• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Pacific Blue

bigplrbear

C# programmer for the IAPL
Years
THE INT'L ASSOCIATION OF POKEMON LEAGUES PRESENTS

alZOE.png

Introduction
Pokemon Pacific Blue is the first in an upcoming series of open source Pokemon fan games based on locations around the world, created by the International Association of Pokemon Leagues (the IAPL for short). While the game will use Iron Python for most of its code, the engine itself is programmed in C# and uses XNA for the graphics subsystem, as well as several custom written libraries for moves, pokemon, etc, so in reality, this is really two projects- an open source game engine in C#, XNA and Iron Python (as well as a mapeditor for the engine, which will be released as a seperate open source project) that anybody can contribute to and benefit from, and an open source game to show it off.

Edit 2/4/2011- Linux/Mac support will be coming at a later date, via the FourStarMon engine! This engine is programmed in C/C++ and uses OpenGL for graphics. Stay tuned for more info~!

Also, we have too much art/sprites to put in this thread! Please refer to the website (listed down below) for updated sprites/artwork.

Storyline
Spoiler:

So, what will make this game fun/interesting?
*online trading/battling system via p2p- no servers required!*
*Capture Lugia and Deoxys, the regional legendaries!*
*an area the size of Kanto and Johto to look around and exlpore*
*Time, date and weather based events*
*Little Bro/Sis will help you in times of trouble, battle you in your free time, and give you items from mom!*
*Chadwick, your rival, will make you rage- possibly even more than Gary*
*Hard mode Elite Four- these aren't your grandpas Elite Four! In Pacific, they are true masters, with pokemon up to lvl.92, holding items such as Leftovers, and Amulet Coin*

Screenshots
Unfortunately, as of right now, we don't have any, and we may not have any for a while. That is because screenshots this early in the process will skew peoples expectations of what the game will look like- and trust me, it looks very, very ugly right now :p

Seriously!? Do you at least have some art?
Spoiler:

Wait, you have sprites too right?
Spoiler:

Okay, so you have art. Any maps?
Spoiler:

So, when can we expect this to come out?
We are working on releasing a private alpha version in spring 2011, to coincide with Pokemon Black and White. Currently, there is no timeframe for a final version.

Is there any way I can help?
Yes! We badly need people who can-

Sprite and do concept art
Create Music
Program in C#, and know how to use XNA
Program in C or C++, and know how to implement OpenGL

Don't worry though, if you can't do any of those things well, you can help out with script writing (for Pacific or other regions if you wish), you can help out with the wiki... there are many, many ways you can help out!

Cool, where do I sign up?

http://pokeleagues.org - Main Site
http://wiki.pokeleagues.org - Wiki
https://iaplengine.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/iaplengine iaplengine - Engine source code (released under GPLv2)
irc.irzon.net #iapl - IRC channel

Credits
Storyline/Script
Fremont
bigplrbear
Muge
Para
Lyras_marill
deoxys454
swampert
Cool Trainer Bro
Charmilio

Programming (C# engine)
Shiny_Jirachi
Darkkal
Ency
Minute (has since dropped out)
bigplrbear (now contributes code to the C/C++ engine)

[FONT = "Arial"[SIZE = "4"]Programming (C/C++ engine)[/SIZE][/FONT]
bigplrbear
Dragonaire
Darkzard

Fan/Official Art
Muge
Leader Bolton (dropped out)
Cire
Addy (dropped out)
Mara
Myraddin
Doggie

[font = "arial"]Spriting[/font]
Soaring
Aus_Pokeguy

(if I missed you, please let me know!)

Music/Sound
Averdak
Tortiss
Darkkal

Support
Anonymousse
Zeta_Kaguya (Zeta_Dimentio here on PC)
ChingLing
Wis
XpCynic
Freepisto

[FONT="Arial][size="4"]PROGRESS AS OF 2/4/2011[/size][/font]
Spriting - 10%
Code (C#) - 5%
Code (C/C++) - 2%
Script (Pacific) - 60%

I will update the credits/information as move along in the project. Stay tuned :]

Last edited:

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
Seems cool. I'll keep an eye on it.

...Was have a ton of racial/pop culture stereotypes as the gym leaders and elite four in your plan? O.O

superanthony182

Mega Teddiursa
Years
Nice game

looks like a game with a good story and characters. nice name (Pacific blue) looks very creative i am definately looking forward for this to come out i hope you get the poeple you are looking for dont quit on this game! It has great potential.

bigplrbear

Years
Seems cool. I'll keep an eye on it.

...Was have a ton of racial/pop culture stereotypes as the gym leaders and elite four in your plan? O.O

oh you haven't seen anything until you see Elite Four's Haley. She says puns... all the time.
Just a few examples of what we have her say-

"Ice to meet you!"
"Looks like you put my glaceon... on ice!"
"Now that's just cold!"

oh, did I mention that she uses Ice type pokemon?

edit: I realized that I totally dodged your question. The answer is yes lol

~Chi

Fu Manchu ftw
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2011
Ohaibear. made an acc to join the fun. Saw my name in credits and I came lul.
Anyway, I have to say nice presentation. If I hadn't already known this project I'd be psych'd.

edit: oh yeah and since im having piano problems once i get my speakers back I may redownload FrootyLoops studio (i had my comp wiped)
and some music and get to work.

bigplrbear

Years
Ohaibear. made an acc to join the fun. Saw my name in credits and I came lul.
Anyway, I have to say nice presentation. If I hadn't already known this project I'd be psych'd.

edit: oh yeah and since im having piano problems once i get my speakers back I may redownload FrootyLoops studio (i had my comp wiped)
and some music and get to work.

Awesome ChingLing. I'll update the credits once you start making some music and showing us what you've got

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2012
Dude I cant wait for this game lol all this hard work is gonna pay off bear!

~Chi

Fu Manchu ftw
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2011
Bumping for what will be winrar game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
Y-yo! Remember guys, don't be afraid to pop in and ask some questions.

As long as you live on earth, the IAPL as a whole can use your help!
(No Martians allowed)

warpras

Chief of Pokémon Time Version
Years
The worldmap is very nice, but maybe you forgot some cities in the east. You did as if Eastern Canada was unhabited... oO But your map is nice :)

Years
That map is slightly out of date. The Arctic region, that consists of most of the northern and eastern parts of Canada, has been created since then, and I'm working on the new map for that now. : D

bigplrbear

Years
updated art and sprites. updated new SVN location. updated credits.

Say what? You're bumping a game that has had no posts in it for 25 hours, right...

that sounded kind of mean :<

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
This concept kicks some serious badonkadonk.
CHYES

Zephyr+ said:
oh man I love this game, continue continue continue please. (I need to pay more attention to these kinds of threads.)
Will do.

carmaniac said:
Say what? You're bumping a game that has had no posts in it for 25 hours, right...
Hey, this thread hasn't been posted in for one day, it's obviously worthless and should be totally disregarded!
Rite?
RITE

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
ladkflajfldaj Where did you find so many programmers?! That's liek teh rarest Pokeymanz EVAR D:

No really though, I've posted in Team Recruitment like 5 times and been unsuccessful thus far. It's ridiculous lmao.

Anyway, I LOVE the character design for this so far. Very nice, very nice.

Two questions: Will there be Fakemon, or is it undecided? And why did you guys decide on capping the Elite four at Level 92 instead of 90, 95, or even 100?

I shall keep my eye on this one. I shall keep my eye on this one indeed >:3

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2012
wow, this game looks so awsome, the art just jumps at me.. will this be a ds game or a pc game?

Back