• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon: Bright Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
  • Thanks for the support whilst i've been away guys :)
    I'll be releasing a Beta 1.1 shortly.
    It will fix the Grey map of DEATH and allow the cut HM to be aquired the normal way
    Squirtle has NOT been added because of the small amount of time i have been able to spend on my hack
    There is currently a glitch in the town after Sudowoodo where the game freezes on entry to the pokemon centre (possibly due to the removal of the second floor where Bill comes from).
    Beta2 will include the events previously promised and will allow access to ALL of Johto unless some unforseen glitches occur
    and yes- because of the legendary bird events i will be blocking the road to Kanto until they are done (but the league will be accessable)

When Beta 1.1 is released players must restart the game if they have Bulbasaur due to a setflag error

[HoN] Jereziah

Till DEATH do us part!
    Years
  • Where does the 1st beta end up?

If theres still enough room could u add this:

Name:Louie
    Pic:
    moz-screenshot-12.jpg
    http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gsctrainer47.gif[/img]
    Pokemons:Please All lvl 40 and above

Blastoise
    Venusaur
    Charizard

Last edited:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Where does the 1st beta end up?

If theres still enough room could u add this:

Name:Louie
    Pic:
    moz-screenshot-12.jpg
    http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gsctrainer47.gif[/img]
    Pokemons:Please All lvl 40 and above

Blastoise
    Venusaur
    Charizard

Well...
    with Bulbasaur it ends when you can't get the Cut HM
    without Bulbasaur it ends in a grey map of death at the end of Ilex Forest.
    That was because i forgot i'd been using a test script with the setflags meaning only bulbasaur or the hm cut could be aquired

Now, in the new Beta that will arrive soon, i use the bulbasaur doll setflag : this means you get the doll for the bedroom when you get bulbasaur :)
    I'm thinking of adding other setflags for events in the game to allow items that were originally through mystery gift to be aquired :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Awesome =)

Every Pokemon Doll xD

Why not make some new house decorations, just for fun? You can use devamped sprites to make dolls of pretty much any pokemon, such as Mew

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Make sure you're using a clean rom because nobody else has had any problems
    and you are using a PC based emulator aren't you? there may be some problems with using Meboy (mobile phone emulator) but i'll fix that (somehow) at some point.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    My gf and I decided that when this game is finished, we'll play through it together and battle at specific levels such as all 20 or all 50 =p

Don't disappoint us =)

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • My gf and I decided that when this game is finished, we'll play through it together and battle at specific levels such as all 20 or all 50 =p

Don't disappoint us =)

battling could be a problem considering the 2nd floor of the pokemon centre no longer exists :(
    which means, i may add a link centre seperately in the game somewhere eventually :P

By the way

BETA 1.1!!!!!
    Now Bulbasaur doesnt stop you getting cut, the grey map of death is fixed, and Bill's event in the pokemon centre will freeze the game so i have removed the door :P

Making patch now, will be uploaded within 20 mins :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Awesome =O

Why make a new room, why not just add a person to talk to in the PokeCenter for trading/battling needs?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Awesome =O

Why make a new room, why not just add a person to talk to in the PokeCenter for trading/battling needs?

I thought it'd be cool :)
    I could also use the room for the player to take challenges to get the johto starters :)

Beta 1.1 has been delayed due to my PC deciding it would install vista SP1 and putting my pc out of action for a little while :@

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Yeah, that's not a bad idea, it would be like a challenge room to put everything in one

How long do you think it would take for a final release? The most of your work seems to be about mapping and placing the starters, and you've learned how to do it pretty nicely =p

Also, for the Bill thing, try putting some kinds of stairs there, just to see if the stairs without a warp fix anything

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Yeah, that's not a bad idea, it would be like a challenge room to put everything in one

How long do you think it would take for a final release? The most of your work seems to be about mapping and placing the starters, and you've learned how to do it pretty nicely =p

Also, for the Bill thing, try putting some kinds of stairs there, just to see if the stairs without a warp fix anything

I'll leave the door missing for the beta 1.1
    I intend to mess with that for the next thing :)
    If i can I'll find the flag that's set by the event and use it for something earlier in the game

I also need to find a way for the fat guy to run over to you before you leave to make sure people get Bulbasaur :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    So, what else is added in?

Is anything changed other than the starters?

Are Johto starters obtainable yet, or not til Kanto?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • ive played this game and no remapping has been done in towns......

-_-

at what point did i say anything about remapping anything? (i resisted the chance to flame you, your post is almost trolling)

Johto starters are gonna be in a little challenge room thing somewhere in Kanto
    Squirtle isn't currently in this Beta but he will be in the next one (2.0)

View attachment 41918

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back