• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Members List

Years
  • Hey,

I was wondering? why can't you see the members list anymore?

Sometimes I need to post a message on someone's profile and it's so tedious using the advanced search options to find someone whereas on FB u just type in their name and u can go straight to their profile...

Years
  • It was disabled due to server stress + apparently the members list used some really ancient/hacky/broken code anyway and needed to be updated. if you want, there's a quicker way to go to someone's profile:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=usernamehere if you want to go directly to someone's profile. it works just as well.

oh thanks :p

so if i wanted to find your profile i type in:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?colours=colourshere

just tried it and it didn't work o.O

Years
  • Alternatively, you could just click on a user's profile through the online list (if they're online), or click on their username in a post and click "View Public Profile" to message them.

Years
  • Do keep in mind some users keep their online status hidden to everyone except staff, which you can't see them easily and will have to manually search for them.

Years
  • Alternatively, you could just click on a user's profile through the online list (if they're online), or click on their username in a post and click "View Public Profile" to message them.
    that means i have to scroll thro posts... that's tedious. I'll just use colour's,method coz it's quicker :p

Guest123_x1

It was disabled due to server stress + apparently the members list used some really ancient/hacky/broken code anyway and needed to be updated.
    I don't know if the following issue is related to the one mentioned in the OP (and this was already asked by somebody else in an old thread), but whenever I try to access the "View PokéCommunity Staff" list whose link is found on the homepage, the list never loads, and the entire site becomes unstable/unusable for a few minutes until I can continue using it normally. Is there any plan on a fix, could it be a feature falling under the "Definition of Soon™", or is one of those things that will never return? If there's no plan on fixing the Staff list, the link should be removed, IMHO.

Guest123_x1

^Guess I wasn't patient enough. I got it to work, after about a minute of waiting. Must be something with the coding of that feature to make it so slow.

Guest123_x1

No, the staff page is actually total crap as well. lol

Both things are on the list, of course. Not super high priority.
    You know, I have to wonder if the frequent site crashes we've been having over the past few months are partially due to people trying to access the Staff List.

My suggestion would be to disable the link to the automatically-generated Staff List and create a manually-updated list as a forum thread. Kind of tedious work to have to manually create and edit the Staff directory thread, but this would probably be a helpful "stop-gap" that would reduce server stress somewhat.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You know, I have to wonder if the frequent site crashes we've been having over the past few months are partially due to people trying to access the Staff List.

My suggestion would be to disable the link to the automatically-generated Staff List and create a manually-updated list as a forum thread. Kind of tedious work to have to manually create and edit the Staff directory thread, but this would probably be a helpful "stop-gap" that would reduce server stress somewhat.
    With small cute "about me"s for each staffer 8D kinda like how the authors on Daily get about-me texts.

Back