• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best pop songs from this decade

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • There's a thread for the worst, why not the best? Remember not to rail people for their opinions, please. :) Some of my favorites have been Chandelier by Sia and Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj. I have others, but I'll come back to this so I don't snatch everything up.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Hey Ya and Somebody That I Used to Know are my two favorites, probably. I was unhealthily obsessed with the latter for a long time; I must have heard it 100 times by now and I still love it a lot. currently unable to think of a third that matches up with those two but I will eventually and I will post when I do.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I'm going to have to give this one over to Heroes (We Could Be) - Alesso. My favorite song ever. Like I mean, I have heard this song over 300 times. Not even lying. I've spent multiple days just listening to this song. I absolutely love it. Nothing even comes close to this song.

The only others I can really think of that come close are Written In The Stars - Tinie Tempah or International Love - Pitbull ft. Chris Brown, I was obsessed with both for a long time, as I am Heroes, but neither ever hit the level that Heroes has (I love that damn song). My 5 favorite songs of all time are actually
    Spoiler:

That's actually really strange because I usually hate pop music, but w/e.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Get Lucky (Daft Punk) and Breezeblocks (Alt J) are my picks. They're unique to a degree that makes them timeless songs that could be payed again and again.

Years
  • First of all, i'm glad the OP says "not to rail people for opinions" and doesn't say "favorite" when the previous thread says "worst". Haha.

Second, this decade has had quite a few very cool pop hits, and of all of them, I think that my pick for best would be no other than Rather Be by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne. While it's a song about love, something that has been done quite a bit, it just works. That beat and the violin are very well composed, and it's about how the singer is perfectly wanting to be alongside her lover no matter how bad. Really, i've listened to this so many times and cannot see myself getting tired of it.

Too bad its successor, Real Love, hasn't become too much of a hit, although it has come on radio a few times recently.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • Without a doubt, my favorite Pop song of this decade is Team by Lorde. I love every single song that Lorde has put out, Royals, Tennis Courts, 400 Lux, Glory and Gore, all of them including last year's Yellow Flicker Beat, but out of all the songs from Pure Heroine, The Love Club EP, and Tennis Court EP, the song Team has stood out the most to me. The message and just how mature it is, makes me love the song and is what makes it my favorite pop song from this decade and my favorite Lorde song.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Uptown Funk and Get Lucky are probably my favourites from this decade, though both are decently recent and my knowledge of pop music is lame as hell so yeah pinch of salt and all that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Get Lucky (Daft Punk) and Breezeblocks (Alt J) are my picks. They're unique to a degree that makes them timeless songs that could be payed again and again.

I don't know if I'd consider Breezeblocks pop per se, but hey, it's one of my favorite songs ever, so pop or not, props to ya. ;)

First of all, i'm glad the OP says "not to rail people for opinions" and doesn't say "favorite" when the previous thread says "worst". Haha.

ya welcome <3

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • *saves thread from premature death*

I'm probably forgetting some amazing songs, but atm three come to mind: 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You' by Ed Sheeran, 'Get Lucky' by Daft Punk and 'Somebody That I Used To Know' by Gotye and Kimbra.

All of them are pretty different compared to a lot of other pop songs. STIUTK is just full of emotion ashdfkj. 'You Need Me' is just crazy - it's so different and hearing it live is incredible. Words are failing me today so I can't explain properly why I feel these three are three of the best but kajsdhf trust me.

Back