• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What should my final team be??

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Hey, Guys!

So I decided to go back to playing FireRed again for the first time in many years. I have been playing it for a while, and I am now at Victory Road. My problem is that I now have 8 pokemon which I consider to be good and I sometimes swap them in and out of my party. Now that I'm about to get to the Elite Four, though, I decided I should settle on one good solid team of six pokemon, thus leaving two behind, so I am looking for some help in deciding which 6 pokemon out of the eight candidates should I pick for my team. The candidates are as follows:

Venusaur
    Snorlax
    Pidgeot
    Raichu
    Jynx
    Arbok
    Dugtrio
    Primeape

I can't decide, so I'm leaving this decision up to the pokemon masters here at PokeCommunity. Thanks!

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • Before I answer, You should know that this sort of thread belongs in the Battle Center- In- Game Team Help Section.

Also, it would better help us help you if you give us some more details like Movesets, Natures, Items, Abilities, etc.

Judging from what you have now, I would say to drop Arbok and Dugtrio. Arbok isn't as strong or reliable a Pokemon as almost all of your other team members in terms of stats and playability and Dugtrio is a glass cannon. It can be powerful, but it's not very sturdy angainst special attacks and it has extremely low HP.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use the correct forum topic next time.

Venusaur
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Hasty

Snorlax
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Nature: Docile

Pidgeot
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Calm

Raichu
    Ability: Gentle
    Nature: Static

Jynx
    Ability: Oblivious
    Nature: Mild

Arbok
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Lonely

Dugtrio
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Sassy

Primeape
    Ability: Vital Spirit
    Nature: Hardy

Disregarding movesets and items, what do you think now?
    Also, is there a way to move this thread to the correct section?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hey guys, just letting you know that you can just report the thread if it's in the wrong forum. I'll see it quicker (I do reports first when I sign on) and the report system provides me with a link. Makes it much quicker. :) Anyway, off it goes~

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Alright, here are the current movesets; but all are subject to, and probably will, change.

Venusaur (Lv 44):
    Sleep Powder
    Poison Powder
    Leech Seed
    Razor Leaf

Snorlax (Lv 43):
    Body Slam
    Sleep Talk
    Rest
    Snore

Pidgeot (Lv 43):
    Wing Attack
    Feather Dance
    Gust
    Quick Attack

Raichu (Lv 43):
    Thunderbolt
    Quick Attack
    Slam
    Thunder Wave

Jynx (Lv 44):
    Lovely Kiss
    Powder Snow
    Fake Tears
    Ice Punch

Arbok (Lv 44):
    Bite
    Glare
    Screech
    Acid

Dugtrio (Lv 43):
    Slash
    Sand Tomb
    Magnitude
    Dig

Primeape (Lv 42):
    Focus Energy
    Seismic Toss
    Rage
    Cross Chop

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • 1)Venusaur
    6)Snorlax
    2)Pidgeot
    3)Raichu
    4)Jynx
    5)Primeape

Disregard the numbers, I was just listing them.
    The first member is Ice and Water. Therefore, Primape will be a great choice since fighting works well against Ice. However, if he fainted, you would have Venusaur and Raichu for the back up.
    The second member is Fighting/Rock. You can take out the Rocks with Venusaur and the fighting with Pidgeot if you have enough speed and power.
    The third member is Ghost/Poison. You should probably teach Jynx Psychic if she doesn't know it already, then you should be fine. Jynx will be a major part of these final 2 members.
    The final member is Dragon. Jynx can handle the Dragons. I think Venusaur can handle the Aerodactly and then Jynx finish it, but the other ones should be fine.
    Then you have your rival. Raichu against Charizard and Pidgeot. Pidgeot against Executor? Depending on moves, I'm going to guess Snorlax with Surf will help. Raichu against Gyrados if he has it.

It's hard to say exactly, but the first 5 picks would be good for typing. Snorlax is bulky, so I figured he's probably good for the final spot.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • Venusaur
    Razor Leaf (STAB, High Critical Hit Ratio)
    Giga Drain (STAB, Regain Health)
    Sleep Powder (Good Status Move)
    Earthquake (Type Coverage, demolishes Agatha's Poison types save Golbat and the Ghosts but you can use Raichu for the Golbat and Snorlax for the Ghosts.)
    This is a good, solid attack based Moveset and what I recommend the best.

or

Solar Beam
    Sunny Day
    Sleep Powder
    Synthesis

Use Sleep Powder to buy time, set up the Sunny Day, recover with Synthesis or attack right away with Solar Beam. This is especially Effective against Lorelei in the Elite 4.

or

Razor Leaf
    Return
    Leech Seed
    Toxic

Set up with Leech Seed and Toxic, chip away with Razor Leaf and Return and watch your opponents health drain away.

Snorlax
    Body Slam
    (STAB, induces Paralysis, good move)
    Brick Break (Type Coverage, Strong Move, easy access as you can buy it in the Celedon Department Store)
    Shadow Ball (This is a Physical Move in Gen 3 and would be a great deal of help against Agatha as Ghost type moves can't hit Normal Types but Ghost Type Moves are super effective against Ghost Type Pokemon and the PokeFlute can counter Gengar's Hypnosis, might need to either play the slot machines or buy coins in the Game Corner to buy it: TM 30.)
    Rest (good healing move and can easily awaken thanks to the PokeFlute.)

Pidgeot
    Fly (STAB, most powerful Flying Type Attack you can have in this instance)
    Aerial Ace (STAB, never misses)
    Steel Wing (Coverage against those pesky Rock Types)
    Featherdance (Could prove to be useful)
    This is Your Ace against Bruno. Fly/ Aerial Ace his Fighting Types and Steel Wing his 2 Onyx.

Raichu
    Thunderbolt (Powerful STAB, Answer to Lance and Gary's Gyarados')
    Thunder Wave (Good Status inflicting move)
    Strength (good Neutral Move, more reliable than Slam)
    Double Team (You beat Lt. Surge, you've seen him use it)

Jynx
    Ice Punch (STAB, Answer to Lance)
    Psychic (STAB, Good Special Move, can Demolish Agatha's Poison Types with this as well.)
    Fake Tears/ Calm Mind (Lower Opponent Special Defense or use to raise your own attack to sweep the Opponent.)
    Lovely Kiss (good Status Move, use to buy time to set up Fake Tears or Calm Mind)

Primape
    Brick Break (STAB, strong, reliable move that you can get easily at the Celedon Department Store.)
    Rock Slide (Coverage, As much as I hate to say it, it demolishes Gary's Charizard, You can get it via the Rock Tunnel Move Tutor.)
    Bulk Up (Increases Attack and Defense so that you can sweep.)
    Swagger (You'll learn it in a couple of levels, it confuses your Opponent but also raises their attack so be careful how you use it.)

Last edited:

RiverStyxx

- Vaporeon Rules The Styxx! -
    Years
  • Venusaur, Snorlax, Pidgeot, Raichu, Jynx, Primeape definitely looks like the best team to run the E4 with out of those!

Back