• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^isn't that the point of phone cases? xD

also hnnggg. I'm about to put a laptop on layaway (to be picked up in December woo), and I'm struggling between three different laptops in three stores. And I can use my employee discount with these three. I'm so picky when it comes to laptop choosing. There's a 500 GB laptop with good memory (6 GB) that's a really good price but it runs on CELERON. blah. decisions.

Have you checked second hand stores? That's where I look for a lot of stuff like that

When it comes to iPhone chargers, I prefer quality over price, even though they do get a bit pricey. I bought an iPhone charger for my mom's iPhone from a secondhand store (lol 99 cent store), and it didn't last even two weeks.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
also hnnggg. I'm about to put a laptop on layaway (to be picked up in December woo), and I'm struggling between three different laptops in three stores. And I can use my employee discount with these three. I'm so picky when it comes to laptop choosing. There's a 500 GB laptop with good memory (6 GB) that's a really good price but it runs on CELERON. blah. decisions.

Not all Celerons are made equal. What is the exact Celeron model? If it's a Haswell-based Celeron, it's more than good enough. That's just the thing with Intel CPUs - if it's based on the beefy architecture, you're set.

You might want to make a new thread about it, by the way.

When it comes to iPhone chargers, I prefer quality over price, even though they do get a bit pricey. I bought an iPhone charger for my mom's iPhone from a secondhand store (lol 99 cent store), and it didn't last even two weeks.

Even better: they won't kill you.

I meant when a phone is held it feels much better in the hand. :P

Some cases can feel very tacky, though. I really prefer well-made cases that have a soft feeling, but not rubbery.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
You know you are really bored if you start building your own image file format. It's really basic, doesn't even have any security messurements like CRC and compression, but it works {XD}

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Whoa, that's great! Sometimes I wish I can make my own PC myself, ahaha. And usually I have to rely on someone else to upgrade my RAM in my PC back then, until someday they said that I can't upgrade it anymore (I think it must be because of DDR RAM, that my computer is using, becoming rare). Wow, my computer is so old now.

Starry Windy

Years
That, plus you may have maxed it out. Certain motherboards can only use so much ram.

But whoa, DDR? That's old stuff. This laptop uses DDR2, and my good laptop uses DDR3.

It's all hella expensive though in the end. It's definitely worth the initial investment though, as you make your machines more reliable.

Back then I didn't know if my PC used DDR RAM when I got my PC at the first time (it was around 2004-2006, I believe), until I checked out the motherboards info several years later. But, it's good that my PC still survives for several years now :) albeit with minor issues

Last edited:
Years
I think I found an addiction to tumblr today, since I've had it opened all day in a tab and am always refreshing it. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Tumblr will always be addicting no matter how many times I log on to it. I even forgot about twitter when I recently got back to it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm addicted to Vine xD I can scroll and laugh for hours, no kidding.

Years
Vine is pretty funny. Although I don't have a Vine account myself, nor do I actively use it, I've seen some pretty hilarious vines on Youtube.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm following some fun viners and I've gathered enough people now to get at least a few new vines to have fun at every day. I don't upload anything myself though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
How do people actually vine? Like, they take snippets of video and squish them to last 6 seconds? I could never understand that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It works like it works on Instagram. You touch the screen to record, lift your finger to pause and then you can touch again to record another part. I'm not sure how people put music or audio clips on top of it though... Maybe there's an addon or premium version or just some button I haven't found yet :p

Here's one of my favorite viners ^^

Last edited:
Years
I've seen people use Vine to make 6-second stop motion animations. That right there is pure creativity if you ask me. :P

Starry Windy

Years
One of my friends was sharing some of the Vine videos on a certain chatroom (I forgot what does the image looks like, maybe it's about elevators and stuffs), and I found that it was quite interesting, even though I didn't know much about Vine, and how it becomes popular back then. And it's quite unique, for sure.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I just have Vine installed doing not much on my phone. It's like...I can't find something to do with it, but I keep it anyway...

Same with Instagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back