• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Cloud Emerald

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    Introduction:
    Hello, I'm Andrew.This is my first attempt to a hack,so it may not be anything big.This is also gonna be a harder version of Emerald.I know there are a few of harder Emerald hacks out there,but I hope I can get your support,on my first hack.

Story:
    Same as Emerald.(First hack...sorry)
    But it will have it's twist to make it not 100% same.

Features:

• Starters are Dratini, Bagon and Larvitar (Changed moveset to fit)
    • The starters evolve at 25 and then at 42
    • Altered Battles (Ex: Shelly in Rustruff Tunnel)
    • Some Pokemon may had changed types (Ex: Gyarados is now Water/Dragon)
    • Some redesigned maps
    • Harder Battles
    • Hidden(or not hidden) grass in cities only have useless pokemons....or do they?(HINT HINT)
    • Day and Night System (so the time you set your clock actually counts)
    • No more Trade Evolutions
    • and More

Screenshots
    2lcw6lx.jpg

2v9b669.jpg

qrj5ti.jpg

2ppiz9f.jpg

2ut5lp5.jpg

25i3u5l.jpg

200sh2p.jpg

358bgb4.jpg

358wfwm.jpg

2d9s110.jpg

Bugs:
    RED: Bugs that can make the game un-playable
    GREEN: Minor Bugs

Birch will run trough a tree when running from Zigzagoon(in process of fixing)
    Wally will walk trough something he shouldn't when you go to learn how to catch a pokemon(in process of fixing)
    Sometimes,in some section of the bag,the bag icon on the left will look glitched.I don't know the cause.
    BETA 1 will come very soon.

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • New areas, as well as having the original plot? :o It looks good! I can't wait to try it. I'll be looking forward to this. :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    New areas, as well as having the original plot? :o It looks good! I can't wait to try it. I'll be looking forward to this. :D

Thank you.You can expect a Beta very soon, because I'm planning to release it after the third gym, and I just finished editing it all up to Brawly's gym.

EDIT:Can anyone make a support banner with Dratini,Larvitar and Bagon,and of course,the name of the hack?I tried to make one,but it's too big,and when I try to resize it, the quality gets horible.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    Wow, looking good, even just from the screenshots! Also, may I suggest using the ds style sprites from the DS style 64x64 pokemon sprite resource? That would make the pokemon, and the game, look a lot better! Good luck on this!

P.S. This also is inspiring an idea in me for my first hack... The whole idea with making the team's admins more common, and stuff... Good job!

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    Wow, looking good, even just from the screenshots! Also, may I suggest using the ds style sprites from the DS style 64x64 pokemon sprite resource? That would make the pokemon, and the game, look a lot better! Good luck on this!

P.S. This also is inspiring an idea in me for my first hack... The whole idea with making the team's admins more common, and stuff... Good job!

Thank you for the suggestion,however, I had past experience with hacking(non-published hacks), and I'm not that good with inserting or replacing sprites. When I tried it,it messed up the game.
    So your idea would only be posible if I get someone to add them.

PS: Yea, you hardly see the admins in Hoenn games. The first one you see if from Team Magma when you first battle Maxie,and the second one is from Team Aqua when you go to their base(?) before the seventh gym, is that right?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Thank you for the suggestion,however, I had past experience with hacking(non-published hacks), and I'm not that good with inserting or replacing sprites. When I tried it,it messed up the game.
    So your idea would only be posible if I get someone to add them.

PS: Yea, you hardly see the admins in Hoenn games. The first one you see if from Team Magma when you first battle Maxie,and the second one is from Team Aqua when you go to their base(?) before the seventh gym, is that right?

1. Download the rar of the sprites.
    2.Put the gen 1-3 sprites in one folder, and don't rename them.
    3.If you're going to replace any pokemon, you have to rename the sprites.
    4.Download Advanced Series.
    5.Open the sprite editor.
    6.Press import all.
    7.Go to the folder where they're at.
    8.While they're importing, DON'T touch your computer at all.
    9.Save, when it asks you for an offset, since you're hacking Emerald I suggest you use something like 0xE40000.
    Hope that helps ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    1. Download the rar of the sprites.
    2.Put the gen 1-3 sprites in one folder, and don't rename them.
    3.If you're going to replace any pokemon, you have to rename the sprites.
    4.Download Advanced Series.
    5.Open the sprite editor.
    6.Press import all.
    7.Go to the folder where they're at.
    8.While they're importing, DON'T touch your computer at all.
    9.Save, when it asks you for an offset, since you're hacking Emerald I suggest you use something like 0xE40000.
    Hope that helps ^^

Thanks,I'll try that, and I'll let you know how it went.
    So..if I'm not wanting to add Gen IV or V pokemons,then I can just skip "3",right?

EDIT:Can't do it.I began with Bulbasaur,but his bulb is white in the preview thing.

EDIT 2: Good news...and bad news.I managed to do it with Togepi,however,when she's moving(this is emerald so...) it's just a big grey square,until it stops moving.How to fix that?And Bulbasaur bulb still isn't the right color :/

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Thanks,I'll try that, and I'll let you know how it went.
    So..if I'm not wanting to add Gen IV or V pokemons,then I can just skip "3",right?

EDIT:Can't do it.I began with Bulbasaur,but his bulb is white in the preview thing.

EDIT 2: Good news...and bad news.I managed to do it with Togepi,however,when she's moving(this is emerald so...) it's just a big grey square,until it stops moving.How to fix that?And Bulbasaur bulb still isn't the right color :/

You're gonna have to disable animations or not use sprites.. there's a thread here that shows how to disable them

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324207 right here.
    I'm pretty sure Chaos Rush also made a patch for disabling it. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8210772&postcount=295 the second patch in the bottom. :D

Thanks, that second patch worked.I will add the new sprites then.However,Bulbasaur's new sprite's bulb is white.The sprite saved in my PC,it's the right order.But it's not in the editor and game.The wrong colored parts happen to other sprites too,but if I press "Syncronize colors" it fixes.But not to Bulbasaur. (NVM.Bulbasaur is fixed)

EDIT:I want to add Gen IV's evolution of the old pokemons.I tested with Turtwig.I added him instead one of the "???" pokemon.His sprite appears well,but...his name is still "?",despite the fact that I changed it, and he only knows Tackle. YAPE won't let me add more moves.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    You can't edit the ??? Pokemon. Best thing to do is replace or expand the pokedex. Also don't use YAPE. Use G3HS.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    You can't edit the ??? Pokemon. Best thing to do is replace or expand the pokedex. Also don't use YAPE. Use G3HS.
    Um..I seen your tutorial,and that..is just Advance Map.I need something to edit the ???'s.And so far,YAPE was great for me.
    I think I'm just gonna replace some pokemons for the evolution of gen1,2,3 from Gen IV.
    Worked.

EDIT:I've been away for a week,and no progress was made.I'll continue now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    I this hack still alive, because this thread hasn't been active for quite some time!

Back