• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where is Team Flare?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Who care ???
    Obviously , Alain going to be the Big hero that will beat Lysendre in Battle and save the world from Team Plasma While all Ash will do is commanding Pikachu to shoot a Electro Ball at a Machine.
    After all , Alain is current writers creation so he's allow use Megevolution and become *Nearly Unbeatable like Paul.
    While Ash not even allow to keep The Weakest Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon. He's only allow to have Piece of shit like Hawlucha.

*Nearly Unbeatable : Basically A trainer who only lose to Special trainer such as E4 , Champion , Evil Team Boss .

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • If I recall correctly, didn't Team Rocket murder Marowak and other Pokémon in the games, not to mention Giovanni strongly implying in the Mewtwo Returns special that he's going to have the clones subjected in experiments with a very high chance of leaving them killed if Mewtwo didn't cooperate? I think Team Galactic, at least in the games, did directly kill some Pokémon (Roughneck Kirby was shown to hate Team Galactic for what they did to his Pokémon, and considering he was at the Pokémon Tower of Sinnoh when he said this, it's strongly implied that they were killed by Team Galactic). I'm doubtful it would be dark enough to omit them. Not to mention Team Plasma's goals were pretty dark as well, especially in B2W2.

Those are implied deaths, however if Team Flare did what they plan, then there would be visible death, at least for the anime. Also it'd be along the lines of genocide, which is pretty dark since I recall some mention of the first use of the machine killing hundreds if not thousands of pokemon in one hit. I think mass murder would be a lot more darker then simple implied killings of a small handful. And we don't know if they actually killed marowak or if it died from something else but was resulted from Team Rocket influence.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Come to think of it... didn't Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire imply that Generation VI may not actually be in the same dimension as prior generations? Maybe that might explain why Team Flare's absent. Then again, they did get those Mega Evolution specials...

Anyways, I'm starting to get worried, we've already got an episode title revealing that Ash will at the very least fight Valerie (XY074, which is two episodes less than the projected minimum of my initial estimates), and we've still got zero hints in the main anime towards Team Flare's existence. Based on the rate Pokémon's going at right now, the run at Kalos will either end while in January 2016 (around the same time as Hoenn), or it will end while barely even in 2015 with December (possibly even earlier if Ash manages to beat Valerie on the first try). We've got two unaccounted Gym Leaders, not even counting Valerie, before the Kalos league, and still no sign of Flare in the main anime? Besides, I think Team Galactic's plan was quite dark, especially when it involved nearly destroying the universe, which WOULD involve a lot of deaths, and even DP didn't soften this by any means.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Anyways, I'm starting to get worried, we've already got an episode title revealing that Ash will at the very least fight Valerie (XY074, which is two episodes less than the projected minimum of my initial estimates), and we've still got zero hints in the main anime towards Team Flare's existence. Based on the rate Pokémon's going at right now, the run at Kalos will either end while in January 2016 (around the same time as Hoenn), or it will end while barely even in 2015 with December (possibly even earlier if Ash manages to beat Valerie on the first try). We've got two unaccounted Gym Leaders, not even counting Valerie, before the Kalos league, and still no sign of Flare in the main anime? Besides, I think Team Galactic's plan was quite dark, especially when it involved nearly destroying the universe, which WOULD involve a lot of deaths, and even DP didn't soften this by any means.

You personally don't need to get worried, because you're still not actually watching.

With the newest titles coming out, it's curious what direction they're gonna go with these guys. I mean, it could be that GF has gone a different direction in the XY game sequels again, but who knows. I feel like there's plenty of possibilities. Maybe if they switched the story up in the sequels, they can sort of resolve whatever little "story" they have going for them in the mega evo specials, seeing that they're in the same universe. I'm blabbering on, but there are plenty of possibilities to implement them into the series, because there's no way TRio itself generates enough conflict outside the main group.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Wow, all i can say is - HUGE disappointment.
    Team Flare has so much potential, too much to throw it away like they did with Team Plasma, which seems very likely considering we're half region away.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The thing is the Mega-Evolution specials and the anime are connected considering the latest episode basically says so. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't actually watched the specials yet (I will eventually though! I heard they're really good so.) but isn't Lysandre currently in Hoenn? And I believe it was mentioned that he's currently preparing something? It's possible that whatever it is that is building over in the Mega Evolution specials might carry over to the actual anime.

But hey don't listen to me I'm just speculating based on things that I have heard. I might have more of a solid reasoning or whatever after I've watched the specials.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The specials and the actual anime are no doubt related and connected. That has been confirmed twice now. So there is no doubt in my mind that the Mega Specials will twist with the main anime.

I don't see why people are so worried about them never showing up. Have people already forgotten that Team Plasma had their own arc? The writers may have liked this more, I know I did.

Stop worrying until 6th Generation is actually over. Lysadre has confirmed that he is currently working on something and then left in air ship.

Back