• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn: Make a Wish [T] [OOC]

Years
  • OPEN for Applications
    Just create a character sheet!

Hoenn: Make a Wish [T] [IC]

Plot:
    The region of Hoenn has undergone many changes over 100 years, as would any. Still, eight gym leaders act as a precursor to the Pokemon league for the Trainers who want to become the best trainers. Several Contest Halls host events to judge brilliant Pokemon and their trainers in the hopes to become the best coordinators. Many day-cares and breeders throughout the region help Prof. Evergreen of Littleroot Town to learn and hone their skills in healing and growth.

Technology has improved, but in no way as to interfere with nature and wild Pokemon. But there is a small group of 12, naming themselves Team Zodiac, that disagree and believe the technological growth of the region has bastardized the natural relationship between Humans and Pokemon. Though they remain underground and nameless, they continue to try to convince the trainers of Hoenn that their dependencies on technology and their cultural influences have poisoned their minds and their bonds with their Pokemon. As they know their efforts, thus far, have been in vain, they know of means that can reach them to their Utopian end.

Setting:
    The cities are the same as the game, but major buildings, landmarks, and Gym types have changed. These changes are ultimately up to all players, including the GM. Before the start of the IC, these specifics will be hashed out and added into this section. I want this to be a collective effort and something in which all players feel some kind of investment.

The beginning will be a sandbox setting, all PC's doing their own thing. They will be introduced into the main plot when I introduce them. This will be on an individual basis.
    Beginning PC's may be advanced Trainers (well-trained or fully-trained teams) or beginning Trainers. You may also reserve to play a member of Team Zodiac. A list will be created below.
    You may also create characters for Gym Leaders and the Elite Four.
    The Elite Four is a precursor to the Championship. Trainers who wish to complete in the Championship must first challenge the Elite Four and be deemed competent to compete in the Championship.
    For Gym Leaders, I like the idea of there being no "first" Gym Leader and that all Gym Leaders are capable of discerning one's skill and understanding what each Badge level means. They may be located on Routes or in places outside of Cities and Towns.
    Mega Evolution is either a lost ability or has not be discovered yet, it is up to everyone involved. However, it will be (re)introduced in the RP proper. Either way, no one can start with Mega Evolution.

Noteable Technologies
    Spoiler:

Hoenn Map Notes
    Spoiler:

Team Zodiac
    Spoiler:

Rules:
    • Standard RPing rules (no god-modding, power-playing, etc.)
    • There is no posting order. (Post only once after my own posts)
    • Stats and typing and fainting Pokemon are largely irrelevant. Skill is required to "win."
    • Post length should be at least 3 paragraphs.
    • Do not post Team Zodiac CSs in this thread. PM them to me. I want to keep them a secret.
    • You may make more than one character, but please do not make more than you can handle.
    • If your character is denied, I will give reason.
    • I reserve the right to deem you unfit to participate in this RP.
    • 2 consecutive days of inactivity in the OOC without notice will result in your characters becoming an NPC and any reserved spots being re-opened.
    • Ask me questions. Provide criticism. Any and all feedback is welcome.
    • Changes, additions, and removal of rules are up to the discretion of the GM.

Character Sheet:
    Name: First and Last (Middle is optional, aliases, etc.)
    History: About 3 paragraphs (3-5 sentences) and not much longer. Hometown, parents, siblings, education, brief overview of adventure.
    Items: (Optional) Personal items and equipment (tools, books, clothing, etc.). I don't care about Pokeballs, Potions, Berries, etc.
    Party: Standard size limit of 6, minimum of 1. There is no maximum. Legendaries are illegal and Pseudo-Legendaries are restricted.
    Pokemon Name || Ability (mostly unrestricted)
    Brief explanation of where, when, and how it was obtained. You may add its relationship with trainer and other Pokemon.
    Move Pool (There is no limit to the number of moves a Pokemon can perform. There is a limit of what they can learn, which will ultimately be determined by type, species, and abilities. (Buneary cannot learn or know Ice Beam; pure Water-types cannot know/learn Ice-type moves; Fire-types cannot learn Electric-type moves; etc.) Make note of specific moves in which the Pokemon is particularly skilled (one Butterfree uses Double Team makes 3 images that can mimic the use of other moves while another Butterfree can make 20 images that cannot mimic other moves). TMs are void (manual training and tutoring is allowed) and Egg moves will be limited. There should be a main strategy for the Pokemon and then supporting maneuvers. Combining moves is legal and encouraged, but they are not added to each other, but rather meshed. Particulars will be added when necessary. Overall, this is to reward the most creative, not the most competitive, players.)

Approved Character List:
    Forrest Archer Johnson [Fenikkusu Kasai]
    Holt Young [Cayo]
    Sydan Rhomes [SYDAXARO220]
    Alice Len Fenderson [Churaka]
    Autumn Vale [Aquataris]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • I will be posting my sign-up soon :). In addition, can I reserve Libra? Are we limited to the pokemon you have listed for each Zodiac member?

Years
  • No, those are just suggestions. I'm considering the element of the signs but also the qualities, which is why I chose some that I did. I will specify over PM when the CS is submitted to me.
    I also wanted to discuss the idea of all of them only having two Pokemon, like how I listed it above. But it's really up to those participating. What do you think?

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • I don't see a problem with what you have listed. I'll try and develop the character some when I send it to you, and then we can see what would work best.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Placeholder...

The V-Squad

Valerie "Val" Savich
    20 Years Old

History:

~coming soon~

The Pokemon Attire

P.S. Please Don't rip off my SU format at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Name: Holt Young
    History: Raised with two older brothers (Troy-18 Greg-21) and a little sister, life was tough for Holt. His older brothers being brothers and always messing with him, and his sister who would always whine. He dreamed of the day he would leave Verdanturf Town on his own. His one goal. To be the best.

Greg had left the house four years ago and it didn't go well. He wanted to be a trainer but his arrogant and I-can-do-whatever attitude didn't work. Something happened, and nobody knows where he went.

Troy on the other hand, was well on his way. He was hoping to be a professor and after talking to Prof. Evergreen and working out all the kinks, Troy left for the Sinnoh region to work with Prof. Rowan. He's been gone for a year and a half and supposedly has become a decent trainer.

Holt's parents weren't around very much. His father is a frequent battler at the Pokemon Stadium in Verdanturf, and his mother is a popular contest judge. She was a famous contest star, but fell off once she got a little bit older. Holt's dad has already collected the Hoenn gym badges, so he is training for the Ever Grande Conference.

Holt is finally ready to be a trainer and hopes that all his work will pay off. From visiting the trainer's school to trying to bulk up, he thinks that he's finally ready!

Items: A heavy coat that had belonged to Greg. It is something that he handed to Holt before he left.

Party:
    Aron (Zad):: Sturdy

Holt saw Aron one day and decided that he wanted it. It was there and it wasn't even moving. Holt used his "tackle" attack and soon learned that Aron used a harden attack before sleeping. Holt was knocked out from the tackle and Aron had respect for Holt. Holt had formed a bond with Aron and captured it without a Pokeball. To this day, Aron walks beside Holt and only goes in it's Pokeball occasionally.

Move Pool
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Cayo: Very good CS. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
    The only thing is understanding that it's 100 years past the current games, so Prof. Birch doesn't necessarily exist. In my CS, I named Prof. Evergreen as the major researcher. However, this doesn't not take away from the possibility of the Birch family having ties with the Research of the region.

Was there anything about Verdanturf that you wanted to create? Are there any special landmarks or people or families that you wanted to canonize?

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Perhaps an expansion of the contest hall? Maybe give it an add on of a battle stadium. I can't really think of anything besides that. But, I'm glad you liked my CS!

Years
  • Yeah, I really like that idea. Feel free to flesh it out. Would your character have interacted with it? Does his parents have any business there or in the Contest Hall?
    Maybe the Contest Hall was replaced by the Stadium, just a thought.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Yeah, I really like that idea. Feel free to flesh it out. Would your character have interacted with it? Does his parents have any business there or in the Contest Hall?
    Maybe the Contest Hall was replaced by the Stadium, just a thought.

I like that. I'm going to go back and edit my post.

So, Holt's father was not around much being a frequent battler and ref at the Verdanturf Stadium. His mother was also around very rarely as she was a contest judge.

Years
  • Hmm...that is a good question. I see no reason for "foreign" Pokemon to be brought in, but I guess my only legitimate limitation would be that they are not as accessible or common. However, there would be people who raise Pokemon from other regions specifically. Feel free to expand on this topic if it interests you. You could always make a Scientist/Researcher/Breeder/etc. character that possibly works with Prof. Evergreen. That would be very interesting to have be brought into the plot.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh, I assumed you left or got busy. What happened? But, just a note, it's courteous to notify the GM when you believe you might be away or plan on being absent for a time. It's all in the Rules section. I suggest subscribing to the thread. :)

But it would be awesome to see the edits we discussed before. Do you have any additional ideas. Also, feel free to "create any other attractions or landmarks you might think to explore before we begin.

Back