbasaur, while 001s(or 001sa? i forget) would the one for the shiny version.

I know there are various 'scripts' to make shiny hunting a not only easier, but available in general, process (for example, I believe it was mej's Chain Fishing script I saw a while back). And I'm seeing a lot of playthroughs of Uranium where people who play it encounter a shiny, and its odds are significantly lower than any of the official games have been thus far for Random Encounters. And I know that Radar as an item might be able to exist in Essentials created games, but I'm not 100% sure on that since I haven't looked anything up about it.

So, my question is, does RMXP Pokemon Essentials have set shiny odds for any fangame that's created, or do you have to know some advanced scripting to set odds yourself?

Back